Home

Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows

This is a discussion on Conference Re-Alignment Thread Part Who Knows within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #33
Rookie

ofpveteran73's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A&M to the SEC starting to blow up again on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
So, Iowa State fan...how will you feel if your teams game against Texas is on that stupid Longhorn network? That will really have a fair and "neutral" feel to it commentator wise, conference wise, etc.

A&M absolutely should leave for the SEC. Texas has a monopoly on the Big XII and I'm stunned Oklahoma(the more prestigious and historical program) is taking it like they are.

A&M moving to the SEC would work well for them. They have a rival in Arkansas already in the division they'd be in. Then the SEC could add a 14th team and move to 9 conference games...more money, more awesome matchups, etc. You'd play 6 division, 1 protected rival and 2 other division opponents a year over a 6 year period and then rinse and repeat. I know, cause I'm doing it on NCAA 12 and love the set up.

I'd just have no idea who the SEC would add to put in the East. Then again, they could add another Big XII team like Missouri, but then I have no clue how they'd decide who goes East. That said, I bet none of this happens but its fun to speculate
i think if this happend usf would fit
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
MLB- Chicago Cubs
Soccer- Bayern Munich, Chicago Fire
NT - USA, Germany
Old 07-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #34
Rookie

ofpveteran73's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
That game never happened
lol osu is so screwed
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
MLB- Chicago Cubs
Soccer- Bayern Munich, Chicago Fire
NT - USA, Germany
Old 07-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #35
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid
Texas goes Indy, Kansas and Mizzou go as a package somewhere in my opinion.
I bet the Big East and MWC both nab some teams. I don't think A&M and Oklaoma leaving is likely, but I think it would be good to escape Texas.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #36
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Turns out that TAMU was most ****** about UT's plan to televise games of their high school recruits this fall. That got them up in arms and seriously angry about the LHN.

But that's not happening anymore.

But TAMU was also not happy about the LHN broadcasting a conference game this upcoming season. They said it wasn't fair!

Then the conference said it wasn't happening.

So the reasons why TAMU is so mad... are now gone.

Still, who knows about TAMU, as they seem to do whatever makes UT the angriest rather than what is best for them. Regardless, OU is a whole different animal and even less likely to go anywhere than the rash Aggies.

OU leaving Big 12 a longshot

Moral of the story, no one is going anywhere unless TAMU just wants to send up a big "**** YOU!" to Texas, and even then the Big XII survives with 9 teams.

Last edited by TheGamingChef; 07-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 8

I hope they do. Texas is not as hot as they think they are.

And I never said the MWC was going to get those teams dude...I said it makes more sense for them to go to the MWC geographically than the Big East IMO, as in IN MY OPINION.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #38
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Let's all face it, without the Texas Rivalry, what is Aggy? They're nobodies, no offense to their fans. Them threatening to leave the Big XII is comparable to robbing a bank with a water gun.

@AdamdotH
Old 07-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #39
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Let's all face it, without the Texas Rivalry, what is Aggy? They're nobodies, no offense to their fans. Them threatening to leave the Big XII is comparable to robbing a bank with a water gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertech
http://edwardkhoo.com/robbery-with-a-water-gun/
http://www.chacha.com/question/how-d...th-a-water-gun
http://www.thelocal.de/society/20080229-10427.html
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_...-bank-robbery-
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27426382/detail.html

I agree it's unlikely, I just remembered reading a book on ridiculous robberies and a Water Gun robbery was mentioned
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

Last edited by TDenverFan; 07-21-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #40
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Big 12 Conference commissioner Dan Beebe and Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne had this to say in regards to the Longhorn Network today.

Here is Beebe:

Quote:
The Conference members are committed to working together to address issues in a manner that benefits all members. There are elements of our new television agreement, which take effect in 2012, that need clarification and the members will be working together to develop a process that will work to the benefit of the entire Conference.

Until the members have a chance to consider all the issues and come to conclusion about how the Conference will manage the interplay between the Conference television package and institutional networks, no more than one live football game will be televised on any institutional network and no high school content will be televised on a branded member’s network.
And Byrne:

Quote:
I have continued to have concerns about the Longhorn Network since the original announcement by ESPN and Texas. Since last summer, the Big 12 member institutions have committed to work together in a spirit of unity and equality. Recent news reports concerning this network; however, have created a considerable amount of uncertainty.

We had an agreement in place that Big 12 members would have the right to one non-conference football game and four to six basketball games for third tier, or institutional rights. The concept of the Longhorn Network broadcasting two live football games -- with one of these being a conference game -- had not been discussed among the Big 12 athletic directors.

Our concerns were heightened further when news reports surfaced that the Longhorn Network would be broadcasting high school football games featuring Texas high school recruits, including recruits living outside the state of Texas.

Knowing how restrictive NCAA rules are regarding any collegiate representative contacting prospects, we contacted the NCAA for an interpretation. We are still waiting for the NCAA's response.

I have continued to communicate our concerns to the conference office and my fellow athletic directors. We are pleased that the Commissioner has started to address these concerns, but many questions remain.

These are significant issues for all of collegiate athletics as they relate to broadcast rights, revenue distribution and the recruitment of student-athletes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »