Home

New York Knicks - This is My Playground

This is a discussion on New York Knicks - This is My Playground within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

OVR: 0
New York Knicks - This is My Playground

The New York Knickerbockers, commonly referred to as the Knicks, are an American professional basketball team based in New York City in the borough of Manhattan. The Knicks compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA) as a member of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference. The team plays its home games at Madison Square Garden, located in the borough of Manhattan. They are one of two NBA teams located in New York City; the other is the Brooklyn Nets. The team, established by Ned Irish in 1946, was one of the founding members of the Basketball Association of America (BAA), which became the NBA after merging with the rival National Basketball League (NBL) in 1949. Along with the Boston Celtics, the Knicks are one of only two original NBA teams still located in its original city.

The Knicks were successful during their early years and were constant playoff contenders under the franchise's first head coach Joe Lapchick. Beginning in 1950, the Knicks made three consecutive appearances in the NBA Finals, all of which were losing efforts. Lapchick resigned in 1956 and the team subsequently began to falter. It was not until the late 1960s when Red Holzman became head coach that the Knicks began to regain their former dominance. Holzman successfully guided the Knicks to two NBA championships, in 1970 and 1973. The Knicks of the 1980s had mixed success that included six playoff appearances; however, they failed to participate in the NBA Finals.

The playoff-level Knicks of the 1990s were led by future Hall of Fame center Patrick Ewing; this era was marked by passionate rivalries with the Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, and Miami Heat. During this time, they were known for playing tough defense under head coaches Pat Riley and Jeff Van Gundy, making two appearances in the NBA Finals, in 1994 and 1999, in the process. However, they were unable to win an NBA championship during this era.

Since 2000, the Knicks have struggled to regain their former glory, but won its first division title in 19 years in 2012-13, led by a core of forwards Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire. They were eventually eliminated in the Eastern Conference semi-finals by the Indiana Pacers, and have failed to make the playoffs since.

More recently Phil Jackson has become GM of the Knicks. The time when the most winning coach in history was in the Knicks was a failure. The star of the team, Carmelo Anthony got into deep friction with the former coach and eventually left the team weeks after leaving GM. Perhaps the only seed of hope planted by Phil was the disputed choice of Kristaps Porzingis in the 2015 Draft. The Latvian would become anchor of the new Knicks.

According to a 2017 Forbes report, the Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA, worth approximately $3.3 billion.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Vasco, my life, my story, my first friend

KOBE BRYANT - UNLIVED MEMORIES
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

Re: New York Knicks - This is My Playground

The Knicks' roster during its more than 75 years of existence, has had several all stars and many hall of famers. Check below the players and part of the technical committee that currently comprise the Knicks team.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by bebetomatos14; 12-23-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

Here you will find the summary of each of the seasons played with the New York Knicks in this saga. Statistics, awards, key reports, among others.

Record:
Eastern Conference Rank (Regular Season):
Atlantic Division Rank:
Playoffs:

Spoiler

Last edited by bebetomatos14; 12-23-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #4
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

Here you will find the main information of the NBA seasons after the beginning of this saga. Winning teams, individual prizes, All-Star Game entries, broken records, retirements, drafts and other league information.

Championship:
Eastern Conference:
Western Conference:
MVP:

Spoiler

Old 12-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

Reserved for future posts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
Rookie

bebetomatos14's Arena

About me

Hi guys, my name is Bebeto Matos and I am a Brazilian fan of the NBA, more specifically the Los Angeles Lakers. This is my first save I share here at Operation Sports. I am administrator of a forum of sharing of saves in Brazil, but my forum is much more focused on football (soccer), so I always wanted to bring my stories to this forum and finally I will do it.

I do not speak English, this is unfortunately a problem of Brazilian education, but I will be using Google Translate and I hope it does well. If it does not look so good, I apologize.

About The Dynasty

Because of this linguistic limitation I will use as little text as possible. Speaking of limitations, I'm also not very good at HTML, so I'll try to compensate using images.

Here in Brazil in our forum, we put in a group of games to give more dynamism to our saga (so we call what you call dynasty), so games will come in groups of 4, 5, 6 or whatever is more feasible (I hope you understand). If I think I should bring a unique game in a post because it is a special game I will do it.

If I realize the need to intervene in some randomness coming from the save itself, I will do it to make the experience even more real and obviously more fun.

I am a passionate fan of the Lakers, but I decided to work on the idea of ​​the Knicks because I believe it is a franchise with an incredible potential wasted by bad manners and sometimes bad luck.

The title as you might imagine has to do with LeBron's post about Madison Square Garden. This will be a cue to something that will happen in the first posts in this story.

Special Thanks

I would like to thank you for the breath of inspiration I gained from visiting several dynasties shared here. Especially the one in particular: The Association: Dallas Mavericks. This was what really inspired me and motivated me to take that first step here in the forum.

Other dynasties also inspired me a lot, like Brooklin Rising and True Atlanta both made by michaellowll. If there is anything I can remember later I will update this text.

If you feel the desire to give suggestions and help me, I will be open to hearing them, or rather reading them.

No more talks, let's go to the show!

Save Data

Roster: NBA2K18 (Tuesday, 19 December 2017)

Sliders: Hall of Fame

Draft Classes:

Season Length: 82 Games

Quarter Length: 10 Minutes

Normalized Played to Sim Minutes: On

Normalized Played to Sim Stats: Off

Playoffs: 7 Games

Old 12-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Fantastic formatting and an excellent overview of the franchise. I look forward to seeing how you do -- consider me a follower, good sir.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #8
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

This looks like it will be a fun one to follow! Glad you decided to go through the hassle of using a translator and posting for us to follow along! I'm looking forward to this one, good luck with the Knicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »