Home

MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #17
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre

Friday, May 8th, 2008. Yankees 8 Orioles 1

The Yankees scored a run in the first and never looked back as they cruised to an 8-1 victory over the Orioles.

The offense banged out 16 hits, including 3 hits from Damon, Abreu, Betemit, Posada, and Melky Cabrera. Wilson Betemit hit a solo HR and Jorge Posada hit 2 HR's... They went back-to-back in the 3rd inning.

But the star of the game was Darrell Rasner. Making his first start after being recalled from AAA to take Mike Mussina's spot in the rotation, Rasner was awesome. He went 8.0 innings and gave up 6 hits and 1 ER. He walked 1 batter and struck out 6.

This was exactly what the Yankees needed as their rotation has been struggling all season. If Rasner can repeat this performance, he will make it very hard for the Yankees to send him back to Scranton.

With the Red Sox losing 2 straight, the Yankees are 6.5 games back. However, Joe Girardi will be happy just to get back to .500...

Game 2 of the series will see Carl Pavano vs Jeremy Guthrie.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM   #18
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

May 9th, 2008. Yankees 9 Orioles 6

Yankee bats exploded again for a second straight game, this time roughing up Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie to the tune of 8 hits and 6 runs in 4.2 innings. The Yankees blasted 5 home runs, one each by Johnny Damon, Bobby Abreu, Wilson Betemit, Robinson Cano, and Melky Cabrera.

Wilson Betemit continues his ridiculous hitting, and is now over .400 for the season.

Carl Pavano pitched 6.0 innings, allowing 7 hits and 4 ER. Joba Chamberlain pitched 1.1 innings for his first save of the year.

The lone bright spot for the Orioles was Aubrey Huff, who went 2-2 with 2 HR's. Guthrie is struggling this year. He is 1-5 with a 8.15 ERA.

The series finale will have Andy Pettitte vs Daniel Cabrera.

The 1st place Red Sox dropped 2 straight to 2nd place Tampa Bay so the Yankees gained another game. They are 5.5 games out of 1st.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:25 PM   #19
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

In 09 The Show do you have 30 team control? Im playing 08 and I don't.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:47 AM   #20
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

No, I don't think you can and if you can I couldn't figure it out.

I set the CPU control off and on but I couldn't make trades or change the lineups of other teams.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:58 AM   #21
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Sunday, May 10th, 2008. Yankees 6 Orioles 4

The Yankees finished off a sweep of the Orioles with a 6-4 victory. Andy Pettitte (4-3, 3.58 ERA) pitched 6.0 innings, and gave up 9 hits and 3 ER, 2 BB's and 6 K's... Mariano Rivera pitched the 9th for his 8th save.

Jason Giambi had 3 hits, as did Jorge Posada. Robinson Cano went 3-4 with a HR and 3 RBI's... Bobby Abreu extended his hit streak to 13 games. During his streak, Abreu raised his average from .134 to .239.

After a day off, the Yankees travel to Toronto to open a 3 game series.

Game 1 features Phil Hughes (4-1, 2.45) vs Shawn Marcum (1-1, 4.02)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #22
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Tuesday, May 12th, 2008. Yanks 4 Blue Jays 6

The Yankees 3 game winning streak went by the wayside as they lost the first game of the series 6-4 to the Blue Jays.

The Yankees defense will take the blame for this loss. Phil Hughes gave up 4 runs in the 3rd inning but thanks to throwing errors by Jeter and Cano, it led to 3 unearned runs. Johnny Damon was the lone bright spot for the Yankees, hitting a 3 run homer in the 6th inning.

Bobby Abreu went 0-3 with a BB and saw his hit streak end at 13 games.

The Yankee bullpen finally had a good outing, as David Robertson and Jose Veras combined for 4.1 innings of 1 hit ball and 5 strikeouts.

Game 2 of the series features Ian Kennedy (2-2, 3.75ERA) vs Roy Halladay (3-3, 4.08 ERA)
Old 05-06-2018, 12:19 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 0

Only nine years ago but as a young Yankees fan this is quite the jump in the time machine for me. Looks like you're starting to find more success in the last few games, keep it up!
Old 05-06-2018, 07:23 PM   #24
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursup
Only nine years ago but as a young Yankees fan this is quite the jump in the time machine for me. Looks like you're starting to find more success in the last few games, keep it up!
Thanks man. I am having a blast playing even though I have a losing record. There is a reason the Yankees finished third in 2008. Pitching is a challenge but hopefully it will get better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »