Home

Is anyone playing this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone playing this game? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2020, 05:12 PM   #17
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Is anyone playing this game?

I can’t justify playing this game anymore. I try so hard not to be negative but dang. Cpu doesn’t cross. Midfield plays zero defense, they literally watch. Penalties are nonexistent, and as we all know that’s a massive part of football. I’ve played 28 matches. 0 penalty kicks and ONE free kick. This gameplay out of the box is absolutely pathetic on EAs end. MASSIVE step back from 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 10-13-2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:25 PM   #18
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Is anyone playing this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I can’t justify playing this game anymore. I try so hard not to be negative but dang. Cpu doesn’t cross. Midfield plays zero defense, they literally watch. Penalties are nonexistent, and as we all know that’s a massive part of football. I’ve played 28 matches. 0 penalty kicks and ONE free kick. This gameplay out of the box is absolutely pathetic on EAs end. MASSIVE step back from 20.

What slider settings and difficulty are you using?
Old 10-13-2020, 06:30 PM   #19
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
What slider settings and difficulty are you using?

I play on legendary with matt10’s exact setup

Old 10-13-2020, 11:36 PM   #20
Rookie

I play offline only on Legendary using Matt10's exact sliders and there are 2 things happening for me that are extremely frustrating and i'm close to my breaking point. 1 is the lack of fouls. My dudes are getting completely clattered and the ref literally never blows the whistle on my behalf. That said, they DO call fouls in favor of the CPU. The other thing is the ease of goals that the CPU scores. I would have no problem if they scored some bangers or clean looking goals but almost every single goal scored against me comes from them shooting, it bouncing off my player and right back to them and them picking that up and dumping it in the net, completely uncontested. I would say that is 90% of the goals scored on me. Very, very annoying
Old 10-14-2020, 12:13 AM   #21
MVP

405Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 2

Thought about getting it but two reasons have prevented me from getting it:

1. Half of the First Division Clubs in England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Europe etc. are missing their third kits.

2. Apparently all the players on the Adidas All Star Team are not allowed to be transferred in Team Management and some aren't even allowed in their Country's National Team or available in the player pool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2020, 08:31 AM   #22
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

The game is awesome. Career is super deep. There's no game-breaking bugs at launch for the first time in years. It's awesome. There's always going to be harsher critics and people that want to hate on it, but at the end of the day if you're into Manager Career this game is incredible.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #23
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Alot of impressions are in the Community Sliders thread, which I would recommend checking out.

It is a little surprising to see the lack of activity on the general forum however. Usually it's a little more buzzier/higher.

Generally speaking, I think FIFA 20 may have burned some people out, especially considering how many issues there were with offline career mode play at launch (it ended up in a decent state by the end of its cycle of course).

I think there's some clear upgrades / improvements in 21, and alot of little things I appreciate (particularly in career mode). Having said that - the game has taken some steps backward in the gameplay department (which sliders help with thankfully).

Tactical defending doesnt feel good this year - the AI (on Legendary) is too good at dribbling around you and holding up the ball to then pass onto someone else, and then onto someone else, and then a goal comes. As others have mentioned, your teammate AI defending is also not strong. It's something they need to look at more closely.

There is also a clear issue with fouls - theyre simply not called. Im not sure if FIFA decided to completely reduce the referee say on a game to help online play, but at the moment, it doesnt feel realistic at all. I've played nearly 30 games and have yet to see a penalty called for either team, even in situations where the opponent clatters into you.

For those of you really struggling to enjoy the gameplay, I would very much recommend checking out the community sliders that Matt10 has put together, and also switch from "Tactical Defending" to "Legacy Defending." (You may even want to turn off the new "advanced dribbling" feature as well).
Old 10-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #24
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I play offline only on Legendary using Matt10's exact sliders and there are 2 things happening for me that are extremely frustrating and i'm close to my breaking point. 1 is the lack of fouls. My dudes are getting completely clattered and the ref literally never blows the whistle on my behalf. That said, they DO call fouls in favor of the CPU. The other thing is the ease of goals that the CPU scores. I would have no problem if they scored some bangers or clean looking goals but almost every single goal scored against me comes from them shooting, it bouncing off my player and right back to them and them picking that up and dumping it in the net, completely uncontested. I would say that is 90% of the goals scored on me. Very, very annoying
This is also another problem thats plagued the game for a few years now - the ball is "magnetized" to players a bit, which results in really frustrating play, particularly on loose balls in the box (which is almost always an advantage for the AI).

Again, I definitely like certain aspects of the game and theres clear improvements, but some areas of the gameplay just havent been touched up the way they should

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »