Home

NHL 22 missing rookies and players

This is a discussion on NHL 22 missing rookies and players within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2021, 10:58 PM   #33
Rookie

Tupac71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 22 missing rookies and players

Does anyone know if Linus Weissbach (BUF/ROC) is in the game perhaps in another league?
Old 10-26-2021, 10:19 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac71
Does anyone know if Linus Weissbach (BUF/ROC) is in the game perhaps in another league?
Not on Rochester, I checked Buffalo's ECHL Cinncinati roster too.

He wouldn't be on Frolunda, since he played 4 years at Wisconsin after then.

This happens a lot with NCAA players, even if they play a few games in the AHL they don't count along with the other AHL players, some kind of likeness rights deal. Most of my AHL CAPs are players like this.

Usually by December EA has a more complete roster of AHL players, he should be in then, or if he makes his NHL debut and sticks for a month he could be in earlier.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:42 AM   #35
Rookie

Let's try this again, my ISP must have a country block on images.

Also, I added 2 more NHL CAPs after updating league roster moves yesterday:

Alex Steeves - TOR - 74 OVR

Jasper Weatherby - SJ - 75 OVR

Layton Ahac - VEG - 74 OVR

Lukas Rousek - BUF - 75 OVR

Matt Boldy - MIN - 75 OVR

Odeen Tufto - TB - 74 OVR

Pavel Dorofeyev - VEG - 76 OVR

Sampo Ranta - COL - 77 OVR

Angus Crookshank - OTT - 74 OVR

Yegor Chinakov - CMB - 76 OVR

Vasily Podkolzin - VAN - 76 OVR

Vyacheslav Provolnev - 74 OVR

Vladimir Tkachev - LA - 76 OVR

Daniil Miromanov - VEG - 73 OVR

Justin Danforth - CMB - 75 OVR

Tyler Parsons - G - CGY - 73 OVR

Whoops - some of Parsons is cropped out: Aggressiveness 77, Agility 89, Durability 76, Endurance 80, Speed 89, Vision 78

I'll have more as I update the league and start the AHL roster process, this usually takes me a couple of months.

Last edited by russ99; 10-26-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #36
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister NoBody
So, what's the created player cap? Because I've gone through to Colorado and realized there's a few prospects per team that will have to be made, or at least if they're in the game I can't find them.

As much as it hurts me to say this, this project is probably better served waiting until EA comes out with the next rosters. As per usual, they are going to take players out that we have now, but that's the way it goes I guess.
If things haven’t changed, the cap for created players should be in the 500-600 range.

I myself, created over 400 players last year for my Alumni teams so I wouldn’t have any duplicates.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:08 AM   #37
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

So I just got a PS5, just got the game yesterday. Am a 'stickler" for accurate rosters in all games. However, I'm not a true hockey fan to where I know about players in college, draft picks, prospects, just maybe ECHL and up, live in Sacramento, what do you expect? lol. I thoroughly went thru every actual NHL roster and somewhat the AHL rosters when looking for players not accounted for that are listed on the NHL rosters. Found most in the AHL, and others that are not listed on the actual NHL rosters are injured or Covid related. I was impressed actually because I thought it was gonna be ugly, lol.

Based on the Oct. 22nd update, some of your caps are in the game already. Tyler Parsons is already on Stockton, Is a 73 like you have him but attributes are different. Weatherby, Ranta, Podkolzin, Tkachev, and Dorofeyev are in the game now also, attributes are different than yours. No worries. I'll make these other players and add to teams, so thank you for that. These are the only changes I saw that were needed:

Sea-Barre-Boulet to TB
SJ-Grambell to OTT
Found NJ-Nico Dawes on OHL Guelph Storm but is only rated a 71
Found Carol-Seth Jarvis on WHL Portland but is only rated a 73
Found Calg- Johannes Kinnvall on HockeyallSvenskan league on HV71 is rated a 73

Only players I couldn't find anywhere, 3 you made Caps for: Colum-Chinakhov and Danforth, SJ-Santeri Hatakka (No Cap?) and Vegas- Daniil Miromanov.

So, I'm really not sure about the complete accuracy of the AHL rosters, might look into this next. Too bad they don't have the KHL league included. Thanks again for the CAPS, and hopefully I helped a little and this info is not already "known". Cheers!
Old 10-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalanh1
So I just got a PS5, just got the game yesterday. Am a 'stickler" for accurate rosters in all games. However, I'm not a true hockey fan to where I know about players in college, draft picks, prospects, just maybe ECHL and up, live in Sacramento, what do you expect? lol. I thoroughly went thru every actual NHL roster and somewhat the AHL rosters when looking for players not accounted for that are listed on the NHL rosters. Found most in the AHL, and others that are not listed on the actual NHL rosters are injured or Covid related. I was impressed actually because I thought it was gonna be ugly, lol.

Based on the Oct. 22nd update, some of your caps are in the game already. Tyler Parsons is already on Stockton, Is a 73 like you have him but attributes are different. Weatherby, Ranta, Podkolzin, Tkachev, and Dorofeyev are in the game now also, attributes are different than yours. No worries. I'll make these other players and add to teams, so thank you for that. These are the only changes I saw that were needed:

Sea-Barre-Boulet to TB
SJ-Grambell to OTT
Found NJ-Nico Dawes on OHL Guelph Storm but is only rated a 71
Found Carol-Seth Jarvis on WHL Portland but is only rated a 73
Found Calg- Johannes Kinnvall on HockeyallSvenskan league on HV71 is rated a 73

Only players I couldn't find anywhere, 3 you made Caps for: Colum-Chinakhov and Danforth, SJ-Santeri Hatakka (No Cap?) and Vegas- Daniil Miromanov.

So, I'm really not sure about the complete accuracy of the AHL rosters, might look into this next. Too bad they don't have the KHL league included. Thanks again for the CAPS, and hopefully I helped a little and this info is not already "known". Cheers!
I tend to keep CAPs in the 75-80 range until they put up results at the NHL level, I may be overrating their best attributes, but the game isn't fun unless there is skill variance.

I used a number of sources to rate my CAPs, such as hockeysfuture, Dobber Hockey, articles on players from team and fan sites, fan scouting reports, and when desperate hfboards discussions.

Also, my first roster edit was to bring up to date to opening day. When roster sharing is available, they'll be up to date.

in the EA rosters, the AHL is a mess. There is a ton of player turnover every year due to the age restrictions and while many players come in from the CHL, many others come from other leagues and a bunch come in from the NCAA, usually I need to create 5-10 players per team, and re-rate all the players graduating from the CHL and other leagues.

I'd love to see the KHL in the game, not sure how feasible that is. If the editing capabilities were at the same level as NBA2K, we could create the KHL, but alas, no dice.

Last edited by russ99; 10-29-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:24 PM   #39
Rookie

imalanh1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99
I tend to keep CAPs in the 75-80 range until they put up results at the NHL level, I may be overrating their best attributes, but the game isn't fun unless there is skill variance.

I used a number of sources to rate my CAPs, such as hockeysfuture, Dobber Hockey, articles on players from team and fan sites, fan scouting reports, and when desperate hfboards discussions.

Also, my first roster edit was to bring up to date to opening day. When roster sharing is available, they'll be up to date.

in the EA rosters, the AHL is a mess. There is a ton of player turnover every year due to the age restrictions and while many players come in from the CHL, many others come from other leagues and a bunch come in from the NCAA, usually I need to create 5-10 players per team, and re-rate all the players graduating from the CHL and other leagues.

I'd love to see the KHL in the game, not sure how feasible that is. If the editing capabilities were at the same level as NBA2K, we could create the KHL, but alas, no dice.
I have no issue with your CAPS, I did a lot of reading on scouting reports, but just 2 days worth, lol. NHL 20 was my last hockey game, I do a couple of Fantasy hockey leagues, but every year it seems 20-30% of the players in the NHL and AHL, I have no idea who they are. Your hockey knowledge is WAY higher than mine. Been watching the Sharks since their inception. I play all video game sports, and having correct rosters is a must. So, I rely on the knowledge of others, concerning hockey, like yourself that enjoy having correct attributes and the correct players where they should be.

Question, are you dealing with players equipment, type of slap shot, things other than attributes, height, weight etc., when creating players? Do you bother with it? I started creating a player based on your CAPS and realized there was too much other info I did not know, so I didn't bother. I'm sure your CAPS are fine. Roster sharing will be a great addition, December?

Maybe the 4 players I mentioned that are not found anywhere, will be in the next update. Going to check/compare the AHL rosters to move anyone a little later, when the Sharks game is over, lol, then actually start playing, lol!

Thanks for replying.

Update: So after a few days of checking the AHL and ECHL rosters, I've made a ton of changes, not attribute edits, but just player placement, the EA rosters are reasonably correct, kind of a mess, appear to be a year or 2 outdated. Highly doubt the EA NHL roster people are going to change much from the AHL down like I'm doing. Taking way too long though, lots of research, going down alphabetically in the AHL, they are now 99% accurate but I've only finished 10 teams, lol. I can't stop, lol. Have all the moves documented up to Cleveland, stopped doing that now, just making the changes, too many to note on here.

Last edited by imalanh1; 11-01-2021 at 05:14 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-01-2021, 02:21 PM   #40
Rookie

Be careful with trying to make the AHL rosters accurate. If these are rosters you plan on using in Franchise/ Season, you need to know that any player you put in the ECHL will not show up as in the system for their team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »