Home

High inside fastball

This is a discussion on High inside fastball within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #33
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: High inside fastball

so basically you're saying i'm stupid for buying this 46 inch RCA a few years back for gaming. cool, cool.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:11 AM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biizz713
so basically you're saying i'm stupid for buying this 46 inch RCA a few years back for gaming. cool, cool.
Not stupid, just unlucky when it comes to reaction gaming like MLB

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Gaming mode is typically just a setting where the TV disables most/all post processing. So if you can turn off all the other settings in standard mode if may also help with input lag even if your TV doesn't have "gaming mode". But everyone has the issue with input lag if you have a large (relative) TV. I know a lot of people who are serious about The Show buy monitors, not far off from how other competitive gamers purchase them for other console games. It's a trade off. Do you want a bigger TV that sometimes look a lot better than an affordable low input lab monitor? Well than you'll have to deal with a frame or two of input lag in most cases. Some large TVs have great input lag, but sadly most don't and at this point in my life I'm ok compensating (swinging earlier) instead of buying a gaming monitor/TV.

It is noticeable though. I often will hook my PS4 up to my monitor if my girlfriend is using the TV. It takes me a bit to adjust again as I have to swing a tiny bit later than usual since it has less than a frame of input lag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #36
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

You guys have me worried that my tv is holding me back now. I searched through my settings and I don't have anything for a game mode. Is there anything I can do about it? Also when you talk about monitor, do you mean regular desktop monitors?
Old 06-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
You guys have me worried that my tv is holding me back now. I searched through my settings and I don't have anything for a game mode. Is there anything I can do about it? Also when you talk about monitor, do you mean regular desktop monitors?

I think the monitors they're referring to are kinda like ones that you'd see connected to a Mac or pc to make it dual screen.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #38
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb_270
I think the monitors they're referring to are kinda like ones that you'd see connected to a Mac or pc to make it dual screen.
Yeah I know nothing about that kind of stuff. I might have to look into that stuff.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:23 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Yeah I know nothing about that kind of stuff. I might have to look into that stuff.
What I'd say is to try one out at best buy, you get 14 days and can bring it back. 24 inch gaming monitors on sale can be 150 to 199. If you see a major increase it's something that maybe worth investing in, if not...use the 14 day return policy and bring it back.

But when you look, all you are doing is looking for the "ms response time" that will tell you the speed

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #40
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think a new monitor is going to make much of a difference. I tried a Benq which has 0 or 1 ms lag input and I still couldn't get good contact on these pitches every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »