Home

FIFA 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions Here

The FIFA 21 trial is available now for EA Play (EA Access) subscribers on Xbox One...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 21 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

I'm enjoying the game overall. Looks and feels mostly good. My only issue after one match vs. the CPU on Legendary is that the Strafe Dribbling is extremely overpowered. I'm Chelsea vs. CPU Barcelona and once they get near the box, it's super difficult to get the ball back because they strafe dribble and skill move non-stop
Old 10-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: FIFA 21 Trial Available Now For EA Play Subscribers - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
I'm enjoying the game overall. Looks and feels mostly good. My only issue after one match vs. the CPU on Legendary is that the Strafe Dribbling is extremely overpowered. I'm Chelsea vs. CPU Barcelona and once they get near the box, it's super difficult to get the ball back because they strafe dribble and skill move non-stop
Did you turn off competitor mode it's on by default. I'm guessing thats why you are seeing a ton of skill moves.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Did you turn off competitor mode it's on by default. I'm guessing thats why you are seeing a ton of skill moves.
You are a lifesaver, thank you so much! I never would have thought of that
Old 10-01-2020, 04:08 PM   #5
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Haven't spent enough time with gameplay yet but it seems almost identical to 20. So quick initial thoughts:
  • Manual heading once I figure it out might be amazing
  • Editing players is back to normal
  • You can now choose all songs from both soundtracks
  • Don't forget to turn off all the new assists they've added like auto shooting and auto clearance.
  • Semi throughballs are finally an option!
  • The menus got a new coat of paint which I prefer to the horrible bright gray/white background
  • Finally in CM you can see your opponents expected starting XI

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 10-01-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions

My first impression wasn't really a good one but I really didn't play Fifa 20 much besides the demo and very very little of the trial so I am not really comparing it to that more so 19 which I spent a lot of time with and it feels identical. AI attacks seem varied but the feel of the game is just off for me and I still hate the way you defend it's just not practical for me because you can never get close to a player properly.

I will try to play more this weekend and jump straight into Career Mode to see what it's like but not really optimistic.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: FIFA 21 Trial Available Now on EA Play (EA Access/Origin) - Post Your Impressions

Overall, I am really enjoying it. To me finally career mode, feels alot better. I am enjoying the depth to it now with the added features. The new transfer loan to buy is amazing and should have been added awhile ago. Starting with a scout and some youth is a beautiful touch I like.

Gameplay feels great and improved from last year to me.

The biggest disappointment and thing I have alot of issues with and really angers me is NO new leagues or adding of North American Champions League. Id love to know if in the history of FIFA, if they ever released a new game without any new leagues. Come on EA, just bad. I really also hope you add the North American CHampions LEague. Its long past due. Each year, you all just put alot of work into the MLS and its Broadcast stuff, but without that tournament it feels a waste to me. THis coming from a big MLS fan.

Oh well, please do add some new leagues for next gen.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:09 PM   #8
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I wasted precious trial hours playing a game of VOLTA. The gameplay seems improved this time around so that good. Feels like the actually put effort into making the gameplay unique to smaller pitches/courts and 5 or less players on a team. Last year it felt like they just used the game play from the main game. The mode had so much potential last year but the dropped the ball. Control still feels a little sloppy but maybe that improves as your attributes increase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »