Home

All Team NBA Association

This is a discussion on All Team NBA Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1
All Team NBA Association

Hey OS Community! I've attempted to start other Dynasty Threads before, but my life has just conflicted with this and I have not had the time to maintain one. However, with the senior year of high school nearing it's end, I have a lot of free time now! I will be writing about a 30-team association that is at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. I will start with a 2012-2013 recap, a playoff recap, and an off-season recap. During the first season, I started in the middle of the season before the deadline, and i did the trades that happened in real life, along with a few of my own.

Roster: Sim-World
Sliders: Ronyell's
DC's: Sim-World 2013, CWSapp/Dreece Fictional

I also want to thank the entire Sim-World team for making such an excellent roster, cgalligan for some of the logos I will be using, and fellow OS Dynasty writers for inspiring me to write this.

I hope everyone enjoys, and I would love to have all feedback and suggestions for this Association!

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-19-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Re: All Team NBA Association

Season Recap

Headline Trades:

all other trades matched real life deadline

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89...e-tracker-2013

Season Awards

2012-2013 SEASON AWARDS
AwardPlayerPosTeam
Most Valuable PlayerLeBron JamesSFMiami Heat
Rookie of the YearAnthony DavisPFNew Orleans Hornets
Sixth Man of the YearJ.R. SmithSGNew York Knicks
Defensive Player of the YearDwight HowardCLos Angeles Clippers
Most Improved PlayerByron MullensCCharlotte Bobcats
Coach of the YearErik SpoelstraHCMiami Heat
All-NBA 1st Team
All-NBA 1st TeamRussell WestbrookGOklahoma CityThunder

James HardenGHouston Rockets

LeBron JamesFMiami Heat

Kevin DurantFOklahoma City Thunder

Dwight HowardCLos Angeles Lakers
All-NBA 2nd Team
All-NBA 2nd TeamKobe BryantGLos Angeles Lakers

Jrue HolidayGPhiladelphia 76ers

Blake GriffinFLos Angeles Clippers

Josh SmithFAtlanta Hawks

DeMarcus CousinsCSacremento Kings
All-NBA 3rd Team
All-NBA 3rd TeamStephen CurryGGolden State Warriors

Dwyane WadeGMiami Heat

LaMarcus AldridgeFPortland Trail Blazers

Tim DuncanFSan Antonio Spurs

Joakim NoahCChicago Bulls
All-Defensive 1st Team
All-Defensive 1st TeamDwyane WadeGMiami Heat

Monta EllisGUtah Jazz

Josh SmithFAtlanta Hawks

Serge IbakaFOklahoma Thunder

Dwight HowardCLos Angeles Lakes
All-Defensive 2nd Team
All-Defensive 2nd TeamJrue HolidayGPhiladelphia 76ers

Andre IguodalaGDenver Nuggets

Anthony DavisFNew Orleans Hornets

Tim DuncanFSan Antonio Spurs

Joakim NoahCChicago Bulls
All-Rookie 1st Team
All-Rookie 1st TeamAnthony DavisFNew Orleans Hornets

Damian LillardGPortland Trail Blazers

Bradley BealGWashington Wizards

Dion WaitersGCleveland Cavaliers

Michael Kidd-GilchristFCharlotte Bobcats
All-Rookie 2nd Team
All-Rookie 2nd TeamJonas ValanciunasCToronto Raptors

Andre DrummondCDetroit Pistons

Kyle SinglerFDetroit Pistons

Harrison BarnesFGolden State Warriors

Austin RiversGNew Orleans Hornets

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-20-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Playoffs Recap

Playoff Bracket

First Round

After the First Round Heat-Bucks series concluded, millions of Heat fans and Lebron fans did not like the ESPN Headline the following morning:

Other surprises include the dismantling of the Clippers at the hand of the Lakers, a series of games that may very well change the course of the free agency. Furthermore, the playoffs have gotten off to an exciting start with plenty of close games and close series.

First Round Top Performer

Knocking the favorite Miami Heat took a magical playoff series by young point Guard Brandon Jennings. He averaged 32.3 points,
4.7 rebounds, 7.7 assists, and 3.5 steals per game, including 47 points in Game 1, and 44 points, 7 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 steals in a pivotal Game 4, when the Heat were looking to tie the series.

Conference Semifinals

The Conference Semifinals of this year helped Dwight Howard and Carmelo Anthony prove that the transactions their GM
:

Derrick Rose also proved that his choice to return for the playoffs was correct. He averaged 27 points and 8 assists to lead the Bulls past the surging Bucks.

Conference Semifinals Top Performer

Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Durant all had stellar performances during this round, but Dwight Howard's 30.2 points, 15.4 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 4.5 blocksin the sweep of Nuggets truly showed his return to dominance.

Conference Finals

Eastern Conference Finals

The Eastern Conference Finals began with a miniature brawl during Game 1. Melo dominated throughout the entire game, but the Knicks inability to stop the entire Bulls team offense eventually led the Bulls to a Game 1 victory, 101-90 (1-0 Bulls). Game 2 made the Bulls look spectacular, and it seemed as if the series would be one sided. Derrick Rose exploded with 39 points, 19 in the 3rd quarter. The Bulls went on the win 88-73 (2-0 Bulls). After Game 2, Carmelo told the press "I've faced adversity every year in the Playoffs, and I promise I won't let my Knicks fans down." He backed up his words wit the single best Playoff performance of this year, going for 53 points and 12 rebounds, 9 being offensive rebounds. The Knicks won 113-107 (2-1 Bulls). When Game 4 started, Derrick Rose starting five for six with 14 points in the first quarter. Carmelo quickly responded in the second quarter, and the game was tied at half. The duel between Melo and Rose continued in the third quarter, but the Bulls defense was too much down the stretch, and the Bulls won 88-82 (3-1 Bulls). Most fans believed that the Bulls had won now, but the Knicks showed that they were not going away, dominating the second and third quarters of Game 5 and 6, giving them two victories: 97-88 (3-2 Bulls) and 103-95 (3-3 tied). This resilience set up for a tense and anticipated Game 7. The Knicks came out of the gate strong, taking a demanding lead going into the half, but Derrick Rose poured in 17 points in the third quarter, helping the Bulls tie the game going into the fourth quarter. This set up a dream scenario of the Bulls defense attempting to stop Melo, and the Knicks defense attempting to stop Rose. Boy, did both superstars deliver! The back and forth between the two lead to a 85-84 Bulls lead with 2:51 to go. Derrick Rose scored on a nasty crossover, and then stole the ball from Felton and dunked the ball. With the Bulls now in control, it was Melo's chance to answer, but Derrick Rose and the Bulls would not be denied. They won 93-90 (4-3 Bulls win).

Western Conference Finals

After exceeding Playoff expectations for the Lakers, Kobe was one step closer to a coveted sixth ring. Analysts were predicting victories for both sides, some saying Westbrook's, and the Thunder's team quickness would be too much, while the Lakers post game was too powerful, and of course, they had Kobe Bryant, who was thirsty to prove himself after the last two playoffs. The first two games displayed the brilliance of a player that was flying under that radar. However, after Durant's 39 and 42 point Game 1 and 2 performances, respectively, he was the talk of the Finals. The Thunder won both games 101-95 (1-0 Thunder) and 105-94 (2-0 Thunder). When Game 3 tipped off, Dwight Howard was on a mission to make this a series. He dominated the whole game, and attempts at late game heroics by Westbrook and Durant fell short, and the Lakers won 94-92 (2-1 Thunder). Much of America and the whole world were anticipating a stellar Game 4, but he Thunder quickly came out and silenced everyone. The dominated the must-win for the Lakers, and won 88-70 (3-1 Thunder). Kobe Bryant had been relatively quite in the series to this point, but his 36 point and 14 assist performance in Game 5 was no surprise to no anyone. The Lakers won 92-86 (3-2 Thunder). After Game 6, Durant vowed to win Game 6 and avoid a Game 7 because he said "anything can happen in a Game 7". However, Durant started Game 6 very slow, and the early implications of the game showed an inevitable Game 7. Despite a ten point lead at half for the Lakers, the Thunder's defense and teamwork gave them the lead by the end of the fourth, 87-84. After some key defensive stops by the Thunder, and good transition baskets, the Thunder took control of the game and gave Durant the ball to close out the game. The Thunder won 110-105 (4-2 Thunder win).

NBA Finals

After 82 regular season games and 3 rounds of Playoff basketball, the Thunder and Bulls have reached the NBA Finals. For the Thunder, they do not want to wait another year, and add more doubt to the young team. For the Bulls, a win in these Finals would prove the prowess of head coach Tom Thibodeau and Chicago-native Derrick Rose.

Game 1 began with a duel between Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook. The Bulls gained a slight edge after Luol Deng's ability to hold Kevin Durant to only nine first half points. Howeve, Luol Deng was banged up at the beginning of the third quarter after twisting is angle contesting a Westbrook layup. Durant took advantage, scoring 15 of his 34 points in the third quarter. The Thunder were able to hold off a surge by the Bulls, and won 97-92 (1-0 Thunder).

Derrick Rose showed that he did not want to fall down 2-0, so he came out strong in Game 2, making his team look fantastic with 3 steals and 5 assists in the first quarter. He also added 6 points. By half, Derrick Rose's performance gave the Bulls a seven point lead. Derrick Rose did not left his foot off the gas pedal, and the Thunder had no answers for him. he ended the game with 34 points, 9 rebounds, 14 assists, and 7 steals. The Bulls won 104-97 (1-1 tied).

Both teams knew that Game 3 of a tied series often decided the eventual victor of the series. Both teams backed up this knowledge, and the game was neck and neck the entire time. A run by Luol Deng in the third quarter give the Bulls the slight lead the needed. On the last possession, Durant passed to an open Westbrook, but Westbrook missed the open shot to send the game into overtime. The Bulls won 88-86 (2-1 Bulls).

Westbrook did not let his miss effect his play, and he turned in his best performance of the series in Game 4. Westbrook and Ibaka took advantage of Boozer's inability to cover the pick and roll and pick and pop to give the Thunder the lead at half. In the 3rd quarter, Kevin Durant added to the offense, and it was too much for the Bulls. Rose tried his best during the fourth quarter, but he fell short and the Thunder won 93-89 (2-2 tied).

Game 5 was much of the same scenario as Game 3. History shows that the winner of Game 5 in a tied series wins the series. Both teams started off slow on offense, and the halftime score was tied, 39-39. It seemed like the only two people that could get anything going were Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant. In the third quarter, they both showed why they were the best young stars of the league. However, when Durant picked up his fourth foul with around six minutes left in the third quarter, Scott Brooks had to sit Durant. This was when the Bulls took advantage, and they got enough of an edge to win the game 82-78 (3-2 Bulls).

Game 6
followed much of the same mold as Game 5. However, Russell Westbrook took control of the game when Derrick Rose sat during the third quarter. By the start of the fourth, the score was 80-73 Thunder. They eventually won 103-92 (3-3 tied) because the Bulls sustain a run to close the gap of the game.

Game 7 began with offensive explosions from both sides. The halftime score was 54-53 Thunder. In the third quarter, Rose and Westbrook went back and forth. When Westbrook assisted to Durant for a buzzer-beating shot to end the third, the crowd went berserk, and the Thunder had a five point lead, 83-78. This was Durant's golden chance to prove that he was ready to take over the league and force his case as the top player in the league. He delivered a Dirk-esque fourth quarter, constantly scoring. He put the game away with a 3-play against Deng and Noah. The game eventually ended with the score 113-109 (4-3 Thunder win).

NBA Finals MVP
Kevin Durant

30.3 ppg
10.7 rbg
5.4 apg
1.4 bpg

"I now have my first ring. This won't be my last."

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-20-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

NBA Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1MagicBen McLemoreSG

2BobcatsNerlens NoelC

3KingsMarcus SmartG

4WizardsCody ZellerC

5SunsShabazz MuhammadSG/SF

6PistonsOtto PorterSF

7CavaliersAnthony BennettF

8HornetsAlex LenC

9NuggetsVictor OladipoSG

1076ersJames McadooF

11ThunderMason PlumleeC

12TimberwolvesLeBryan NashSF

13RocketsTrey BurkePG

14BobcatsIsaiah AustinPF/C

15BucksAlex PoythressSF

16JazzMichael Carter-WilliamsG

17JazzCJ McCollumG

18PacersRudy GobertC

19HawksKentavious Caldwell-PopeSG/SF

20CavaliersTony MitchellF

21CelticsAndre RobersonSF

22NetssDario SaricF

23MavericksJeff WitheyC

24KnicksMyck KabongoPG

25BullsArchie GoodwinSG

26ClippersDoug McDermottF

27TimberwolvesAlec BrownC

28SpursSean KilpatrickSG

29SunsLorenzo BrownG

30ThunderReggie BullockSG/SF

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-21-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

Resigned:
1. Dwight Howard -> LA Lakers
2. Josh Smith -> Hawks
3. Brandon Jennings -> Bucks
4. Al Jefferson -> Jazz
5. Paul Millsap -> Bucks
6. Darren Collison -> Celtics

Team Changes:
1. Chris Paul -> Houston Rockets
2. Andre Iguodala -> LA Clippers
3. Nikola Pekovic -> Hawks
4. Ray Allen -> Bobcats
5. J.R. Smith -> Grizzlies
6. Greg Oden -> Spurs
7. Andray Blatche -> Mavs
8. Stephen Jackson -> Hawks
9. Ronnie Brewer -> Warriors

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-21-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

NBA Before Season Power Rankings
RK (LW)TeamRecordNext Game
1 () Oklahoma City Thunder0-0
2 () Miami Heat0-0
3 () Los Angeles Lakers0-0
4 () Chicago Bulls0-0
5 () Dallas Mavericks0-0
6 () Houston Rockets0-0
7 () New Jersey Nets0-0
8 () San Antonio Spurs0-0
9 () Los Angeles Clippers0-0
10 () New York Knicks0-0
11 () Memphis Grizzlies0-0
12 () Golden State Warriors0-0
13 () Denver Nuggets0-0
14 () Philadelphia 76ers0-0
15 () Indiana Pacers0-0
16 () Milwakee Bucks0-0
17 () Boston Celtics0-0
18 () Cleveland Cavaliers0-0
19 () Utah Jazz0-0
20 () Atlanta Hawks0-0
21 () Portland Trailblazers0-0
22 () Minnesota Timberwolves0-0
23 () New Orleans Hornets0-0
24 () Toronto Raptors0-0
25 () Phoenix Suns0-0
26 () Washington Wizards0-0
27 () Detroit Pistons0-0
28 () Sacramento Kings0-0
29 () Orlando Magic0-0
30 () Charlotte Bobcats0-0

Last edited by chinatownpwnage; 04-21-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

one thing i want to ask everyone is for some story lines that they would want to see as a possibility during the association. For example, trades, signings, etc.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 23

Love the detail, I'll be following.

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »