Home

Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

This is a discussion on Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #81
MVP

OVR: 0
I've never had an issue with any of this. Played a full season with arsenal and only lost one match. 1-0 vs Stoke City. Do I consider that match unbeatable or fixed? No. I know what happened, the goalkeeper had an outstanding match. He lifted his team up and was rightfully man of the match. He never put his head down. That, my friends, IS FOOTBALL. If anything, it adds realism to the game because yes it does happen. Ever since that, I praise Stoke's goalkeeper during press conferences because he deserves it. I'm not gonna sit here and whine about how I should've won the game but EA is out to get me. I see that match as a deserved win for my opposition. Football my friends, an unpredictable sport. 90 minutes where anything can happen. 6 months later I faced stoke again and I won 2-1 in a highly contested match. Great match that was, and I celebrated it as if I had defeated Chelsea because I really wanted that win. Not for the 3 points, but for my pride

That felt waaaaay better than reloading and resimming until I finally beat them. I would always consider that 3 points I didn't deserve so I never do that. Instead of quitting the game before I lose I go all out attack to win the final minutes. Sometimes it works and sometimes they hit me with a counterattack and I lose even worse. Like I said, THAT IS FOOTBALL. A beautiful sport that I love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #82
Just started!

OVR: 10
Re: Unwinnable Career Mode Fixtures

There is definitely a problem with simming, i got qualitative WAY better players than some teams in the premier league (~80+ OVR) and there's teams from the Npower that joined along with me and somehow... i can't win anything and i ended up being fired and oh did i mention i have neymar, a complete forward with ovr 90 at 23, my defence was at least ovr 80, i was in form and lost to teams with lower OVR's and out of form players? that's just so bull****... even though i went even or lost to MAX one goal to the top teams -.-'

I'm going to try a new game this weekend with one of the worst english teams and bring them all the way up. Let's hope this time it will sim better and i don't get ridiculous demands from management to get champions league 5 years after i start in npower 2

realism could really be added there... and the * rating system of the game is just bad, my team wasn't worth 5 starts AT ALL and i got it...
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #83
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
I've never had an issue with any of this. Played a full season with arsenal and only lost one match. 1-0 vs Stoke City. Do I consider that match unbeatable or fixed? No. I know what happened, the goalkeeper had an outstanding match. He lifted his team up and was rightfully man of the match. He never put his head down. That, my friends, IS FOOTBALL. If anything, it adds realism to the game because yes it does happen. Ever since that, I praise Stoke's goalkeeper during press conferences because he deserves it. I'm not gonna sit here and whine about how I should've won the game but EA is out to get me. I see that match as a deserved win for my opposition. Football my friends, an unpredictable sport. 90 minutes where anything can happen. 6 months later I faced stoke again and I won 2-1 in a highly contested match. Great match that was, and I celebrated it as if I had defeated Chelsea because I really wanted that win. Not for the 3 points, but for my pride

That felt waaaaay better than reloading and resimming until I finally beat them. I would always consider that 3 points I didn't deserve so I never do that. Instead of quitting the game before I lose I go all out attack to win the final minutes. Sometimes it works and sometimes they hit me with a counterattack and I lose even worse. Like I said, THAT IS FOOTBALL. A beautiful sport that I love.
If it only happened once a season it wouldn't be such an issue. If you're only losing one match a season then I'd guess you play on a lower difficulty. Nothing wrong with that, but not necessarily a comparable situation as this sort of thing doesn't seem to happen on lower difficulties.

In these games, it isn't football.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 06-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrightning
In the worst case this is very possible.
I'm not doubting really, just shocked the cheat engine nonsense is programmed into the game to that extent. That's unheard of I'd say. People complain that it makes no sense for game devs to program their gameplay in such a way that the CPU would be near-unbeatable for some games and matches. And even though I understand and even agree with that, I've always seen it as their way of creating a challange for the gamer. But fixing the sim engine to cheat as well makes absolutely no sense because there's no challenge there, so that argument doesn't fly. It's just tacky game programming and even sadistically twisted if you really think about it.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #85
Just started!

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I'm not doubting really, just shocked the cheat engine nonsense is programmed into the game to that extent. That's unheard of I'd say. People complain that it makes no sense for game devs to program their gameplay in such a way that the CPU would be near-unbeatable for some games and matches. And even though I understand and even agree with that, I've always seen it as their way of creating a challange for the gamer. But fixing the sim engine to cheat as well makes absolutely no sense because there's no challenge there, so that argument doesn't fly. It's just tacky game programming and even sadistically twisted if you really think about it.
i understand why they're doing it, so you don't cheat with the sim to win matches... but really my team of 80 average loses ALL the time in the premier league i just don't get it! :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrightning
i understand why they're doing it, so you don't cheat with the sim to win matches.
Okay. But do you really think it's EA's business whether I decide to cheat in my career by choosing to sim games? I mean, what's next? Forcing us to play career mode without the ability to edit rosters and player ratings beforehand? Oh wait... Doesn't Madden already have that?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #87
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Early Season FAILS

I've observed a trend in my career wherein early in the season, my team really struggles to find form and the number of these "Unwinnable" fixtures tends to drag out for several matches in a row.

In my 7th season, having just won the league for the 2nd time (I've also won the league cup twice and been crowned Champions of Europe once), I just cannot seem to spank inferior opponents and the big clubs - Arsenal, ManU/C, Spurs - are simply incredible. I had a match against Arsenal where I had to stop and pause the game at one point because my eyes literally couldn't catch up to the incredible pace and movement and precision of Arsenal. They were like $%#@ing banshees on the pitch, stringing together improbable - nay, impossible - runs down the middle of the pitch involving all of their midfield + fullbacks. It was remarkable because it looked nothing like football. It looked like an experiment involving performance-enhancing drugs. All of my highly rated speedsters were being mobbed by two or three Arse every time they touched the football.

Anyway, I hate it. It actually starts to ruin the game for me. Some of the EA brand of scripting and "drama engine" coding I'm okay with, but they simply take it too far. It's one thing to make the opposition play really well, but when they also make my team play terribly, it's no longer even slightly enjoyable.

Of course, this same match I'm describing was also filled with several shots off the woodwork by my strikers. Sitter after sitter, 3 yards from goal, failing to hit anything but row Z, etc.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK0wnag3
If it only happened once a season it wouldn't be such an issue. If you're only losing one match a season then I'd guess you play on a lower difficulty. Nothing wrong with that, but not necessarily a comparable situation as this sort of thing doesn't seem to happen on lower difficulties.

In these games, it isn't football.
Yes I do play on a lower difficulty. Most people here play legendary, I play world class. I only lost 1 match, but got a good amount of ties that were all supposed to be defeats but I was able to come back last minute. But either way, if you're playing on legendary, how realistic do you expect the game to be? It's like playing an RPG game on very hard. It's obviously gonna be brutal I mean the name says it: LEGENDary. Of course the game is gonna be out to make your life a living hell. I wouldn't complain about it either because that's what I expect when i play tournaments on legendary. I know that it's gonna be a headache to win

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »