Home

I'm over it.

This is a discussion on I'm over it. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm over it.

So I've had a bit of a losing streak... 8 games in a row. Anyways, I was just playing a game, and my opponent brought in his relievers after one batter- and no, it wasn't his DD created guy. He used a different reliever every inning. No big deal, I was able to score 3 runs- which for me recently is a lot lol.

So the game goes into the 14th inning, tied 3-3. Since he used all of his pitchers, he had his final guy at almost 100 pitches by the 14th. I started off the inning with a walk then a 2 run home run. Bam! I'm excited, I might win for the first time in days!!!

And then... he requested a friendly quit... um, no thanks. If it was ta tie game, I would have done it because we were playing for 90 minutes and I understand if you have something to do. Then he started purposely missing pop-ups, ground outs, etc.

He kept doing these things until finally it blue-screened and I got the loss. This isn't right. I understand that bugs and glitches happen, but this ain't right. It's BS that a user can completely knowingly glitch a game to that point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Re: I'm over it.

How does missing pop ups glitch the game ?
Old 04-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

And this is why I've decided to not play randoms online. It's one thing losing 12-14 minutes of your life to a FIFA cheeser, it's entirely another to lose 90 in this game.

It's a shame too. After reading A&S's blog, I really wanted to give online a go this year. But as of now I'm hearing way too many horror stories.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeythebigboss
How does missing pop ups glitch the game ?
I'm not quite sure, but when I deny him a friendly quit right after I hit a go ahead home run and then he purposely starts not making catches and running around in the outfield in circles purposely to keep the play going for 2-3 minutes... And then suddenly it blue screens and he gets the win? There's something shady about that.

It would be one thing if he was trying to get me out and it blue screened, but I have a very strong feeling that he was trying to bug the game out somehow. I was only up 2 runs and he was the home team.. He could have tied the game up, but instead purposely ran in circles with his center fielder so he wouldn't have to catch the ball. If he wanted the game out over he wouldn't have done that- he would have quit/conceded or just got me out
Old 04-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Rookie

DarkArrow's Arena

this is going to appear sarcastic but it isn't: you don't seem to be over it as you suggest.

And in fact the best solution is to get over it.
There will always be douches in online sports gaming, it's part of it.
You can't change attitudes sometimes all you can do is just move on.

I don't think that player was exercising any sort of glitch, he was just being a moron, because you refused the FQ.
My guess is what happened after is coincidental and benefited him in the end, just dumb "luck".
In any case, get over it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
And this is why I've decided to not play randoms online. It's one thing losing 12-14 minutes of your life to a FIFA cheeser, it's entirely another to lose 90 in this game.

It's a shame too. After reading A&S's blog, I really wanted to give online a go this year. But as of now I'm hearing way too many horror stories.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear. These opponents are rare.

I've played about 20 games now and all my opponents have been nothing but class. Messaging each other good game after each match and all that good stuff.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArrow
this is going to appear sarcastic but it isn't: you don't seem to be over it as you suggest.

And in fact the best solution is to get over it.
There will always be douches in online sports gaming, it's part of it.
You can't change attitudes sometimes all you can do is just move on.

I don't think that player was exercising any sort of glitch, he was just being a moron, because you refused the FQ.
My guess is what happened after is coincidental and benefited him in the end, just dumb "luck".
In any case, get over it
Could be just bad luck, but who knows. Either way, I actually am (somewhat) over it. I'll be taking a break from head to head, and instead just play the CPU for a while.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Joeythebigboss's Arena

Icon12 Re: I'm over it.

Yeah like anything in life you gotta take the good with the bad just injoy the game. Cheers mate

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »