Home

Some of these Moment missions are dumb

This is a discussion on Some of these Moment missions are dumb within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2019, 06:16 PM   #217
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Some of these Moment missions are dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Believe me I complained about the stat grind as much as everyone but thanks to moments I realize how much better the stat grind was. Even after a bad game I at least grinded out some innings pitched, strikeouts, hits, at bats, etc. not to mention that by the second week of release I’ve been unlocking cards that I will never use. If they went back to stat grinds and team or card specific stat grinds I would at least use some of these cool cards. I would venture a guess that 90% of MLB the Show players don’t use 90% of their collection rendering the whole idea pointless.
One of the reasons I like doing the daily missions, even if it means rolling into RS with a bunch of bronzes or commons, is that it gives me an opportunity to use some cards that otherwise would just collect dust. I handily won a game earlier today using an infield full of bronze players (needed 2 RBI with them) and only Pirates pitchers (needed 8 IP). My outfield of diamonds helped me get through, but the bronze guys made some key plays. Sometimes you do that and get shellacked, but playing a much better roster close or even winning feels pretty good.

That said, the team affinity winnings are kind of perverse. Unless from day 1 you stack your lineup with a few teams (or play a bunch of Race to October), you're going to have little use for those cards by the time you rack up the innings. And grinding out the innings for every team would lead to a lot of killer cards going unused for long stretches.

I think they were on to something this year with giving away a lot more diamonds, but they need to pace things better. Team affinities should require less, but XP gains should be harder. Makes no sense to be earning bronze/silver/low gold guys when you're a gold/diamond player. It's also lame that everyone (except me lol) has Signature Kershaw a month in.

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 06-17-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #218
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Every now and then I need a reminder of why I hate these moments. I haven’t done a single moment since the 2nd inning program but seeing how they seem to have reduced the amount of program stars you get from anything else yet again I decided to try.....

Score 1 run on Wagner in the ninth with 2 outs. 1 hour 17 minutes and dozens upon dozens of squared up balls on good timing for outs....easily over 20 attempts and finally I shut it off without completing it. Done and done.

I give you guys credit who muddle through these because they have to be the least fun thing to do in video game history. A total waste of time and an increase in blood pressure. Worst idea and better not be in next years game.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #219
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

The last thing I’m going to say about this colossally stupid mode is that I have never felt like completed a single moment I’ve always felt like the game let me complete the moment. Poor game
Old 06-26-2019, 01:04 AM   #220
Pro

shark547's Arena

For some stupid reason I decided I would try some of the moments I gave up on earlier.....so Bryce Harper....He can put up video game numbers....except when you use him in the 11 game stretch....because....

Well, here is a steady diet of left handed starters.....for Bryce and his amazing 56 Contact and 55 power....

Don't forget about his legendary 67 power vs Righties....which you will hardly see and when you do they will walk you....a lot.....

I don't even feel bad....if I can't hit any homers with Lou Gehrig, why would I think I could with Bryce Harper....lol
Old 06-29-2019, 01:57 PM   #221
Pro

shark547's Arena

Now I am in a Kluber moment....pitch a shut out...I have a no hitter thru 9....but, my team hasn't scored....so on to the 10th....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #222
Pro

shark547's Arena

Don't mind me...just pitching 14 innings of no hit ball to finish this moment....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Kluber.jpeg (339.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #223
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark547
Don't mind me...just pitching 14 innings of no hit ball to finish this moment....
Obligatory git gud comment
Old 07-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #224
MVP

papadell's Arena

Jesus ****ing Christ

I got into the moment vs the Padres and lost track of the K's and closed it out and failed the challenge because I only got 3 strikeouts not 4. Failed because it's being played at polo grounds where popups are HRs so you have to actually pitch

Throw a 1 hit shutout and fail the goddamn thing

I was bitching in the other thread too but holy ****. WHO DESIGNS this stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »