Home

Mayweather-Ortiz Sept 16th

This is a discussion on Mayweather-Ortiz Sept 16th within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Mayweather-Ortiz Sept 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control-X
Ortiz-vs-Mayweather. SMH Just not the fight we all wanted.

Class-C vs. Class-A fighter... Do we still need to ask who will win?

This shouldn't even be a PPV but what the heck...

Prove me wrong but no matter what happens, Floyd still won't fight Manny regardless. End of story.
*sigh* So it's ok for manny to fight a very old marquez but not ok for mayweather to fight a young much bigger fast southpaw? That's pretty hypocritical.

Anyway ortiz could be a warmup for pac.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
You feel sorry for him?

I'm a fan of PBF in the ring, but this was just stupid.

Saying his father was nothing because he was locked up? Well, he must have forgotten that he's pending legal cases for stupidity as well and could face the same fate and predicament that he's putting his own kids in.

This was ignorance personified.

I'm not defending either one of them, but PBF could've handled it more like a man rather than a spoiled rotten kid, referring to himself in the 3rd person. Even Roger was like let it go.
I agree that part shouldve been edited out, but its about ratings and hbo is using floyd as the bad guy vs the good guy in Ortiz... father-son arguments like that are more common then u think, I just wish it didnt happen infront of america... another thing, I dont think floyd is a spoiled rotten kid either he wasnt born in money on a silver spoon... that man has earned everything he has, it aint like he signed an exclusive contract and stop performing like alot of other athletes. He is always working hard to stay on top give him that respect.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Mayweather-Ortiz Sept 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
Anybody watching the fight?
Im definitely watching and cant wait to see how floyd fight against a young, hungry and aggressive fighter like ortiz... I feel like ortiz can bring the best out of floyd because of his aggression and punching power. I see floyd fighting toe to toe at times in this fight. I think floyd is taking ortiz seriously and if he wins he will fight pacman or khan next... oh yea I like Floyd in a decision but I wouldnt be surprised if he stops Ortiz... I said it 1st
Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #84
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
*sigh* So it's ok for manny to fight a very old marquez but not ok for mayweather to fight a young much bigger fast southpaw? That's pretty hypocritical.

No I never said that. What I meant is I do not want that Ortiz-Mayweather fight and that Manny-JMMarquez fight as well. It's a waste of time and strength. You and I know that the people around the world want to see Floyd fight Manny. Not Floyd against an inexperienced Ortiz. Not Manny against an old bag Marquez.

It should be Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather Jr versus Manny "PAC-MAN" Pacquiao!

This is THE FIGHT THAT MUST AND SHOULD HAPPEN AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. THEY'RE NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE THESE TWO BATTLE ALREADY? WHEN THEY'RE PAST THEIR PRIME?

Ortiz is no match for Floyd. Likewise, Dinamita is not a blasting dynamite for Pacquiao anymore. We all know who will come out the winners of these baby fights since it's a no-brainer fight.

I am a great fan of Floyd's game, I even patterned my style with his but his excuses to avoid a Pacquiao fight is just sickening unbearable.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Last edited by Control-X; 09-15-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #85
Pro

Control-X's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFACE03
Could be is all we can say, but to me, no matter what will happen in the future, Floyd will keep trying to avoid Manny in a boxing match. I'm more inclined to believe he'll fight Khan after Ortiz but not Manny Pacquiao. He just won't dare take that man. It is what it is.

Dr. J
1976_Bird 1986_Magic 1987_Chuck 1993_Pip 1994_MJ 1996_GP 1996_Shaq 2000_AI 2001_Kobe 2006

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Mayweather-Ortiz Sept 17th

Since we're only a couple of days away from the fight, I'm going to give my prediction.
I know you've all been waiting to hear what some slob with Wi-fi thinks about a pro boxing match, so here goes!

This is going to be a competitive fight through the first 4-6 rounds.
Mayweather's older, and he's been off for 15 months. Add in Ortiz's youth, exuberance, power and southpaw stance, and I think he's going to give Floyd trouble in the first half of this fight.
We may even see Floyd touch the canvas.

However, in the championship rounds, I expect Floyd to figure Ortiz out and come away with a close, but unanimous decision.
His counter-punching, speed, accuracy and experience will be too much for young Victor.

However, Ortiz will look great in defeat because he'll fight hard and go out on his sheild.
Mayweather's lackluster performance in the first-half of the fight will raise even more questions as to whether he could survive against Manny.

Mayweather UD Ortiz, 115-113.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #87
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Money as always excellent analysis. I tend to agree but I think that Floyd is such a good defensive fighter in the pocket that he will win the first 7-8 rounds and Ortiz will put together some offense as Floyd slows down. Floyd IMO can do what Berto did while not getting hit anywhere near as often.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #88
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Ortiz' aggression and exuberance will cause him to get caught slipping and dropped at least once.

Berto countered him way too often and Berto has power.

PBF's a surgeon. He'll be picking him apart late in the fight.

I think Ortiz will use his strength to bully PBF through the early rounds and will be able to steal a few rounds.

As a PBF fan, this fight worries me. Not that I think he'll lose but I think Sugar Shane popping him isn't forgotten by anybody.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »