Home

Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game for Android/iOS

This is a discussion on Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game for Android/iOS within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19
Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game for Android/iOS

UPDATE:

Prizefighters is now available on Android and iOS!

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/priz...8912?ls=1&mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....prizefighters

Hey OS!

I'm a small developer that's created a couple of basketball games, but for my next title I wanted to create a boxing game inspired by the classic NES title Punch-Out!. It's called Prizefighters and I've been working on it since the beginning of the year and wanted to share some of the gameplay and features.

The controls have been designed so that there are no onscreen buttons. Depending on where you tap or hold on the screen, you can throw up to 8 different punches of varying strengths. Mix a few punches together and create your own combos for increasing damage.

Spoiler

Block your face or body from incoming punches by holding down two fingers.

Spoiler

Dodge by swiping left or right. If you time your dodge successfully, your opponent will become momentarily 'stunned' giving you the opportunity to land a knockout punch! Fail to dodge, however, and that can mean bad news for you.

Spoiler

Punch too often and your player will become fatigued and unable to attack. Stamina management will be key throughout the fight.

Spoiler

If three rounds pass without a knockout, the fight will go to the scorecards where the result will either be a draw, split, or unanimous decision decided by three judges.

Spoiler

There will also be a career mode where you begin at rank #30 and fight your way up against 29 other randomly generated opponents. Along the way are three different champions and by earning all the titles you'll become the undisputed champion.

Spoiler

After fights, you'll gain experience and coins which you can then spend on customization options, rating upgrades, or choose between one of two unique abilities in the skill tree every time you level up.

Spoiler

Other modes include an Arcade mode with modifiable game settings and an online head-to-head mode that will be coming in a later update. Prizefighters will be free to play with a planned release date of December 14th and an open beta coming in the next week or so. If you're interested in testing, PM me your email address as well as preferred device and invitations will be sent out when available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the game so far! I'll be sure to keep any feedback in mind as I continue developing the game.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Last edited by FlyRice; 12-15-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game for Android/iOS

Looks fun. I'll send you my details. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRice

Hey OS!

I'm a small developer that's created a couple of basketball games, but for my next title I wanted to create a boxing game inspired by the classic NES title Punch-Out!. It's called Prizefighters and I've been working on it since the beginning of the year and wanted to share some of the gameplay and features.

The controls have been designed so that there are no onscreen buttons. Depending on where you tap or hold on the screen, you can throw up to 8 different punches of varying strengths. Mix a few punches together and create your own combos for increasing damage.

Spoiler

Block your face or body from incoming punches by holding down two fingers.

Spoiler

Dodge by swiping left or right. If you time your dodge successfully, your opponent will become momentarily 'stunned' giving you the opportunity to land a knockout punch! Fail to dodge, however, and that can mean bad news for you.

Spoiler

Punch too often and your player will become fatigued and unable to attack. Stamina management will be key throughout the fight.

Spoiler

If three rounds pass without a knockout, the fight will go to the scorecards where the result will either be a draw, split, or unanimous decision decided by three judges.

Spoiler

There will also be a career mode where you begin at rank #30 and fight your way up against 29 other randomly generated opponents. Along the way are three different champions and by earning all the titles you'll become the undisputed champion.

Spoiler

After fights, you'll gain experience and coins which you can then spend on customization options, rating upgrades, or choose between one of two unique abilities in the skill tree every time you level up.

Spoiler

Other modes include an Arcade mode with modifiable game settings and an online head-to-head mode that will be coming in a later update. Prizefighters will be free to play with a planned release date of December 14th and an open beta coming in the next week or so. If you're interested in testing, PM me your email address as well as preferred device and invitations will be sent out when available.

Please let me know your thoughts on the game so far! I'll be sure to keep any feedback in mind as I continue developing the game.

Screenshots

Spoiler
Do you have a Twitter so I can share your efforts. I support anything boxing.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #4
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Do you have a Twitter so I can share your efforts. I support anything boxing.
Hey SHAKYR,

My twitter for the game is @KoalityGame. Thanks a lot for sharing! As a small dev, it's hard to be noticed so anything to spread the word is a really big help. Your support is much appreciated!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

This reminds me so much of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for keeping the boxing video game flame lit, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
This reminds me so much of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for keeping the boxing video game flame lit, man.
Of course! I was a huge fan of boxing video games growing up so I've been let down by what's available out there on the market. I'm doing what I can as an indie dev to give boxing fans at least a small and fun arcade game with RPG elements that they can play on the go
Old 12-13-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Prizefighters will be releasing tomorrow! Check out the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne30Y6VGQp4
Old 12-14-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

Prizefighters is now available on Android and iOS!

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/priz...8912?ls=1&mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....prizefighters

Really looking forward to your guys thoughts and impressions. I tried to add more depth into the player progression and career mode than you see in most arcade sports games. I also plan on adding multiplayer support at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »