Home

High inside fastball

This is a discussion on High inside fastball within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: High inside fastball

Hmm, I assumed people who couldn't hit it were using directional or keeping pci in the center or low, which i still assume, the same people who can't hit it foul off pitches in the dirt, what does that tell ya? They just keep there pci low. It's basic strategy to throw high n fast to setup down n slow. And to jam a power hitter, if somebody is late on a low fastball on the outside he might still be able to power it out of opposite field but he'll never be able to high on the inside if he's late.

I personally think the off speed pitches are overpowered and overthrown so much that people are waiting on em and reacting to fastballs, when they should be waiting fastball and reacting to offspeed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #26
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
the R2+right stick influence has been in the game for a while and if they didn't change how zone worked it should still be in the game.

It was in the manual for MLB 14, but maybe they removed the ability from zone this year. They dont tend to remove control options, but who knows. This control information is not in the MLB 15 manual.

I honestly don't feel the need to use the swing influence anymore as I can get my PCI in the right location more often than not, but in years past I did find it helped with high fastballs when I couldn't get up there.

MLB 14 manual batting controls
I'll see if I can find the source but I read that it wasn't really ever functioning - even when your controller buzzed when you set it up. Yeah was in the manual but it still wasn't functioning from what I read.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:54 PM   #27
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefpot
Hmm, I assumed people who couldn't hit it were using directional or keeping pci in the center or low, which i still assume, the same people who can't hit it foul off pitches in the dirt, what does that tell ya? They just keep there pci low. It's basic strategy to throw high n fast to setup down n slow. And to jam a power hitter, if somebody is late on a low fastball on the outside he might still be able to power it out of opposite field but he'll never be able to high on the inside if he's late.

I personally think the off speed pitches are overpowered and overthrown so much that people are waiting on em and reacting to fastballs, when they should be waiting fastball and reacting to offspeed.
I've started keeping my PCI high and inside exclusively until they prove that they are willing to throw something else. still can't hit the high inside fastball. yeah, I might get a hit or two every blue moon maybe a HR but I literally have to swing as the ball is leaving the pitchers hand, there is absolutely no time at all to even see if it's going to be a strike or not.

the few times that I do hit this pitch it's not because I read it, it's because they were stupid enough to keep throwing it consecutively until I get lucky.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #28
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
I've started keeping my PCI high and inside exclusively until they prove that they are willing to throw something else. still can't hit the high inside fastball. yeah, I might get a hit or two every blue moon maybe a HR but I literally have to swing as the ball is leaving the pitchers hand, there is absolutely no time at all to even see if it's going to be a strike or not.

the few times that I do hit this pitch it's not because I read it, it's because they were stupid enough to keep throwing it consecutively until I get lucky.
This is pretty much the same for me. I always set my PCI up high, I try to anticipate it every time, but like 90% it comes I'm late. It's so frustrating sometimes.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #29
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
I'll see if I can find the source but I read that it wasn't really ever functioning - even when your controller buzzed when you set it up. Yeah was in the manual but it still wasn't functioning from what I read.
I remember people talking about if it ever did anything and I though that people determined it did do something.

For instance someone hit down every time and notice more groundballs. I wonder if it was dismissed as placebo effect though. Maybe it doesn't do anything, I don't know if I've ever used it this year to be honest.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:25 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:

If you are having to start that early a lot of that can be to do with lag input on your TV. I got a new Sony gaming TV last year during 14 and it made a world of difference. Make sure your TV is set up for game mode not vivid if it has that. Can help a good bit

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 PM   #31
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VowedVengeance
If you are having to start that early a lot of that can be to do with lag input on your TV. I got a new Sony gaming TV last year during 14 and it made a world of difference. Make sure your TV is set up for game mode not vivid if it has that. Can help a good bit

My TV doesn't have a game mode, the only video settings are Dynamic, Standard, Movie, and (custom) User. I don't feel like it's a problem in any other game I play, maybe I'm wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 11:50 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
My TV doesn't have a game mode, the only video settings are Dynamic, Standard, Movie, and (custom) User. I don't feel like it's a problem in any other game I play, maybe I'm wrong though.
As somebody who used to be in a ton of gaming leagues you will notice input lag when you look for it. MLB is probably the most reactionary and timing sports game so you can see it. Other games like FPS if you could have sworn you had the guy first and keep dying its the delay on your input that can make the difference.

A average TV over 32 inches carries and 50 to 60 ms delay. Gaming modes reduce that by half typically. My gaming TV is 18ms and most gaming monitors which of the top guys like VTGUEST uses and I'm sure CB use give you 5ms response which is huge advantage in reaction time. This is why some of those guys can just rake with ease because they can diagnose the pitch and react rather than just react.

Playing on a slow TV is like a MLB hitter blinking as soon as the pitch leaves the hand. You're guessing rather than watching and adapting.

After talking with Sony my input lag changed from 18 to 25, which isn't much but it's killing me to get adjusted

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »