Home

Patch Released 1.0.1 (PS3)

This is a discussion on Patch Released 1.0.1 (PS3) within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #33
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Patch Released 1.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBiNeR
Don't forget Microsoft's mandatory 10-day testing cycle before they publish 3rd party developer code to the Live servers.
Yeah, I know. Marcus said that it "was going through QA" about three weeks ago. Not sure if that was in-house or... wait for it... out-house. I'm such a joker...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Patch Released 1.0.1 (PS3)

This must just be for PS3 then. The 360 hasn't received an update yet.

"Folks, don't get your hopes on any AI changes. The AI is usually hardcoded and is not usually patched."

I would have to disagree there. They patched FIFA 08 last year, and the gameplay was definitely improved. Defenders played better, etc. So it can be done...2k did it to 2k7 I believe...and NFL Head coached was recently patched to fix some AI issues (running around the line instead of through it). That is all AI. So let's hope they fix this....if not the AI, which I can deal with, fix the penalties.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-28-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #35
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Ok...

1. Delete All Your Roster Saves

2. Download The Rosters Online And Save

3. Back Out To Main Menu And Create Another Roster Save

4. Edit Necessary Attributes

5. Start A Dynasty and Save.

I just did everything you said but it still happens. I switched my PS3 on deleted the rosters put the game in then downloaded online rosters, saved them and offline but still it resests the players potential.

I hope i dont have to download every NHL 09 file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr30
well i just played a game in my BAP and i'm just into the 2nd period in another and i have seen penalties shoot up.

1st game i had 11 PP's

So far in 2nd game 4 PP's and i am just 3mins into the period.

i also think the Goalies have been improved massively, they dont go down early and i havent seen the desperation splits save yet. Shooting seems accuracy seems adjusted also.
Same thing happened to my dynasty game with the Penguins. Definetly more penalties now, I had 9 PP in one game. Never been close too that amount of PPs before. Shot accuracy seems to be lower also.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #37
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I'll be rolling with this game for a long, long time if the lack of penalties is fixed.

Any guesses as to when the patch will be released for the 360? Is later tonight a possibility?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #38
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

More penalties is awesome, and definitely step one to me being happy with the game. But is it more penalties of aggression (slashes, trips, high sticks) or is the game calling penalties that should have been being called but haven't been, namely interference?

I guess my question is rhetorical since I don't expect a definitive answer before the Habs game ends and I check out the patch for myself, but oh well.

edit: Or maybe not. I'm reading speculation that it was taken offline for some reason.

Last edited by Azamien; 10-28-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #39
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Folks, don't get your hopes on any AI changes. The AI is usually hardcoded and is not usually patched.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunchbox

You need a patch to fix stuff like that. This is just a roster update.

--

Guys, if you want your AHL rookies go over to http://petrpuck.blogspot.com/ and use his templates to create them. His rankings are almost identical to the ones EA just put out and he doesn't even use their updates so the guy knows his stuff.

wrong, ea has updated the game the last 2 years with the roster updates. making it play different than when out of the box.

This is a Quote from Fiddy(The red) so I guess it is possible.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

For those who downloaded a patch....Did they fix the line changes so that you can put out any defensive pair you want during a stoppage instead of it defaulting to one based on which forward line you chose?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »