Home

2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

Carolina's recruits for 2010 so far........

PosStarsHtWtRRVideoHometown
Reggie BullockSG6-5175- Kinston, NC
Kendall MarshallPG6-3172-Arlington, VA

1st visit for Roy Williams after the title was Harrison Barnes, SF from Ames,IA.

Also looking @ Josh Smith C from Kent, Washington.

On the radar......

SF Roscoe Smith Baltimore
SF Mychal Parker Charlottesville
PF CJ Leslie Raleigh
SF Travis McKee Richmond
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: 2010 Recruiting Discussion Thread

I see Josh Smith staying on the west coast picking either UCLA or Washington.

Brandon Knight will pick Florida.

Harrison Barnes will choose between: Duke, Kansas and UNC.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0luke0o
I see Josh Smith staying on the west coast picking either UCLA or Washington.
I've seen Josh Smith play 3 times and I came back unimpressed. Dude has INCREDIBLE talent, but zero work ethic. He's lazy. That may change in college, but right now he relies and just overpowering and dominating little high schoolers. When he gets to college, he's going to have a rude awakening and will really have to step his game up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to UW for a year and left. Romar followed him around like a groupie when UW had a home game that weekend. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he went UNC.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Michigan got their first 2010 commitment yesterday from 6'9 wing Evan Smotrycz of New Hampshire. Only other offers were from Northwestern and Oregon State, but he's tall, versatile and can shoot, so he's a typical Beilein recruit. Allegedly was in contact with UNC, Pitt and Syracuse too, but that's dubious to me, and I tend to doubt it.

In a perfect world, Beilein manages to add Moses Morgan and Trey Zeigler, but I have my doubts as to whether he'll get either of them.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

DeShaun Thomas has verbally committed to Ohio State, but there are rurs suggesting he might go to IU instead, after he discussed it with Tom Crean.

He's about 6'7, very atheltic. If he scores 33ppg next year(like he did this year), and makes it deep into the tourney he would break Damon Bailey's state scorig record(like 3,150 points)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

There have been rumors about Thomas for a long time, yet nothing ever comes of it. Here's a summary of what most tOSU insiders say: "Indiana fans can continue to dream".

Add in the rumor of him possibly transferring to a Columbus HS for his senior year... but I doubt that will happen.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:57 AM   #7
MVP

dunnyduns's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
Add in the rumor of him possibly transferring to a Columbus HS for his senior year... but I doubt that will happen.
I really doubt Thomas will transfer from Bishop Luers High School in Fort Wayne. Barring injury he is pretty much a lock to win Indiana's Mr. Basketball next year. Bishop Luers is a favorite to win a 3rd straight 2a state championship which would be only the 3rd school in Indiana high school basketball history to win a state title back to back to back. Then, Thomas has the chance to really put his mark on Indiana high school basketball history by becoming the states all time leading scorer. I see no reason why Thomas would want to transfer to anywhere else.

Thomas is a man among boys on the high school level and is worth all the hype he receives locally in the state. It will be interesting to see how well he performs in college against guys who can matchup with him athletically. But, I imagine he won't have much of a problem translating his game to the college level and is most likely one and done.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #8
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
I've seen Josh Smith play 3 times and I came back unimpressed. Dude has INCREDIBLE talent, but zero work ethic. He's lazy. That may change in college, but right now he relies and just overpowering and dominating little high schoolers. When he gets to college, he's going to have a rude awakening and will really have to step his game up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to UW for a year and left. Romar followed him around like a groupie when UW had a home game that weekend. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if he went UNC.

I totally agree with you. I watched him on comcast OnDemand on the local sports section and he seems to be lazy running up and down the court. Don't get me wrong I really want to see him in purple and gold but he really needs to move better if he is going to be a husky since we all know Romar is going to play an uptempo style with guys like Isiah Thomas, Abdul Gaddy & Venoy Overton handling the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »