Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #41
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Update (EA Sports Blog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Boot it up and download it? Sounds like downloading a patch to me, or am I missing something? I haven't downloaded a patch since '09 and haven't ever messed with tuner sets.
it'll likely download at the main menu(after you press start and everything starts loading). if you look at it now, you'll see it show a 'checking for gameplay tuner set' or something like that. I'm guessing at that point, if there is one available, it'll download it.

patches are downloaded once you attempt to boot up the game(before even getting into the game).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is it just me or do the dirty uniforms really stand out more than in years past? I mean the streak of what looks to be mud on the Auburn player's leg, and then a smaller smudge on his helmet next to the logo. I remember the uniforms looking like they were getting a little wet and all with perhaps a bit of greenish stain to the front of the pants. Loving this years look though and can't wait for the patch! Thanks for listening EA! =)
No Mullet..No Peace!
Mullets for NCAA Football '13

Last edited by Jase24; 07-29-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #43
Rookie

kmaxhokie's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Boot it up and download it? Sounds like downloading a patch to me, or am I missing something? I haven't downloaded a patch since '09 and haven't ever messed with tuner sets.
With patches they usually download for you when you turn on the game. What the guy is saying is that for NHL you had to go into Xbox Live and download the tunner sets from there. They wouldn't automatically download like a patch does. Not sure how NCAA will work out though.

BOATSNHOOOOOES
#14 Virginia Tech (10-3)
Year 1 - Champs Sports Bowl Champs
#10 Virginia Tech (11-2) Year 2 - Chick-fil-A Bowl Champs
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #44
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Finally some info on the patch and turner sets, can't wait till they all drop. Thank you EA for Listening to us.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #45
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it'll likely download at the main menu(after you press start and everything starts loading). if you look at it now, you'll see it show a 'checking for gameplay tuner set' or something like that. I'm guessing at that point, if there is one available, it'll download it.

patches are downloaded once you attempt to boot up the game(before even getting into the game).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaxhokie
With patches they usually download for you when you turn on the game. What the guy is saying is that for NHL you had to go into Xbox Live and download the tunner sets from there. They wouldn't automatically download like a patch does. Not sure how NCAA will work out though.

Ahh ok. So I'll need to be connected to XBL for the tuner sets.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #46
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Patches download as soon as the game is inserted and you're prompted to accept.

These tuner sets will likely be files you'll have to go online to get. You'll need to start the game, go to the EA online news hub thingy or start an online game or access an online dynasty and get it.

That's the way I understand it.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #47
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Help me out guys.

I'm not a newbie, and have always looked forward to patches. I put the game in and it does it automatically...

...except this time. I never got a prompt to do it. Any suggestions? Is there a version number of the game now so I can hit information to see if I do have that patch (I'm pretty sure I don't).

Thanks. And I am online by the way.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #48
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Patches download as soon as the game is inserted and you're prompted to accept.

These tuner sets will likely be files you'll have to go online to get. You'll need to start the game, go to the EA online news hub thingy or start an online game or access an online dynasty and get it.
Correct, but like NHL (assuming you're already signed into XBL), once the game has loaded and is sitting at the default dashboard, you'll have a tuner set icon that would appear. The user can then choose to download and play with the new tuner set. While not as robust as what would be contained in a typical patch, tuner sets offer a simple way for EA to introduce minor refinements for certain game settings that do not need a full patch download.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »