Home

PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

This is a discussion on PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #25
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: PSBlog: DIRECTV and PlayStation Bring NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3

I don't find NFL Sunday Ticket as appealing anymore with the RedZone channel. Now that I have that on my provider and on my iPhone, it's really pointless for me to have Sunday Ticket. That being said, I'm also in the market where my favorite team plays, so that also is a factor.

Glad to see more companies rolling stuff out like this to consoles though.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #26
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Being in Europe I get this package (https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secur...07=Search&008=) which also archives every game so I can catch it later in the week.

Unbeatable really.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
This is Sony's chance to takeover.

Price Drop,NFL season starting(League pass),Madden releasing.

Advertise a package

160GB PS3 2 controllers,HDMI,Madden,Direct(Already subscribed)-$349.99
Not subscribed $599.99
Take over what?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I think this is awesome. Finally people who don't want to switch to Directv or not able to can get NFL Sunday Ticket. If the price wasn't so steep - I know it's the same as a Directv customer - I would be all over this.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

No thanks. The price is ridiculous! I'm not going to pay that much for an "extra" and then feel like a slave to it.

Last edited by gopadres; 08-18-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #30
Rookie

sox73b3's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow, didn't realize how expensive this was.

I wish they would offer just NFL Red Zone at a reduced rate, I would definitely like that on my PS3.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Why exactly would someone with DirecTV pay an extra $50 for an app on their ps3? Are there really that many people out there who hook up their consoles to tv's without access to cable/satellite?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why exactly would someone with DirecTV pay an extra $50 for an app on their ps3? Are there really that many people out there who hook up their consoles to tv's without access to cable/satellite?
Well, there are a few reasons why I would do it:

1) I don't have DirecTV. It is my understanding that NFL Sunday Ticket is $340, whether or not you are a DirecTV subscriber (and that this does not grant you access to DirecTV just because you paid for Sunday Ticket). I would love to have it, but we have Comcast and use the triple package with our phone and internet services as well. DirecTV looks like a huge win for our family otherwise (1080p programs, higher capable DVR functionality plus more storage space, and an insane level of sports packages to choose from).

2) I travel a lot. I couldn't take my satellite dish everywhere that I go, but I can and do take my PS3 with me around wherever I travel. This will allow me to watch it on the road, if I'm gone on Sundays.

3) On a similar note, I don't have a set-top-box in every room in my house that has a television, most notably my own room. Unless satellite is different than cable, no wiring in this house would allow this to be run to my room with ease, unless we busted a hole through the wall in the middle of the piping in my house, as my room's location (as well as where the TV is) isn't easily accessible to getting wiring through the outside and into it. Even if the box doesn't need that kind of wiring with a satellite, I don't know if we're going to be paying for a third box in the household anyway. If people are watching TV downstairs and I can't watch football, I'd love to get it up in my room however possible.

4) If they archived games with the PS3 service, this would be another plus if I can't watch the game live. I do this with MLB.TV all the time. It's a difficult hassle to avoid hearing about the scores of the games you want to watch at all costs, but if you're able to get through the day without being notified, this is a nice alternative option to just watching the highlights at the end of the day.

Now, if you're just questioning why on earth they're charging $50 extra for the PS3 service, I'm absolutely clueless. It befuddles and berates me to see that I would consider taking a swing at this some year, but yet I face another setback with this asinine charge for a standard application.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-19-2011 at 01:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »