Home

Unstoppable pick off move glitch/exploit

This is a discussion on Unstoppable pick off move glitch/exploit within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unstoppable pick off move glitch/exploit

Quite frustrating. Don't want it to spread so I wont talk about it but it has potential to really ruin games unless it is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: Unstoppable pick off move glitch/exploit

If you are talking about what I am thinking about than stop taking an extra step. It may not have been intended, but it helps to manage the running game a ton. Stealing this year is just way to easy. Bases are easily stolen without an extra step. If people can get that extra step than you wouldn't be able to throw out fast runners ever. Even Hamilton get's caught once in a while. With an extra step I don't know if he could ever be thrown out unless you pitch out and slide step.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have found out fast online you must manage the base runners diligently. Use the dummy move (double tap the base icon for a casual throw) a lot to keep them honest. If you don't you will be run on all day even with your 99 created catcher.

Top base thieves getting just one extra step are virtually unstoppable even with a slide step and pitch out.

So the cat and mouse game is played out really well if you manage it. I picked off a few guys this morning. Felt great.

Good luck!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If you are talking about what I am thinking about than stop taking an extra step. It may not have been intended, but it helps to manage the running game a ton. Stealing this year is just way to easy. Bases are easily stolen without an extra step. If people can get that extra step than you wouldn't be able to throw out fast runners ever. Even Hamilton get's caught once in a while. With an extra step I don't know if he could ever be thrown out unless you pitch out and slide step.
Yea you simply cannot lead off if someone knows this exploit. My team only has 2-3 sure thing base stealers so using a lead helps in a lot of cases.

The worst part is knowing I could pick someone off with ease but not wanting to because it is a cheap move.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmericanBA
Yea you simply cannot lead off if someone knows this exploit. My team only has 2-3 sure thing base stealers so using a lead helps in a lot of cases.

The worst part is knowing I could pick someone off with ease but not wanting to because it is a cheap move.
To be frank, taking the extra step this year is the cheap move. Base stealers are almost unstoppable if they get the extra step. Everyone knows stealing is overpowered this year. You don't need the extra step to steal bases this year. The devs upped the speed on the higher rated players so a 99 runner is faster this year. This also makes it easier to abuse animations which people do. How often do you see a runner score from 2nd on a sac fly? I try not to abuse stealing and use them more for hit and runs and stuff. Just tapping L2 and getting an almost guaranteed steal isn't that fun.

The pickoff also doesn't work with every first baseman. You might have noticed as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2015, 02:32 AM   #6
Rookie

clemson99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmericanBA
Quite frustrating. Don't want it to spread so I wont talk about it but it has potential to really ruin games unless it is fixed.
This it ? Had a slow runner reach on a walk or hbp before this and he keep trying this pick off . He would always trigger the intentional walk before throwing over and I had no idea what he was doing . So when I got somebody with speed on I wanted to see what would happen if I took an extra step and this is what happened . The steal was not on
Old 05-07-2015, 04:29 AM   #7
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Yes that is one of them. Had it done several times on me. I've only had it used against me in key spots though.

I'd delete your post and/or video though as that could give people the wrong idea although cheesers have already started to use this. Freezing got fixed so now they have to move onto other methods.

The other method is more simple and is just a normal pickoff, but when runners take an extra step, even very highly rated ones, there is a high chance they can be picked off first. This one I feel isn't a glitch, but oddly it works at a higher rate with left handed first baseman so it may be unintentional by the devs.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:12 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 55

Wow. What a load of BS. The lengths that cheesers will go to in order to win at all costs is astounding. MUT got old once they released a Michael Vick card with 99 speed and 99 throwing power since all the stupid kids did online was scramble with him to the sidelines 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage until coverage broke down and they fired a bullet pass off their back foot to a wide open receiver for a 20-30 yard gain. Rinse and repeat. I was hoping those types (you've seen them, kids that wear their ballcaps with the bill as flat as a pancake with the stupid stickers still on them... they're usually from the suburbs) would be fewer and far between in baseball but sadly I was mistaken.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »