Home

Was not impressed with BB as a FB fix.

This is a discussion on Was not impressed with BB as a FB fix. within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Was not impressed with BB as a FB fix.

I purchased this game last night for $16 in hopes of having some fun and play some football, but it pretty much disappointed me. The camera and controls were a nightmare. I respect the team concepts and the innovation they tried to bring to football gaming, but in the end all I got was a Blitz style game and frustration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Was not impressed with BB as a FB fix.

Hey man. It's cool that you tried Backbreaker. Lay in there with it for a while. The camera and controls definitely take a while to get used to. Also, it's not like Madden or NCAA. It's not a highlight fest. It's like playing actual football. Play it like you would coach a real team. You have to be patient and let the game come to you. The ai is pretty smart so there are no exploits like in the EA games this gen.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Rookie

TCFClemson's Arena

OVR: 2

It takes time to get used to.

BB was a great jump up from other games in player interaction but the thing that really killed the game for me was the bad AI.
I occasionally stream on twitch at twitch.tv/tcfclemson
Old 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

As soon as I played the demo, I knew it wasn't the game for me, lol..
Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

The only two things BB needed to keep me locked in was a franchise mode and a standard pulled back "Madden" camera and I honestly would still be playing it to this day. At the least a few more camera angles would have been good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

I still play it occasionally, I like creating teams and logos so no NFL license doesn't bother me, but the game is really, really flawed...just about everything. The game works a lot better against humans, but you're not going to find anyone online. I got this game on the release date and even then no one was online.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

this game had the most influential and gamebreaking patch ever released. it added a fantastic replay camera, new formations, tightened up a AI loads, fixed the pass blocking. but at the same time made pass blocking OP, ruined the run blocking, and somehow restricted to the euphoria. pre-patch, you would see guys perform a variety of animations on the fly in the proper context. cramming the line, diving over the pile and pancakes in the run game. post patch, it felt like electric football. those animations for the most part stopped.

if they just kept the running physics.....
Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

I loved the new difficulty of playing offense...from being a QB to running the ball.

I also loved the immersion of being on the field. I think it was a great first attempt. I wish they would come back and at least release a Next Gen PSN/XBL/PC downloadable version. It can be bare bones again. Just have it at $14.99. (don't get me wrong, I'd pay $60..but I know others wouldn't so just trying to be realistic.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »