Home

The ultimate College Athletics Experience...

This is a discussion on The ultimate College Athletics Experience... within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The ultimate College Athletics Experience...

Imagine turning on your game, and you're viewing a "Fall Sports"menu, listing the sports your school participates in, their schedule, revenue, expenses, etc. You can, as acting Athletic Director/Coach, increase or decrease expenses, alter ticketing, alter uniforms, negotiate salaries for all coaches, negotiate schedules, approve pep rallies, etc. You can also select a Fall sport, like football, and play the scheduled games, like you would on any prior game. You can improve facilities, both stadiums and athletic facilities, even name some of the buildings in your honor or in a coach's honor (could also be you). You can approve statues, plaques, etc. on campus. Even add unique features on campus to help entice recruits.
Winter sports roll around, and you can engage the same way. As well as Spring sports. All in one game.

This game would be open to both genders, allowing female gamers the opportunity to play women's basketball, softball, soccer, etc.

The game would have somewhat an open world concept, with you being able to walk the campus, as it grows, but the main focus would still be on the sports themselves. You can elect to sim all other sports, decisions, etc. if you just wish to stick with one sport, such as football.

Your player would have the ability to react to media inquires, with words and actions having a significance on the success of the program and the university.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what I've envisioned. For a well-made, well-programmed game, I'd happily pay big bucks.

What say you? What would you include in a game like this? How much would you pay for a game that worked well with this more open concept, encapsulating multiple sports within one game?

Based upon what I'm envisioning, in my head, I'd pay at least $150. No lie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The ultimate College Athletics Experience...

I've always imagined a game that was effectively GTA5+Mass Effect+Madden+NCAA where it's open world, RPG, branching conversations, and you get the ins and outs of being an athlete, coach, etc.

I'd love this too.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes, what I envision is very similar to this. I'd even be ok with it, if it was limited to only a few sports, like football, men's basketball and baseball, with women's basketball, softball and soccer, but I think by having multiple sports within one title, with the ability to still play each sport, one game, a whole season, whatever, along with the ability to upgrade and [i]see[i] those upgrades, visually, would be a huge boon to gamers who love the sports, but also love the details and depth of Dynasty Mode.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

beamerball811's Arena

OVR: 1

Browsing around the OS forums after vacating for years. I wanted to say that I actually pitched this idea to EA Sports when I was in sixth grade. I never got a return comment or anything.

My idea was basically an all-inclusive NCAA game where you run an athletic department as the AD. Given the group licensing issues and everything that's going on with the NCAA, it seems more unlikely than when they were producing NCAA Hoops/Football/Baseball. But one can still dream, right?
Old 07-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #5
Rookie

You were ahead of your time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »