Home

Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

This is a discussion on Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed... within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:36 AM   #33
Rookie

aquito's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

After juggling with a number of sliders/tweaks, I'm going to go with these, great work!

My only change is pass interceptions to 0/0, that way I find I can actually shoot a wrister from the blue line without it being always blocked by the first guy.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:12 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sknapple's NHL 16 SS Sliders, with CPU's 'Super Passing' hopefully removed...

I can honestly say I never even considered moving the Attributes slider towards zero.

I had made edits to some of my players and just assumed that moving the slider up would make those edits more prevalent without even considering how it would impact the CPU.

I'm definitely going to try this when I can get a chance to play again.

Thanks!!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:38 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sknapple, your Advice with the attribute sliders does not only work in Superstar Mode.
I play Pro, and I set the Attribute slider to zero, increased many other sliders of the CPU and what shall I say...

I never played such a real and balanced game, like today in the evening! Really NEVER!

The CPU is aggressiv, they are human, do several offside mistakes (never seen this), do so many miss passes, shoot so much, the goalie is so human, nothing of the god like is seen any more, no highspeed passes any more, and all that inspite of I increased so many CPU sliders.
Now NHL16 is such a real game.. Now I know, why I shoot a goal, and it does not feel like Karma any more, and now I am not angry, when the CPU shoots goals, because now I cleary made mistakes, when they shoot goals.
And all this only because of that unimpressive Attribute sliders.

I think that everybody understands the sense of this slider wrong, and why? Because EA never gave any detailed instructions (I do not mean two liners) how those sliders really work, how they work together with other sliders and in which direction you have to click them to get what ever effect.

I thank you very much for your little but very big experience/advice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Schwede
Sknapple, your Advice with the attribute sliders does not only work in Superstar Mode.
I play Pro, and I set the Attribute slider to zero, increased many other sliders of the CPU and what shall I say...

I never played such a real and balanced game, like today in the evening! Really NEVER!

The CPU is aggressiv, they are human, do several offside mistakes (never seen this), do so many miss passes, shoot so much, the goalie is so human, nothing of the god like is seen any more, no highspeed passes any more, and all that inspite of I increased so many CPU sliders.
Now NHL16 is such a real game.. Now I know, why I shoot a goal, and it does not feel like Karma any more, and now I am not angry, when the CPU shoots goals, because now I cleary made mistakes, when they shoot goals.
And all this only because of that unimpressive Attribute sliders.

I think that everybody understands the sense of this slider wrong, and why? Because EA never gave any detailed instructions (I do not mean two liners) how those sliders really work, how they work together with other sliders and in which direction you have to click them to get what ever effect.

I thank you very much for your little but very big experience/advice!
Good Stuff, Alter_Schwede! I agree, I think it is crazy that we need to experiment with different settings to find out what the sliders actually do!! And good to know that it helps the other difficulty levels as well, I just found that Superstar gives me just the right amount of CPU aggressiveness to make it challenging, but if the other levels work better for you, then great! Have fun, keep your stick on the ice!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #37
Rookie

Yeah thanx sknapple, I play your set on AllStar, works great so far, will try Superstar soon.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #38
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

really cool set I just wanted to say thank you.

haven't bought nhl in awhile and for awhile I remembered why but your set has really transformed the game into something realistic that I just never seen before....I missed the tuner that everyone said was great.

some of your settings like game speed aren't really my preference but this was absolute great set to use as a base with minor adjustments still in progress.

the best part for me is how loose the puck is. its not magnetized to the players meaning the offense really has to think more about getting it in for a good chance and dump ins/ turnovers are very natural!

my biggest issue is my teammates are very slow helping me in the opp zone. I have auto plays picked. do you manually use different plays like crash net to get good support? hum aggressive slider or learning slider?

not sure but as of now it seems a lot of 1 vs 4/5 for a good amount of time before my cpu comrades get around to supporting offensive chances. but the opponent immediately has a whole team as soon as he crosses the blue line.

to tell the truth I'm not sure I want to change it because I'm getting really good,close games but it is very noticeable when I have to play keep away..get gang tackled lol. before it seems my team finally sets up.

Last edited by buffarukus; 11-19-2015 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffarukus
really cool set I just wanted to say thank you.

haven't bought nhl in awhile and for awhile I remembered why but your set has really transformed the game into something realistic that I just never seen before....I missed the tuner that everyone said was great.

some of your settings like game speed aren't really my preference but this was absolute great set to use as a base with minor adjustments still in progress.

the best part for me is how loose the puck is. its not magnetized to the players meaning the offense really has to think more about getting it in for a good chance and dump ins/ turnovers are very natural!

my biggest issue is my teammates are very slow helping me in the opp zone. I have auto plays picked. do you manually use different plays like crash net to get good support? hum aggressive slider or learning slider?

not sure but as of now it seems a lot of 1 vs 4/5 for a good amount of time before my cpu comrades get around to supporting offensive chances. but the opponent immediately has a whole team as soon as he crosses the blue line.

to tell the truth I'm not sure I want to change it because I'm getting really good,close games but it is very noticeable when I have to play keep away..get gang tackled lol. before it seems my team finally sets up.
Hey, buffarukus, glad to see you are enjoying NHL again! I agree, I also find I am playing a bit of a keep-away game at times, but on powerplays I am able to set up and get some cycling going. And yes, the teamate AI could still use some work, but that is more than just some slider tweaks can do anything for unfortunately! Drives me crazy when I do a board pin, and I have a teammate just standing there two feet away, and he won't come in to dig the puck out and we lose possession, LOL! Just have to take the bad with the good, I guess....

I did find that if you put the difficulty level on a lower setting, the CPU AI will back off and give you more space, but I found it a little too much space to be honest for my liking. And, it also affects the amount of awareness and help you get from your teammates; on Superstar I just find them to be the most 'helpful'; blocking shots, intercepting passes, checking more aggressively and such. The aggression sliders help somewhat, but I really don't find they adjust as much as the changing of difficulty levels do. I did also try a lower skill level with the CPU Difficulty slider turned up, but I started seeing 'Super CPU' again, so I gave up that idea! All I can suggest is trying the different skill levels, and tweak away with the rest of the sliders until you find something that is comfortable for you! It is never going to be perfect, the key is to find a balance that keeps it fun even with the occasional mistakes. The only one that I will never touch again is the Attribute Effect slider, it is the key ingredient I think to adding some life back into the game. Have fun!
Old 11-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #40
Rookie

buffarukus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknapple
Hey, buffarukus, glad to see you are enjoying NHL again! I agree, I also find I am playing a bit of a keep-away game at times, but on powerplays I am able to set up and get some cycling going. And yes, the teamate AI could still use some work, but that is more than just some slider tweaks can do anything for unfortunately! Drives me crazy when I do a board pin, and I have a teammate just standing there two feet away, and he won't come in to dig the puck out and we lose possession, LOL! Just have to take the bad with the good, I guess....

I did find that if you put the difficulty level on a lower setting, the CPU AI will back off and give you more space, but I found it a little too much space to be honest for my liking. And, it also affects the amount of awareness and help you get from your teammates; on Superstar I just find them to be the most 'helpful'; blocking shots, intercepting passes, checking more aggressively and such. The aggression sliders help somewhat, but I really don't find they adjust as much as the changing of difficulty levels do. I did also try a lower skill level with the CPU Difficulty slider turned up, but I started seeing 'Super CPU' again, so I gave up that idea! All I can suggest is trying the different skill levels, and tweak away with the rest of the sliders until you find something that is comfortable for you! It is never going to be perfect, the key is to find a balance that keeps it fun even with the occasional mistakes. The only one that I will never touch again is the Attribute Effect slider, it is the key ingredient I think to adding some life back into the game. Have fun!

thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one getting mugged as my teammates stand around checking twitter updates or something.

I don't want to change difficulty because like I said I'm getting good games, just seems like I'm doing a lot of slap shots from the point as my offense because without support...its my best option, or I could play keep away until my team decides it wants to set up. usually ends up as a turnover.....my coach is really mad and suggesting I stop doing that lol.

I'm going to try manually choosing crash net when I feel I got a good opportunity ect and see if I can get the hang of on the fly manual play selection. maybe crashing when going in then going with a base after they are in will give them more urgency to support but wont give up too much on the back end. get them out of this prevent D mode, not sure.

if I get a fix ill report, hopfully it doesn't overpower anything and I can keep it competitive. have a feeling it will, then ill turn up their goalie, then that will ruin something else..then ill be sick with slideritice. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »