Home

PS3 Stolen....

This is a discussion on PS3 Stolen.... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PS3 Stolen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Feel bad for you GAMECOCK2002. Hope everything gets taken care of/replaced. Moving, if at all possible might be a good idea. Personally since it's not a home that you I own I would try and get at least another apt in the complex at least. Take care. Peace!!!!!
They offered to move us to a different apt. w/in since we are in possibly the worst place to be safety wise. Moving is such a big hassle even if it's a few doors down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #26
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
They offered to move us to a different apt. w/in since we are in possibly the worst place to be safety wise. Moving is such a big hassle even if it's a few doors down.
After all that, it might be best to move still.........you don't want those guys coming back again.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #27
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
After all that, it might be best to move still.........you don't want those guys coming back again.
Yeah, but if it was an inside (the complex) job then they'll know where we moved to by the time everything gets settled. Not sure what we are going to do.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 17

Report it to cops,Before your precious valuables ends up in some pawn shop
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #29
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Well you can look at it as an opportunity to get something better than a Vizio.

The PS3 probably yellow lighted on them and the Wiimote went through the TV screen so they're not having a good time anyway.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #30
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
They normally don't man..They normally could care less... This is a drop in the bucket to them. They would rather be doing nothing.. This morning there was a 1 car accident and the car was aside the road.. There were 5 cop cars there.... WTF for what... Whomever broke into your house probably was in need of quick cash...Whether they sold to a friend or pawnshops... sounds like they took stuff that would sell
Was it an accident...or was it a pursuit in a stolen car where they had to PIT him off the road? You should know since you drove by.

And here's why officers aren't usually enthused about burglaries. My first question is usually this, "please give me all your serial numbers for the stolen property." It's usually followed by a blank stare, which is followed by either a.) repeating my question back to me...or b.) the promise they will be right back...where upon they return 10 minutes later with nothing.

I can't remember one burglary report where a victim actually had a serial number. I can't emphasis this enough...write down numbers! Guns, jewelry, TV's, electronic equipment, computers. Do it now...I'll wait.

OK are you done yet? Now have 2 copies of those numbers, one in a filing cabinet and one on your computer. Thieves usually don't steal filing cabinets.

Patrol cops aren't CSI. We don't take prints, we hardly take pictures, we take reports. Those reports get entered into a computer where upon detective take over. Detectives love those numbers because they have access to Pawn...a statewide database. Every pawned item is recorded, every pawn transaction per state law (at least here) has to have someone with a valid D.L. and if it's recent enough there is usual video. Detectives also love these numbers when search warrants are executed and you come across Tweaker City, or Best Tweaker Buy...where the whole house is filled with electronic stuff. Why...because every piece is logged, and every piece is run through the stolen item property system.

As much as I'd like to catch the guy (or do nothing as some think) I really can't. The bad guy is usually long gone by the time we get there. You though can catch him by writing down your serial numbers. It might be a day, it might be a month, it might be a year...but more than likely unless it's been melted or taken apart it will turn up somewhere.

And I am sorry for what happened. I've been there...and it's a crappy feeling to say the least.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #31
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

I've pretty much given up any hope of the police catching anyone. It took 2 1/2 hours at the police station for someone to add my items to the official police report. The serial number for the wii was included. I have the serial number for the PS3 but not gonna sit there another 2 hrs just for it to get added and forgotten about.

Turned in the paperwork with the insurance company today...hoping I get enough to replace my tv and ps3 ($500 deductible). i guess can probably live without the wii and blu rays. i suggest everyone that's renting get renter's insurance--the replacement costs plan.

Just sucks to have someone steal stuff you worked hard for.

No clue how the officer that filed the initial report was. But I can tell you the one they sent the next day to talk to me sucked. Started off with an attitude and was basically asking me questions as if i was the suspect. Why didn't your roommate report a missing tv, ps3, etc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #32
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Well you can look at it as an opportunity to get something better than a Vizio.

The PS3 probably yellow lighted on them and the Wiimote went through the TV screen so they're not having a good time anyway.
Just because you've had some bad experiences, that doesn't mean all PS3's break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »