Home

NCAA Football 11 Videos: Recruiting (TheGameGuysBlog)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Videos: Recruiting (TheGameGuysBlog) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2010, 03:59 AM   #33
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA Football 11 Videos: Recruiting (TheGameGuysBlog)

I only watched the first vid and the recruiting is looking pretty good this year. one thing i noticed is that recruiting was on heisman and even in a topic that wasnt too important to the recruit as well as not that great at the school, he still got points when he pitched the topic. In the past if you pitched a topic that your school wasnt good at AND the recruit didnt care about, the recruit most of the time got upset about it, which would mean for this years game you would lose points. Not that big of a deal, just hoping that you can actually lose points for bad recruiting.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 14
so let me get this straight. For in-season recruiting will the players commit to you during the season or do you make pitches to them in the season then you have more time to recruit them in the offseason where they sign you? im confused.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #35
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan188
so let me get this straight. For in-season recruiting will the players commit to you during the season or do you make pitches to them in the season then you have more time to recruit them in the offseason where they sign you? im confused.
recruits can sign anytime during the season or off-season.

pre-season - you look/search for recruits and place them on your recruiting board(up to 35).

season - each week(except bowl weeks and conference champ week), you have 10 hours to call your recruits. you can give out a total of 25 scholarships a year(you don't have to give out that many, that is just the max). you can schedule 1 visit per recruit so they can watch one of your game, or you can schedule them on one of your bye week(but this would get a low visit score). you can offer a scholarship at any time. new to this year, you can give out promises(like no redshirt, guarantee a championship, etc..) at any time, but only a total of 3 per season.

off-season - you have 5 weeks to finish up your recruiting. you can schedule visit with a recruit, once per off-season. starting in NCAA 10, there were a few recruits that were not available in regular season that became available to recruit in the off-season(not sure if this remains in NCAA 11). but for the most part, its the same pool of players. the calling the recruit part is basically the same as in-season recruiting, 10 hours per week, etc..

prior to the off-season recruiting, you get to see who/if anyone wants to go pro or transfer out of your school. you use recruiting time to try and convince them to stay. the time is taken away from week 1 of off-season recruiting. you also get to see who/if anyone wants to transfer to your school.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 07-10-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #36
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I only watched the first vid and the recruiting is looking pretty good this year. one thing i noticed is that recruiting was on heisman and even in a topic that wasnt too important to the recruit as well as not that great at the school, he still got points when he pitched the topic. In the past if you pitched a topic that your school wasnt good at AND the recruit didnt care about, the recruit most of the time got upset about it, which would mean for this years game you would lose points. Not that big of a deal, just hoping that you can actually lose points for bad recruiting.
Yes, but I think in the scheme of things, that amount of points really wasn't significant. The totals were way up in the hundreds, so 20 or 30 points gained wasn't really gaining that much ground. The guy playing it definitely didn't seem excited when he got those low point totals. That's how I'm going to attempt to explain it. Though I'll agree, I was thinking the way you were. Let's hope my explanation is right. LOL
Old 07-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #37
Banned

NaptownMVP's Arena

OVR: 3

Here's a question. In the last gen versions, there was a bug where sometimes I would recruit and recruit a guy, be far and away the top guy on his list, and he would never sign. In fact, he would never sign with any team. Any idea if this sort of thing is still happening?
Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
recruits can sign anytime during the season or off-season.

pre-season - you look/search for recruits and place them on your recruiting board(up to 35).

season - each week(except bowl weeks and conference champ week), you have 10 hours to call your recruits. you can give out a total of 25 scholarships a year(you don't have to give out that many, that is just the max). you can schedule 1 visit per recruit so they can watch one of your game, or you can schedule them on one of your bye week(but this would get a low visit score). you can offer a scholarship at any time. new to this year, you can give out promises(like no redshirt, guarantee a championship, etc..) at any time, but only a total of 3 per season.

off-season - you have 5 weeks to finish up your recruiting. you can schedule visit with a recruit, once per off-season. starting in NCAA 10, there were a few recruits that were not available in regular season that became available to recruit in the off-season(not sure if this remains in NCAA 11). but for the most part, its the same pool of players. the calling the recruit part is basically the same as in-season recruiting, 10 hours per week, etc..

prior to the off-season recruiting, you get to see who/if anyone wants to go pro or transfer out of your school. you use recruiting time to try and convince them to stay. the time is taken away from week 1 of off-season recruiting. you also get to see who/if anyone wants to transfer to your school.
sounds cool thanks
Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
Here's a question. In the last gen versions, there was a bug where sometimes I would recruit and recruit a guy, be far and away the top guy on his list, and he would never sign. In fact, he would never sign with any team. Any idea if this sort of thing is still happening?
ya i just played my ps2 version of ncaa football 09 and that happened to me. I went after a fullbak and i was way ahead so i tried recruiting him relaxed so i'd have more time to recruit others than he didn't sign with any1
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #40
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Does anyone know if the option to "Quick Call" is still available? I always quick call the first 2 weeks of my season to unlock most of my recruits opinions of different topics.
Thanks
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »