Home

2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #9
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnyduns
I really doubt Thomas will transfer from Bishop Luers High School in Fort Wayne. Barring injury he is pretty much a lock to win Indiana's Mr. Basketball next year. Bishop Luers is a favorite to win a 3rd straight 2a state championship which would be only the 3rd school in Indiana high school basketball history to win a state title back to back to back. Then, Thomas has the chance to really put his mark on Indiana high school basketball history by becoming the states all time leading scorer. I see no reason why Thomas would want to transfer to anywhere else.

Thomas is a man among boys on the high school level and is worth all the hype he receives locally in the state. It will be interesting to see how well he performs in college against guys who can matchup with him athletically. But, I imagine he won't have much of a problem translating his game to the college level and is most likely one and done.
You pretty much expanded on what I said... I doubt it'll happen.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Will Barton said he is thinking about committing to UK very soon. Apparently he was about to commit to Gillispie until he got fired and then Antigua (Calipari's assistant) had been recruiting him as well so it is still the place he wants to be.

Scout 5 Star SG #10 overall (just updated today)

Rivals 5 Star SG #24 overall (not updated lately)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Georgetown has a 4-Star Power Foward and Point Guard already. With Hollis Thompson coming in this season as Sf and with Greg Monroe at center if he stays, damn we'll be pretty good.

If we get Josh Smith. thatd be freicken awesome. I saw on scouts he has them on his list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Ray McCallum is in Ann Arbor for an unofficial visit today...

Not getting my hopes up, but him even being on campus shows that there's an interest, which is great. Still gonna take a miracle to land him, though.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Michigan got their first 2010 commitment yesterday from 6'9 wing Evan Smotrycz of New Hampshire. Only other offers were from Northwestern and Oregon State, but he's tall, versatile and can shoot, so he's a typical Beilein recruit. Allegedly was in contact with UNC, Pitt and Syracuse too, but that's dubious to me, and I tend to doubt it.

In a perfect world, Beilein manages to add Moses Morgan and Trey Zeigler, but I have my doubts as to whether he'll get either of them.
Smotrycz is having a great spring on the AAU circuit. I read somewhere that we should not be surprised if he ends up in the top 100 before it it is all said and done.

Moses Morgan is apparently about to drop for Indiana anytime soon. I really don`t have a clue as to who Michigan will finish out with. Maybe Tim Hardaway J.R. and someone like Allen Payne. I would love to finish with Ray McCallum and Trey Zeigler but I won`t get my hopes on that. Casey Prather is a dream also.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
Moses Morgan is apparently about to drop for Indiana anytime soon
According to this article http://www.insidethehall.com/2009/05...gan/#more-2873 Morgan was going to make his decision at the end of this school year but, now he is going with his Dad to make unofficial visits to probably IU, Arizona, Michigan and Marquette.

So, I don't think Michigan is out of it for Morgan yet, especially since just a couple months ago Michigan was seemingly his favorite. Crean and his staff have really started recruiting Morgan hard lately and IU is probably the favorite now though especially with his dad being a former IU basketball player. Still, I'm not going to count Michigan or any other school out of his recruitment just yet and honestly while I think Morgan is probably a solid player I don't really understand why IU needs another guard with only 2 open scholarships left 2010 after the surprise committment of 6'7 guard David Williams who is really a complete unknown 2 star recruit on Scout.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #15

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I still see CJ Leslie going back to NC State. But you never know with this team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #16
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Villanova got a commit from 4* center Markus Kennedy. Jay is finally getting GOOD big dudes to complement the star guards.

So, two commits so far in Kennedy and Montverde, Fl. 4* small forward James Bell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »