Home

2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #81
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
Ky Irving dropped IU recently...didn't really explain why, just said it was a "collective family decision".

He also had a UStream chat for about 2 hours on Sunday night, and Duke and Kentucky were the schools he mentioned way more than any other. He also mentioned Texas A&M, Seton Hall, and Georgia Tech, but again it seems as though Duke and Kentucky are way ahead of the rest. He's visiting Duke this weekend and Kentucky during their Midnight Madness event.

Another interesting note was that he said he thinks it's very unlikely he and Brandon Knight would play together, so UK's chances may go down if Knight commits there. Not like they need him with Knight and Bledsoe, though.
Most think he is going to commit to Duke when he visits, I think this weekend, or shortly after. UK is going for one of Knight, Selby or Irving. I would take any of them and be very happy and I think we will get at least one of them. Very doubtful Cal can sell two of them together.

Also Irving's God-Father is Rod Strickland, one of UK's assistant coaches so it is no real surprise that UK is in the mix. He said he won't make a decision until November and will announce on twitter, but I think if he feels right at Duke when he visits he will likely commit sooner. We'll see.

On a side note, if he does not commit to Duke on his visit or right after, and UK is serious about him (I assume they are) then it would probably point toward a UK commit. But again, we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #82
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Most think he is going to commit to Duke when he visits, I think this weekend, or shortly after. UK is going for one of Knight, Selby or Irving. I would take any of them and be very happy and I think we will get at least one of them. Very doubtful Cal can sell two of them together.

Also Irving's God-Father is Rod Strickland, one of UK's assistant coaches so it is no real surprise that UK is in the mix. He said he won't make a decision until November and will announce on twitter, but I think if he feels right at Duke when he visits he will likely commit sooner. We'll see.

On a side note, if he does not commit to Duke on his visit or right after, and UK is serious about him (I assume they are) then it would probably point toward a UK commit. But again, we'll see.
That reminds me, another thing he said is he would commit earlier than that tentative date if he had an extremely good visit to whatever school it may be. Hoping it's Duke this weekend.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 12

Ohio State will mos def have the #1 class for 2010
Old 09-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #84
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Kentucky just landed Stacey Poole.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Josh Selby #4 player in the Nation on Rivals for 2010 named his short list,

Baylor, Kansas, Kentucky, Syracuse, Miami, and Indiana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #86
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

It's down to Michigan and Florida for Casey Prather; sounds like Florida will win in the end.

Trey Zeigler or bust...
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #87
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Some reports that Kyrie Irving is about to pull the trigger for Duke.

No surprise there. Duke has a chance to land Irving, Barnes and Roscoe Smith. I haven't followed Duke's recruiting in...well ever really. But I would imagine that would be one of their best classes in years if they got all 3?

Maybe a Duke fan will help me out on this one.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #88
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Some reports that Kyrie Irving is about to pull the trigger for Duke.

No surprise there. Duke has a chance to land Irving, Barnes and Roscoe Smith. I haven't followed Duke's recruiting in...well ever really. But I would imagine that would be one of their best classes in years if they got all 3?

Maybe a Duke fan will help me out on this one.
All signs indicate Irving was very impressed by his visit..from his Twitter:

"Duke official was great! I enjoyed every single second...everything there fits me and is right for me...you never know what will happen"

A lot of so called insiders are saying it's pretty much a done deal, but I'm not sold until it comes from Kyrie himself.

As far as the others, Barnes I have a good feeling about, but Roscoe seems to be wide open. Even without him, you put Barnes and Irving alongside Hairston and Thornton and that's easily the best class we've had since 2002 when Shelden, J.J., and Dockery came.

As far as 2011 goes, there's also strong rumors that Austin Rivers might decommit from Florida and go to Duke instead. He took an unofficial recently, and from the interview I read, he said he loved it and basically said if he were to decommit, it would be for Duke. The coaches told him where they could see him fitting in, but wouldn't recruit him until he was officially decommitted. That's definitely a situation to look out for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »