Home

So what are your gaming pet peeves/rules.

This is a discussion on So what are your gaming pet peeves/rules. within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
So what are your gaming pet peeves/rules.

Just a random thought I had, so I decided to start this thread.

Shall I begin?

1. Every now and then I'll play an RPG on a weekday. Those types of games are relegated to the weekends for me. I absolutely must have the day off AND not have to work the next day.

Sometimes this even applies to my sports gaming.

2. I NEVER eat and play at the same time. On the very rare occasions that I do, I keep paper towels and a bottle or cup of rubbing alcohol to ensure my controllers dont get filthy. I cant stand crusty greasy controllers lol. I will go nuts.

3. Besides boxing, I rarely if ever play a sports game online. I'm geeked out on my sports titles. I have my own little world going on and I WILL NOT let another person ruin my world.

4. I'm an equipment fiend going waay back to electric football. In Madden, my LBs, DL, RBs, etc MUST look the part. No LBs with RB bull facemasks, no players shall wear that ugly revolution full cage mask that sticks out entirely too far. If I miss a player (which is rare) and I see him in game with the wrong look, it messes up immersion and I will quit the game and fix him. Ion schutt please, with appropriate facemasks combos please. I need that in Madden/NCAA 12.

Back in the day with my electric football players, we used to use model paint, clay, and sewing needles to put the correct cages and gloves, etc on our players. The clay was for different size players (then repaint over it)

5. Odd quirk I have. Dont bust my balls for this lol. I know many of us played highschool sports. Well I dabbled in football. Wasn't bad if I may say so myself. I played HB and CB. I honestly didn't notice this at first until my wife pointed it out.

When I'm playing NCAA/Madden, I'm always standing in front of the T.V. in my CB stance (crouched at the knees) and talking like I'm really on the field lol. I use the no switch rule, so if the play goes to the other side of the field I'm all "get his ***" , "yea come ya *** over this way and see what happens" "crunch time baby" lol. I'm serious about my Madden/NCAA.

I think thats it. What about you?

Last edited by TheCreep; 02-08-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: So what are your gaming pet peeves/rules.

Don't forfeit because you're losing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

People who say you must use a mic to be a team player.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

OVR: 4

Don't deal with glitchers online. Only looking for fair play online. I'll take a hit on my Live rep and bail if someone tries to cheese/glitch a game to death. Not cool, for real.

And no pizza when gaming...nothing worse than a greasy controller.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

People who hate on the devs and call them lazy and they could do nowhere as good as the devs are doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

-No animals in the room while I am playing. I have 2 cats that feel the need to start screwing with **** when I am playing.

-Wife needs to go away too, lol. She feels the need to start these conversations right when things are getting intense.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm really OCD about cleaning the crevice where the two halves of a controller meet, I'm constantly running a fingernail or toothpick around there to get the gunk out.

A pet peeve that I really hate, but can't do anything about, is long, unskippable company credit movies along with load screens for main menus. Irritates me to no end, I just want to get to the game.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
When I'm playing NCAA/Madden, I'm always standing in front of the T.V. in my CB stance (crouched at the knees) and talking like I'm really on the field lol. I use the no switch rule, so if the play goes to the other side of the field I'm all "get his ***" , "yea come ya *** over this way and see what happens" "crunch time baby" lol. I'm serious about my Madden/NCAA.
I wish you hadn't asked us not to "bust your balls".
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »