Home

Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: A&M to the SEC starting to blow up again on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Then your point failed.

(1) Texas A&M is maroon, not red
(2) Texas A&M and UT are nothing alike

Texas A&M was established before UT, anyway.
(1) Sorry?
(2)Yeah you are. You both think y'all are the greatest team ever. You both always cry for attention. Y'all both wish you were as good as OU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #82
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHog471
(1) Sorry?
(2)Yeah you are. You both think y'all are the greatest team ever.
That is incorrect. Texas A&M thinks we have the greatest traditions ever. We are under no illusions whatsoever that we are the greatest team.

Quote:
Y'all both wish you were as good as OU.
Well duh. Doesn't every team that is not as good as OU wish they were as good as OU? Doesn't Arkansas wish they were as good as OU?
Old 07-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #83
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
That is incorrect. Texas A&M thinks we have the greatest traditions ever. We are under no illusions whatsoever that we are the greatest team.

Well duh. Doesn't every team that is not as good as OU wish they were as good as OU? Doesn't Arkansas wish they were as good as OU?
Hell yeah. But we don't spend our time every year trying to beat them like y'all do. We stopped caring a while ago when we actually went to a conference that wants us.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Hell yeah. But we don't spend our time every year trying to beat them like y'all do. We stopped caring a while ago when we actually went to a conference that wants us.
While I have no dog in your fight with this other poster, I'd like to know what Arkansas caring about OU has to do with moving to the SEC given that OU were never in the Southwest conference? OU and Arkansas only met 3 times since 1926, all three in bowl games.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 8

I love it, Arkansas and A&M fans arguing back and forth...just another reason why A&M to the SEC makes sense!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #86
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I like how it's supposed to be a negative that A&M tries to beat OU every year. Isn't that what the point of football is? If A&M was just like 'screw this', and forfeited to OU every year, would that make it better? Makes no sense.

No dog in the fight, but I've always been under the impression that A&M is on a level above Arkansas. Not gonna go look for stats to back that up, it's just personal impression.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
I like how it's supposed to be a negative that A&M tries to beat OU every year. Isn't that what the point of football is? If A&M was just like 'screw this', and forfeited to OU every year, would that make it better? Makes no sense.

No dog in the fight, but I've always been under the impression that A&M is on a level above Arkansas. Not gonna go look for stats to back that up, it's just personal impression.
Not really. They are about on the same level. Both have 1 national title, A&M has an 18 to 13 edge over Arkansas in conference titles, and a 1 game edge in bowls with 13 wins to 12, but Arkansas has slaughtered them head to head with a 40-24 advantage(excluding ties). I'd say they are about even, but you can favor one over the other depending on your criteria, that's fine.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn

That is football beating an opponent. I'm talking about how they take beating OU to an obsession so they feel adequate. Texas A&M has better overall records against Texas and Oklahoma compared to Arkansas. But when we have played against eeach other 67 times the series goes 40-24-3 in Arkansas favor or (.597). Some of the reasons Texas A&M has beaten Texas and Oklahoma better than Arkansas is 1). They play almost every year so they know the nuances of the teams. 2). We tend to play Oklahoma when they are having great years. You may count these as excuses but I see these as legitimate reasons. Texas A&M should be a consistently better team due to being in Texas and having fertile recruiting grounds.

While I hate Aggie fans I respect most of them over the average OU or Texas Bangwagon fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »