Home

Exciting news: The running game is no longer an issue in Greathouse

This is a discussion on Exciting news: The running game is no longer an issue in Greathouse within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Exciting news: The running game is no longer an issue in Greathouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Or provide an example of what had to be done, what mode are these changes being tested on, and what happens when you play at other difficulties?

I don't see how this can be done so extensively and not cause other difficulty levels to be broken, or basically making all OL/DL/LB/RB roughly the same.
Exactly the point, change one rating and it causes others to be broken. That's why you have to go through each team and tweak, but the good news is that only 10 teams remain to fix. I'm getting there.

Guys, I am going through every team to do every player. I cant give you instructions because they are all different! Every team and player is rated differently. hang in there its almost done.

Check this thread for updates:
http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...t=10220&page=4

thaks,
MJ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #26
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

the BB Board here is officially dead. RIP.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 AM   #27
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
the BB Board here is officially dead. RIP.
kind of, but I play the game every day and I know many others do too.

It really is a great, fun game imo, I just wish the running game in the patch didn't take such a hit. In my league I'm averaging 3.6 ish yards per carry, BUT it's an all offensive league and my running back is an absolute stud, so it's very much a problem. I forget it when I bust a nice run, but then I get stuffed 3 times in a row for no gain or a loss and I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me.

anyway, I've completed 4.5 seasons now, but we do need another patch, otherwise the game plays the most statistically realistic game of football I've played. Things like tackles are finally represented believably and both teams usually get anywhere from 52-60 plays off in 5 min quarters which ends up being about what NFL teams run.

Too much friendly fire still, linebackers may be a touch too fast and rb's don't break enough tackles as well as the o-line not blocking well enough (or fb's and te's too).

My only other problem with the game is deep balls, but that's for another thread.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #28
Pro

boooey's Arena

official BB forum is not dead, that is for sure.. this is a Madden dominated forum, so no surprise to see BB not get much attention here.

as far as fixing the running game.. i think its pretty much known now that you can globally lower the agility and speed of the D-Line to help improve the running game, but the consequence will be that it will be near impossible to get sacks from the front 4 D-Lineman.. so unless you blitz with a LB or corner, you aint getting any sacks

bottom line.. we need another patch
Old 09-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
official BB forum is not dead, that is for sure.. this is a Madden dominated forum, so no surprise to see BB not get much attention here.

as far as fixing the running game.. i think its pretty much known now that you can globally lower the agility and speed of the D-Line to help improve the running game, but the consequence will be that it will be near impossible to get sacks from the front 4 D-Lineman.. so unless you blitz with a LB or corner, you aint getting any sacks

bottom line.. we need another patch
Somewhat related this, I was looking on the Backbreaker forum yesterday to see if there was any talk of another patch since we haven't really heard anything, when I saw somebody mention a roster from bbhighlitesgs.com that was suppose to improve the running game.

From the couple of games I played yesterday after downloading their latest roster the run game was indeed much better on both sides. I had two straight 100 yard games with Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson on Hard. I didn't have a single 100 game after the patch before trying that roster. The CPU had good success running as well.

But, the issue that become apparent in those games was in order to get the running game in that state the pass rush was made absolutely non existent. 4 and 5 man rushes couldn't get anywhere near me or the CPU QB and blitzes weren't much better in terms of getting to the QB.

So while that file did indeed make the running game game feel similar to prepatch running, I wouldn't use it since it killed the pass rush in the process.

So I guess my question to mrJordan is have you been able to improve the running game without killing the pass rush? I have a hard time believing it is even possible.

Before yesterday I had basically stopped playing the game all together since the patch came out, it would be great to have a solution either through another patch(which I doubt will happen at this point) or through roster editing like the op is trying to do that motivates me to actually play the game again.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678

So I guess my question to mrJordan is have you been able to improve the running game without killing the pass rush? I have a hard time believing it is even possible.

Before yesterday I had basically stopped playing the game all together since the patch came out, it would be great to have a solution either through another patch(which I doubt will happen at this point) or through roster editing like the op is trying to do that motivates me to actually play the game again.
I would guess that it's a feast or famine type deal when adjusting the stats, especially since the devs delayed pressure from the defensive line in the greathouse patch to improve the pocket for the qb, adjusting the dline to accommodate the run combined with the patch is probably going to create an arcade type playing style. I have played 4 games post patch online, and only one person attempted to run, but I'm going to guess he used the player editor, because he was simply unstoppable. It's no wonder he is on top of the leader boards on the 360.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #31
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Somewhat related this, I was looking on the Backbreaker forum yesterday to see if there was any talk of another patch since we haven't really heard anything, when I saw somebody mention a roster from bbhighlitesgs.com that was suppose to improve the running game.

From the couple of games I played yesterday after downloading their latest roster the run game was indeed much better on both sides. I had two straight 100 yard games with Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson on Hard. I didn't have a single 100 game after the patch before trying that roster. The CPU had good success running as well.

But, the issue that become apparent in those games was in order to get the running game in that state the pass rush was made absolutely non existent. 4 and 5 man rushes couldn't get anywhere near me or the CPU QB and blitzes weren't much better in terms of getting to the QB.

So while that file did indeed make the running game game feel similar to prepatch running, I wouldn't use it since it killed the pass rush in the process.

yeah, the thing is it doesn't even make sense. pre-patch the run game was borderline perfect. How does improving the passing pocket kill the run game? I'm still wondering what they actually did to cause this effect - because it makes zero sense. Pre-patch it was sacks in the backfield galore, and a lot of run stuffs BUT - I was able to run quite nicely

I just had a 4.6 ypc 122 yard rushing performance, but it's was a RARE game AND I have a stud rb, stud OL and every team started with only 1 gold Defensive player in my league. So yeah, it needs fixing because this doesn't make sense either. The cpu averages 40 yards rushing a game against me and that's way too low, especially at around 2ypc w/ a pass defence orientation.

So...how did improving the pocket and decreasing catching skills manage to cripple the run-game? ...how??? and please get rid of 'tap a to regain balance' ...just do it automatically and FAST, the run game is tough enough without that crap.

oh and I can tell easily that they nerfed the spin move AND made tackles more effective.

one last thing lol... they really need to speed up the high goal line dive move. it was slow prepatch but I had some great dives over the pile...post patch it's now almost if not totally impossible to do a high goal line dive over the linemen after the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #32
Banned

Dont worry guys, I only have a few more teams to go and you will be very happy with the results.
MJ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »