Home

Fear The Deer -- Milwaukee Bucks Dynasty

This is a discussion on Fear The Deer -- Milwaukee Bucks Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #81
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Fear The Deer -- Milwaukee Bucks Dynasty

Pelicans No Match For Bucks

The Greek Freak shows off his leaping ability

Milwaukee, WI -- The Bucks pick up their second win in as many games, beating the New Orleans Pelicans handily.

An amazing first quarter proved too much for the Pelicans, as they were outscored 40-22. Again, in the second quarter, Milwaukee outscored the Pelicans, 26-18.

In the first half, Milwaukee was firing on all cylinders. They had 14 steals in the game, 10 of which were in the first half. They picked up 18 points on fast breaks, and put on a show for the home crowd.

Milwaukee got great play out of their big men. Larry Sanders posted 11 points and 14 boards, along with 5 steals (career high). John Henson posted 14 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, and 3 blocks in the game. It was great to see the two fill in right where the other left off when they changed shifts.

Hometon fans are hoping this becomes a trend for Milwaukee. They remain one game behind the Knicks for 8th place in the hunt for the playoffs. They'll need to continue this hot streak if they want to have a chance.

Box Score

Bucks

Pelicans

QUICK LINKS
Roster | Team Overview | Stats | Standings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 08:22 PM   #82
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

Bucks On Hot Streak!
Record: (32-34)

March 11th, 2015
vs.
W 124-116

MIL
O.J. Mayo - 27 PTS, 5 REB.
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 19 PTS, 11 REB, 2 BLK.

ORL
Nikola Vucevic - 25 PTS, 7 REB.
Channing Frye - 14 PTS, 9 REB.

March 12th, 2015
vs.
W 97-92

MIL
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 16 PTS, 13 REB.
O.J. Mayo - 16 PTS, 4 AST.

IND
Roy Hibbert - 16 PTS, 9 REB, 3 BLK.
George Hill - 15 PTS, 4 REB, 6 AST.

March 14th, 2015
vs.
W 102-101

MIL
Michael Carter-Williams - 25 PTS, 3 AST.
Giannis Antetokounmpo - 18 PTS, 6 AST.

MEM
Al Jefferson - 17 PTS, 11 REB, 2 BLK.
Zach Randolph - 8 PTS, 14 REB.

Next Up

Record: (38-28)

Last edited by benrich315; 03-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #83
Rookie

IllWill89's Arena

OVR: 0

Following. Looks like the Bucks will be back in the playoffs.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #84
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllWill89
Following. Looks like the Bucks will be back in the playoffs.
Hope so! Don't jinx me though man haha
Old 03-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #85
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

Q&A With The Greek Freak

Milwaukee, WI -- Few players have made bigger (or longer) strides over the past year than Milwaukee Bucks second-year player Giannis Antetokounmpo. Since making the leap from the Greek second division to the NBA as an 18-year-old, the Greek Freak has emerged as a key piece to the Bucks' rebuilding efforts, his family has moved to America, and he hasn't stopped growing at the tender age of 20. We sat down with the him before last Saturday's game with the Grizzlies and talked about his journey to the NBA, his favorite foods and what he's hoping to pass down to his younger brothers.

Since draft day, in your eyes, what has been something you've grown at the most since then? It's been a long journey, and it was a fun journey. I grew in the game more, especially this year compared to last year. With the coaching staff this year, they came in and knew that I have a love for the game. Every day we practice more and every day he's talking to me [head coach Jason Kidd] and trying to teach me the game. So, for sure the game. On the defensive end, I know where to be, knowing the right spots, knowing how to move my teammates, playing defense for all of the guys. I'm just trying to keep learning as much as possible.

People know who you are now and are attacking you more, how do you prepare for that daily? Are you accustomed to it now? I'm just used to it. I try to go out there and play as hard as possible. For sure, whenever we play a team with a big name, like Carmelo, LeBron, Kevin [Durant], I just go out there and play hard so after the game they can notice me and say, ‘that's Giannis'.

You make highlight plays nearly every night that crash the Internet. With that said, have you ever thought about entering the dunk contest? I don't know, I've never thought about that. If they invite me, I will take the challenge for sure.

Who was your favorite dunker growing up? Vince Carter for sure! Couldn't wait to see his highlights as a kid.

A year ago, no one knew the game Greek Freak. With so many people wanting to talk and hear from you now, do you still approach everything the same as always? It's just the same. I just always try to open up to everybody. It's nice that people notice you, but sometimes it can be hard. But you've got to always be polite, got to show your manners, I just try to open up.

When you're at home, do you play as yourself in 2K? Yeah, I stopped playing as myself. I just try to play with other players now. Like now, I play with Stephen Curry, I love him in 2K14 and 2K15. He makes all the shots.

Are the Warriors your team in 2K15 then? Ah, the Bucks are my team but, sometimes I play with the Warriors too.

Everybody knows your reaction to when you tried your first smoothie, any new food places you've tried? I tried Five Guys. It's delicious, but it's not healthy for you.

What's your favorite meal now? Usually pregame meals like pasta with some chicken, and salad, but the truth is ... Chipotle (laughs).

So last and most serious question. You think you'll be in the playoffs at the end of the year? Well, right now we've won five straight, but so has the Knicks. We're right there with each other and it all depends on who slips up. Me and the guys are going to play as hard as we can and hopefully we can make it happen.

Last edited by benrich315; 03-09-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #86
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

If you can keep streaking and jump two spots in the East you could get yourself a winnable first round match-up!

The acquisitions and trades are all falling into place nicely, well done!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #87
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeifere1
If you can keep streaking and jump two spots in the East you could get yourself a winnable first round match-up!

The acquisitions and trades are all falling into place nicely, well done!
Thanks man. Didn't really want to trade Knight, but it made the most sense. Just had to find offense elsewhere which we seem to be doing well at. Middleton is finding his shot and Mayo is on fire as of late.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #88
Rookie

benrich315's Arena

More updates coming tomorrow!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »