Home

Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

This is a discussion on Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again" within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #9
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Elite Scout Brought In For Big $

The Hawks announced today they have hired Kuba Gooding making him one of the highest paid scouts in the NBA and giving him a 4 year deal. This moves makes sense for both sides as the Hawks have a ton of draft picks coming in future years and its worth paying extra $ to make sure you draft the right person. Kuba has a chance to help turn Hawks around with his scouting and make a bigger name for himself while having job security.

Kuba Gooding, LOL. Someone in 2K got some jokes.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Player Profile - John Colllins

John Collins has the most upside of any of the returning Hawks players after exceeding expectations as the 19th pick in his rookie year. He averaged 10.5 PPG, 7.3 rebounds and only played 24 minutes per game. This year he is expected to average about 30 minutes per game so should easily top last years stats.

John's athleticism and dunking alone is enough to have him consistently average double figures. His rebounding is a strength as well and that should only get better with time. The biggest question with him as far as skills is his defense. You already have Trae Young and fellow rookie Kevin Huerter two rookies who are poor defenders. You really need a rim protecting C and one more + defender at wing if both Young and Collins stay in the starting lineup long term.

This is a big year both personally and from the teams point of view when it comes to Collins. He currently has 83 potential and is only 21 so many view him as being able to surpass that potential. When this year ends right or wrong the team will have to decide if Collins is the big you build around or if he is a replaceable part.? If you have the chance to draft Zion Williamson does Collins impact that decision ? Can John play C and hold up long term if you bring In another PF?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Yea I cracked up when I saw this had to be on purpose as I believe its spelled different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Kuba Gooding, LOL. Someone in 2K got some jokes.

Glad to have you following along again and when I post moves the make and rumors feel free to say what you would have done. What team did you go with ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Hawks were my second choice for this season, so I am excited to live vicariously through your thread. Goodluck man, really enjoyed your last one.

Thanks for coming back I am excited to finally play my first real game tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Here we go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 PM   #12
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Player Profile - Taurean Prince

The former lottery pick was drafted higher then expected as a 3 & D player. His rookie year he played good defense and didn't offer much on offense. This past year he switched it up with good offense stats and didn't play defense.

He has elite 95 intangibles and 97 shot IQ and will need to continue to improve his 3 point shooting which is currently at 79. He has to get back to being focus as a defender because if Baz is traded he will become the leading wing defender on the team.

His contract is up soon and it might be wise to lock him up to a front loaded deal while you have cap space. He is older then most 3rd year players so at 24 years old he is a long way from being washed up. The time is now for him to take his game to the next level and earn more then 10 million per year on his next contract. What his role is long term with the hawks likely falls in on his defense. If he doesn't improve that then he likely ends up in the 6th man role who can play some small ball 4. If we had to project we think he starts for the next 2 years and then ends up in the super sub bench role. If your coping the Warriors then I guess the plan would be to make him your Andre Iguodala.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #13
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Player Profile - Kevin Huerter

What fans expect and what you usually get from the 19th pick in the draft are usually different. For the 2nd year in a row the Hawks are hoping to pick a player that out performs where he was drafted.

Kevin can flat out shoot the ball some say even better then his teammate Trae Young since he is 6 inches taller and its easier for him to get his shoot off. He is going to get a lot of playing time and should get close to 30 minutes from day 1. The issue with Kevin is defense in his rookie year that's not a worry as long as he is hitting 3's the coaching staff and fans will be happy.

Its hard to imagine where Kevin isn't a useful player if he does nothing else his shooting along will keep him on a roster for a long time. I suppose he was drafted to be the Hawks Klay Thompson which doesn't seem like anything that will come close to happening. We tried to avoid the obvious JJ Redick / Kyle Korver comparisons, but those do give you a ideal of what to expect from him. Since him and Trae Young are both so limited on defense its hard to see them starting alongside each other in the back court on a championship caliber team.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Player Profile -Omari Spellman

Omar was drafted with the 30th pick and drafted higher then most people believed he would. His strength is that he was the best shooting big man in the draft. This means the Hawks have the best shooting guard, wing and big that was in this years draft. Just like all the other rookies he isn't known for his defense a area he will need to improve. He should be able to rebound and block the occasionally shot just isn't going to score much outside of 3's and layups.

Omar likely will never be a starting PF/C in the league even though he could start a lot of games this year if Dedman is traded. He Is another player who will likely see a lot of minutes even if the big rotation is crowded. How much he develops his defense and rebounding will be key for how much playing time he gets long term. His calling card could be his 3 point shoot if he can keep on improving that he could be a useful niche player.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Hawks Embarrassed on Opening Night

The first quarter ended and it was a ugly one for the Hawks shooting only 25% while the Knicks shot 63%. The score at the end of the 1st was 37 to 17 and didn't get any better in the 2nd. When the 3rd ended it was more of the same with a crazy 115 to 68 score. The 4th quarter saw some improvements with each team scoring 22 points.

Trae Young was solid in his debut with 13 points, 7 assist and 3 of 7 from deep. Dedmon showed why he likely ends the year in another uniform as he finished with a double double. Rookie Kevin Huerter was brutal in his debut shooting only 1 of 9. The biggest bright spot was Omar Spellman who had 19 points, 7 rebounds and shot 3 of 6 from deep.

* I forgot to change KP's injury I'll do that going forward

Trae Makes NBA Debut

Omar Spellman Brilliant in Debut
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #16
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Five turnovers, Young must of had trouble adjusting to the NBA pace. The rest of his numbers were great though so maybe we can let the turnovers slide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »