Home

PS3 Stolen....

This is a discussion on PS3 Stolen.... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PS3 Stolen....

A few days later I realized that the thief left the power cord to the HDTV and broke the input for the antenna in a effort to move quickly. Got lucky that my surround sound equipment was left alone.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
I've pretty much given up any hope of the police catching anyone. It took 2 1/2 hours at the police station for someone to add my items to the official police report. The serial number for the wii was included. I have the serial number for the PS3 but not gonna sit there another 2 hrs just for it to get added and forgotten about.

Turned in the paperwork with the insurance company today...hoping I get enough to replace my tv and ps3 ($500 deductible). i guess can probably live without the wii and blu rays. i suggest everyone that's renting get renter's insurance--the replacement costs plan.

Just sucks to have someone steal stuff you worked hard for.

No clue how the officer that filed the initial report was. But I can tell you the one they sent the next day to talk to me sucked. Started off with an attitude and was basically asking me questions as if i was the suspect. Why didn't your roommate report a missing tv, ps3, etc?
He's doing his job. You and your roomate should be ruled out in case of fraud...its an easy scam that does happen sometime.

How would you expect them to catch them? They have no leads, you have no serial numbers?? maybe you do you never had said this. Having stuff stolen blows....but finding the guy is a needle in a haystack.

Knock up to a crappy blow in life and get out of that neighborhood if you can!!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #35
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
He's doing his job. You and your roomate should be ruled out in case of fraud...its an easy scam that does happen sometime.

How would you expect them to catch them? They have no leads, you have no serial numbers?? maybe you do you never had said this. Having stuff stolen blows....but finding the guy is a needle in a haystack.

Knock up to a crappy blow in life and get out of that neighborhood if you can!!
I said I gave them the serial number to the wii. Also said I wasn't wasting time giving them the serial number to the ps3.

You are right though...chalking it up to bad luck and moving on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #36
MVP

Quote:
I said I gave them the serial number to the wii. Also said I wasn't wasting time giving them the serial number to the ps3.

You are right though...chalking it up to bad luck and moving on.
If you have the serial number, why wouldn't you give it to them? Doesn't seem like a waste of time to me.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk880
If you have the serial number, why wouldn't you give it to them? Doesn't seem like a waste of time to me.
It would prevent if your stuff was ever recovered or found in a pawn shop to be returned to you....but I guess you don't want that chance?

Don't blame the cops for your misfortune. Someone made a great post about the reason for serial numbers to be taken....it sound like hes involved in law enforcement and id take his advice especially if you have the numbers for some items. It never hurts.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #38
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Found out last night while I was out of town, my apartment was burglarized. After going to see the damage I was missing: PS3 + controllers, cables, Wii + controllers, cables, 5 wii games including Mariokart , my 32 inch Vizio HDTV from my bedroom, and 25-30 blu rays.

Sucks having stuff stolen from you.
Don't know if this has been suggested already, but if you still have the boxes for the 2 systems you should go to a gamestop, tell them what happened and give them the serial number for each system. That way if one if someone tries to sell it at one of their stores they will be able to catch them.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #39
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
It would prevent if your stuff was ever recovered or found in a pawn shop to be returned to you....but I guess you don't want that chance?

Don't blame the cops for your misfortune. Someone made a great post about the reason for serial numbers to be taken....it sound like hes involved in law enforcement and id take his advice especially if you have the numbers for some items. It never hurts.
To add something else. It is a common misconception that the cops will go hunting this guy down and try to get your stuff back. I mean they do what they can, but the fact is there is just to much other stuff they have to do. If you want to help them help you, give them the PS3 serial number, and spread the serials around to the local game stores. Don't expect the police dept to put Goran and Eames on the case lol.

Thank you!! I know its a very touch situation, and its easy to lay blame. The cops are just trying to help. Like someone else said, they have to cover all bases. Its just their job.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-10-2009 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #40
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

I'm not blaming anyone other than whoever stole the stuff. Simply saying I didn't like the attitude of the cop (female actually) that came by to "help". I may or may not take the 2nd serial number. Based on what I saw sitting at the police station for 2 1/2 hours, I don't have much faith that anything will get done.

Any police involvement is depending on the thief trying to sell the systems and forgetting to remove the serial numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »