Home

Old 07-07-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Cheaters

I rarely play this game Online, and tonight is yet another reason why...I came across a loser (SUPER_MONKEY_SD) who bunted the entire game and when I was beating him 7-2 in the 9th, he quit and it said the game was forfeited and his team won. Does this happen regularly to people? I'm disgusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cheaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
I rarely play this game Online, and tonight is yet another reason why...I came across a loser (SUPER_MONKEY_SD) who bunted the entire game and when I was beating him 7-2 in the 9th, he quit and it said the game was forfeited and his team won. Does this happen regularly to people? I'm disgusted.
That sucks man. I know it's happened to me before but I thought they'd fixed it...
Old 07-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Yeah Ive sadly stopped playing this game online for those reasons, as the game and the community grew, it got worse and worse because people suck.
Old 07-08-2016, 04:02 AM   #4
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

If the guy I'm playing against spams bunts, I fight fire with fire. The main difference is that I'm really good at sneaking runners across bases on bunt plays and I take advantage of defensive shifts by bunting to the mostly empty side, even with slow players. It makes these *******s leave after 1 or 2 runs of this usually.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Exhibit A as to why I only play DD against people on my friends list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Yea, this is my big gripe with THE SHOW over the years. Online play quality is worse than when I first bought the game in 09. I used to play online a lot back then but the quality made it more frustrating than fun. Makes me think they have not been investing in server equipment to meet the demand required for better online play. At least this year they added conquest and more card variations for diamond dynasty. (previously its been the same game each year with a new control schemes added here and there). Offline though, this game is great.
Old 07-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #7
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYBaseball
Yea, this is my big gripe with THE SHOW over the years. Online play quality is worse than when I first bought the game in 09. I used to play online a lot back then but the quality made it more frustrating than fun. Makes me think they have not been investing in server equipment to meet the demand required for better online play. At least this year they added conquest and more card variations for diamond dynasty. (previously its been the same game each year with a new control schemes added here and there). Offline though, this game is great.
Keep in mind, server equipment doesn't contribute to online play. The servers set up matchmaking, but the game itself is P2P. That's why the denial-of-service attacks work - if the game itself were being routed through servers, your opponent wouldn't be able to see your IP address in order to attack you.

You can see how bad the server performance is every time you open a server-facing menu (the marketplace, or even your inventory). Imagine if that level of lag were applied to every action in game...
Old 07-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

What also added to the fact was it was only my 3rd game online. Period. I had been competitive in both previous (despite having to get used to the slight skips when pitching and moment of contact hitting) and this was my first Win. But the player quit the match and also got the Win somehow despite the boxscore still showing me winning 7-2.

Very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »