Home

2015 Recruiting Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Recruiting Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:18 AM   #81
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2015 Recruiting Thread

Nothing new, but I still can't believe Ben Simmons picked LSU. Like, nobody picks LSU over Florida and Kansas lol. He's currently the #1 player in the 2015 class and some are saying he's LSU's best recruit since Shaq.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #82
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Nothing new, but I still can't believe Ben Simmons picked LSU. Like, nobody picks LSU over Florida and Kansas lol. He's currently the #1 player in the 2015 class and some are saying he's LSU's best recruit since Shaq.
He is the godson of one of the assistant coaches that was hired last year, likely in order to get Simmons commitment.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #83
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Louisville lands 6'10" PF Raymond Spalding from Trinity High School here in Louisville. He also had offers from Duke, Indiana, Xavier, Tennessee, and others.

Great pickup for Pitino! Keeping the talent here at home at home.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #84
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

I like Spalding a lot. If this wasn't such a big man heavy class and UK wasn't in good shape with a lot of the top guys, I would have wanted them to go after him. He's a high upside, high motor kid that is going to be a very good player in a couple of years imo.
He didn't have a Duke offer though. Wish Xavier would have landed him, but once he got that Louisville offer it was obvious he was going there.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #85
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I like Spalding a lot. If this wasn't such a big man heavy class and UK wasn't in good shape with a lot of the top guys, I would have wanted them to go after him. He's a high upside, high motor kid that is going to be a very good player in a couple of years imo.
He didn't have a Duke offer though. Wish Xavier would have landed him, but once he got that Louisville offer it was obvious he was going there.
The article I read stated he had an offer from Duke. Either way it doesn't matter, he's here at UofL.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #86
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The article I read stated he had an offer from Duke. Either way it doesn't matter, he's here at UofL.
That's the funny thing about recruiting and coaches. A coach cannot say a recruit's name without them signing and LOI. A recruit can claim a scholarship offer from a school to help them look more attractive. And the coach of said school can't do or say crap about it. Happens a lot.

By the way, that is more of a general statement about recruiting that I find funny. Not insinuating on any level that Spalding did that. I like Spalding and definitely a good pick up for UL.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #87
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
That's the funny thing about recruiting and coaches. A coach cannot say a recruit's name without them signing and LOI. A recruit can claim a scholarship offer from a school to help them look more attractive. And the coach of said school can't do or say crap about it. Happens a lot.

By the way, that is more of a general statement about recruiting that I find funny. Not insinuating on any level that Spalding did that. I like Spalding and definitely a good pick up for UL.
No I totally agree. Like I said I was just relating an article I read about the situation. Just glad he's here.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #88
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Chase Jeter to Duke

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »