Home

Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

This is a discussion on Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

Recently, I've been adding to my game system collection, and was curious if there's other guys on OS that are collecting for a certain system and/or playing games on a specific retro console/handheld.

Right now, I'm all about the GBA. Snagged the coveted 101 model with the extra backlit screen and the handheld is in near-mint condition (no scratches on screen or shell, charger plug-in is a little dirty). For $50, I was happy to pick it up as eBay and Amazon are selling poor quality 101's for more than that.

I've picked up Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, The of Legend of Zelda The Minish Cap, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Super Mario Bros. 3 in the last week. Also have picked up Fire Pro Wrestling, Super Mario Advance 2-3, Donkey Kong Country and The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past. Zero Mission and Minish Cap were a little pricey, but all others were under $20.

Drill Dozer
Advance Wars
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Castlevania Dual Pack

Those are the next games on my list to acquire.

Looking at getting into the GameCube next. Only sparingly played the system as I was PS2-obsessed then, but there are a lot of games I'd like to check out. The system is pretty cheap and outside of 5-6 games, most can be had for $10 or less.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Retro Console/Game Collecting Thread

How did I not see any Pokemon games on that list? Also I still need to get Goldeneye 007 for the N64.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How did I not see any Pokemon games on that list? Also I still need to get Goldeneye 007 for the N64.
Never got into Pokemon.

Goldeneye was so much fun in high school/college. Played that game all the time.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Never got into Pokemon.

Goldeneye was so much fun in high school/college. Played that game all the time.
Yea I love Pokemon. I think I have owned nearly everyone at one point or another, including the news ones (I'm in my 20's now LOL.) I think the first or second console I got was the Special Pokemon Gameboy Color that. And I got the remake to Goldeneye 007 for the PS3 so I can use that to hold me over for now.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I quasi collect. I have collected by keeping all my systems and games over the years. Which kills me about downloading games, I love the convenience but hate that I won't be able to look back and hold the game like, Astrosmash for Intellivision, and say, man, this was a great game! Different topic different thread.

For systems I have:
Intellivision
Intellivision II
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Nintendo
Master System Adapter for Genesis to play
Super Nintendo
Genesis
N64
PS1
GameCube
PS2
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Tons and tons of games with too. Before I moved I used to have them all hooked up with switchers to play on the tv. Also had a coax adapter to hook up INtellivision I and II and Atari. But never hooked them back up.

This thread just got me thinking I'm going to do that and maybe start picking up a collectible game a month or so to add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 06:41 PM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I quasi collect. I have collected by keeping all my systems and games over the years. Which kills me about downloading games, I love the convenience but hate that I won't be able to look back and hold the game like, Astrosmash for Intellivision, and say, man, this was a great game! Different topic different thread.

For systems I have:
Intellivision
Intellivision II
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Nintendo
Master System Adapter for Genesis to play
Super Nintendo
Genesis
N64
PS1
GameCube
PS2
Dreamcast
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One

Tons and tons of games with too. Before I moved I used to have them all hooked up with switchers to play on the tv. Also had a coax adapter to hook up INtellivision I and II and Atari. But never hooked them back up.

This thread just got me thinking I'm going to do that and maybe start picking up a collectible game a month or so to add.

Never heard of those first 2 games and I am not sure what the difference is between 2600 and 7800 when it comes to Atari. I thought there was only 1 type of Atari.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Never heard of those first 2 games and I am not sure what the difference is between 2600 and 7800 when it comes to Atari. I thought there was only 1 type of Atari.
Here is the Intellivision info, the controller looked like a telephone keypad and every game had an overlay that slid in. This is Astrosmash.

Atari also had a 5200. 2600 was the first and the 7800 was 8 bit like Nintendo but no where near the specs Nes had. I don't know anyone that had the 5200.

I wish the kids these days had to go back and play our old crap. But, it was amazing at the time!

Atari 2600 I have, not wooden front
Spoiler

Atari 2600, wooden front, don't have......yet
Spoiler

Atari 5200, I do not have.........yet
Spoiler

Atari 7800
Spoiler

Intellivision
Spoiler

Intellivision II
Spoiler

Intellivision Astrosmash!! My favorite, along with Night Stalker
Spoiler

Night Stalker Intellivision
Spoiler
Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #8
Rookie

RNunez187's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm looking to purchase a Dreamcast again. The one system I regret getting rid of

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »