Home

MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #25
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 09 The Show: Girardi takes over for Torre

Wednesday, May 13th, 2008. Yankees 0 Blue Jays 4

The Yankees ran into a buzzsaw today, and his name was Roy "Doc" Halladay. The Doc was his usual self as he pitched a 4 hit shutout against the Yankees. He kept everything low in the zone and the Yankees couldn't even get good wood on anything, getting just 4 singles.

Rest In Peace Doc. You were one for the ages...

Game 3 of the series will have Darrell Rasner vs A.J. Burnett as the Yankees try and avoid a sweep...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #26
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

I loved watching Doc pitch.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #27
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Thursday May 14th, 2008 Yankees 7 Blue Jays 3

The Yankees managed to salvage the final game of the series against the Blue Jays with a 7-3 victory. The Yankees got to A.J. Burnett early, getting 4 runs in the 1st inning including a Jason Giambi 3-run HR in the 1st inning. Wilson Betemit added a 2-run HR in the 4th inning.

Darrell Rasner impressed again in his 2nd start of the season, going 7.0 innings and allowing 7 hits, 2 ER, 1 BB and 4 K's.

Wilson Betemit is hitting .396 and may force his way into the lineup as DH, replacing Hideki Matsui.

The Yankees are 17-19 for the season and they are in 4th place in the A.L. East, and 6.5 games out of the wildcard.

The Yankees play their next 7 games against the last place Twins and Orioles so hopefully this will allow them to get in a grove and pick up some much needed wins.

Last edited by MBMavs20; 05-21-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:23 AM   #28
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Friday May 15th, 2008 Twins 3 Yankees 2

The Yankees weekend home stand did not start the way they hoped. Carl Pavano pitched well but not well enough and took the loss. The Twins got a solo HR from light hitting Jason Pridie and a 2-Run Homer from Justin Morneau.

The Yankees bats were held in check by Boof Bonser, who was making a spot start out of the Twins bullpen. All the Yankees could muster was 2 solo Homers from Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada.

Today was extra tough because we were facing a reliever and I did get some good cuts, and had at least 3 swings that were in my Wheelhouse with perfect timing and they went no where.

The Yankee hitters need to do a better job of working the counts and getting into counts that favor the batter. No way Boof Bonser should have beat them at home.

The pitch I threw that Morneau hit out to centerfield was a Forkball that I aimed low and outside. Pavano's Forkball control rating is 95. However, when I looked at the replay, the pitch got too much of the plate and Morneau crushed it. Frustrating...

Game 2 of the series will be Andy Pettitte vs Scott Baker.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #29
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Saturday, May 16th, 2008 Twins 2 Yankees 7

The Yankees bounced back after yesterday's disappointing lose and took game 2 of the series behind Andy Pettitte. Pettitte was brilliant, going the distance in a complete game win. He gave up 6 hits, did not walk a batter, and had 4 K's. Pettitte had his Circle Change working today and frustrated the Twins hitters all afternoon.

J. Damon 3-5 HR
A-Rod 2-4 2 RBI's
M. Cabrera 3-4
H. Matsui 1-4 2-Run HR 2 RBI's

The offense looked better as well. They were more patient at the plate and worked the counts better. Matsui took Scott Baker deep on a 2-0 count as he was sitting on a fastball.
Johnny Damon hit his HR on a 1st pitch fastball when Baker was losing and was trying to get ahead of the hitters. Also drew 2 walks for the game.

Game 3 of this 4 game series will have Phil Hughes (4-2 2.86) vs Francisco Liriano (1-0 1.35) Liriano is making his 2nd start of the season after being recalled because Nick Blackburn is on the 60 DL with a shoulder injury.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #30
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

So, after a loss to the Twins (the last place Twins), my record was 18-21 and I was pretty much done. Couldn't hit, wasn't patient enough to draw walks, and my pitching, especially the bullpen, was terrible. I deleted the franchise file and popped in MLB 13 to start a franchise with the Pirates.

I started the season with the Pirates 2-0, but I did not control all 30 rosters and they were all out of wack. Teams were keeping 9 starters and 2 or 3 bullpen pitchers. Plus, I was still pissed at myself because I put a ton of work into my 2008 season and I didn't want to give up and end it the way I did.

So, I had a previous franchise save from my 2008 franchise on MLB 2009. It was May 5th, 2008. I was 12-16 and just lost a 2 game series against the Red Sox. So I loaded up my franchise and decided to give it another try.

Over my next 12 games, I went 11-1....

Maybe because i was pissed, or motivated, I don't know, but I felt like a new player.

I beat the Rays 2 straight, Sweep a 3 game series at Baltimore, won 2 of 3 at Toronto, then came home and sweep a 4 game series against the Twins.

During my streak, I hit .310 with 20 HR's, and my ERA was 2.94.

Phil Hughes was 3-0 during the streak with a 0.45 ERA. Ian Kennedy was 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA.

Jason Giambi in a 3 game stretch hit 3 Hr's and had 12 RBI's...

Granted, the teams I beat during the streak stink. (TB is in 3rd place, Orioles in 4th, and the Blue Jays and Twins are in last place) but you have to start somewhere.

I am re-energized and can't wait to keep going. My next series is a 3 game with Baltimore at home and then I go on the road for my first Inter-league series against the 1st place Phillies...

This 11-1 streak is by far the best I have ever done on any game or system.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:27 PM   #31
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Tuesday, May 19th, 2008. Orioles 3 Yankees 2 10 Innings

The Yankees opened up a 3 game series against the Orioles but could not come up with the victory.

The Orioles pounded out 15 hits but only pushed across 3 runs thanks to grounding into 4 double plays. Aubrey Huff went 3-5 as did Nick Markakis. Brian Burres went 7.0 and only allowed 4 hits and 1 run. George Sherrill got his 7th save of the season.

The Yankees got a rather pleasant surprise as Carl Pavano finally pitched a game where he didn't get shelled. He lasted 6.0 and only gave up 1 run despite allowing 10 hits. Joba Chamberlain took the loss allowing 3 hits and a run in 1.1 innings.

Game 2 of the series will be Radhames Liz vs Darrell Rasner

Wednesday May 20th, 2008. Orioles 3 Yankees 4

The Yankees rebounded from their series opening loss and took game 2 thanks to Jason Giambi's walk off single in the bottom of the 9th. Giambi came up with Johnny Damon on 3rd and 2 outs, and took a 3-0 fastball through the right side, through the shift, for a base hit to right. Gaimbi finished 3-5 with a HR and 2 RBI's. Johnny Damon went 2-5 with 2 RBI's as well. Darrell Rasner went 5.1 allowing 6 Hits and 2 ER's. Kyle Farnsworth went 2 innings in relief to get the win.

For the Orioles, Aubrey Huff continues to kill Yankee pitching, going 3-4 with 2 solo HR's. Nick Markakis went 2-4 with an RBI. Greg Aquino (1-1) took the loss in relief of Radhames Liz.

The Yankees also made a move, promoting Dan Giese (2-0, 1.85) to the Majors and sending down Billy Traber (0-0, 16.88) Giese will serve as a spot starter out of the bullpen and will start game 3 of the series to give the Yankee starters an extra day off.

Game 3 will see Dan Giese vs Jeremy Guthrie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #32
Pro

MBMavs20's Arena

Thursday, May 21st, 2008. Orioles 3 Yankees 7

The Yankees won the finally of a 3 game set against the Orioles.

Baltimore's Nick Markakis went nuts in the series finishing 8-13 with 4 RBI's. Jeremy Guthrie took the loss and is now 1-7 with a 9.21 ERA. Not sure how much longer the Orioles can afford to keep him in the rotation. Catcher Ramon Hernandez is doing his best Ted Williams impression. He went 2-4 and is hitting .386 for the season.

The Yankees have now won 13 of their last 15 games and will head into their first inter-league match up against the 1st place Phillies.

Jason Giambi went 2-3 with an RBI as the Yankees rested Cabrera, Matsui, and Posada. Dan Giese pitched well is his first start of the season, lasting 4.1 innings allowing 9 hits and 3 ER's.

The Yankees are now 4 games behind the Red Sox in the A.L. East, and 1.5 games behind the White Sox in the A.L Wildcard race. The Sox will face the Mets in their first inter league match up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »