Home

Failure rate of 54.2 percent, WOW....

This is a discussion on Failure rate of 54.2 percent, WOW.... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #17
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Failure rate of 54.2 percent, WOW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
At the same time, if there's no money out of your pocket to fix them, who cares? Know what I mean? That's always been my view. I'm on #4, play it just about daily, and if it dies, I've never had to put money back into it to get it repaired.

I stopped worrying about the RROD a long time ago, and just enjoy gaming now.
Well the frustration factor. To me, at this point I just live with it as I can exchange it on the spot.

For others that don't get warranties the waiting game sucks. If I could not get it switched on the spot, don't know if I would want to play the waiting game of waiting two weeks or so.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Well the frustration factor. To me, at this point I just live with it as I can exchange it on the spot.

For others that don't get warranties the waiting game sucks. If I could not get it switched on the spot, don't know if I would want to play the waiting game of waiting two weeks or so.
Yeah, that's probably helped me as well since I've just swapped out every "death" LOL

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
At the same time, if there's no money out of your pocket to fix them, who cares? Know what I mean? That's always been my view. I'm on #4, play it just about daily, and if it dies, I've never had to put money back into it to get it repaired.

I stopped worrying about the RROD a long time ago, and just enjoy gaming now.
Quote:

That is my problem, waiting would drive me nuts to only get back a refurb that could have more problems. This generation's hardware has been bad all around. Just like when we all thought the PS3 was built like a tank, all these YLOD issues arise and now the 60GB consoles are starting to kick the bucket.

Where are you guys getting warranties from that allow to exchange on the spot? I thought places like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target started sending them out.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
That is my problem, waiting would drive me nuts to only get back a refurb that could have more problems. This generation's hardware has been bad all around. Just like when we all thought the PS3 was built like a tank, all these YLOD issues arise and now the 60GB consoles are starting to kick the bucket.

Where are you guys getting warranties from that allow to exchange on the spot? I thought places like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target started sending them out.
Sam's Club!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8

Sam's Club. It's free as long as you're still a active member.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

My first one gave up on me a month ago after being sent in last year. So, I just bought an Arcade.

I don't care what anyone says...the PS2 was a total pain in the ***. WAY worse than the 360. I went through four of them within a 2 year span. Ridiculous. I bought the Xbox in '02 and I was done with the PS2. That Xbox is still sitting here after 7 years, could get ran over by a steamroller, still work and make me dinner at the same time.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Sam's Club!
Quote:
Sam's Club. It's free as long as you're still a active member.
Thanks guys, nice to know for the future.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #24
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I have 2 360's in my house, one is a launch 360(yes, it still works fine) and the other has been replaced once due to an dead ethernet port.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »