Home

Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

This is a discussion on Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
@cme26wvum, once you settle on numbers that work for you...let me know. There will be other "middle of the road" players who could have the same initial difficulty you had.

I can mention your "remix" in the "Slider Notes" post, so they can get a quick fix.
I changed the pass assist back to the default setting of 30. Then both the cpu and human puck control to 10. Still haven't decided on the cpu difficulty adjustment. I've played 2 games on 3 and the first game I dominated and it wasn't even close but the 2nd game was a struggle and I barely won late in the 3rd period. So I'll have to experiment more with that maybe even try it on 4 or 5. I couldn't play on 6 because I'd just get destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #18
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme26wvu
I changed the pass assist back to the default setting of 30. Then both the cpu and human puck control to 10. Still haven't decided on the cpu difficulty adjustment. I've played 2 games on 3 and the first game I dominated and it wasn't even close but the 2nd game was a struggle and I barely won late in the 3rd period. So I'll have to experiment more with that maybe even try it on 4 or 5. I couldn't play on 6 because I'd just get destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Right on bro. I've edited your observations into the "Slider Notes" post. This way players who have preferences similar to yours, have some options. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by jaibubwan; 11-16-2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #19
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Sliders have been updated. Please see the message edited into the top of the first post. If you don't wish to make the trip...I'll let you know here:
Quote:
Navigate to "Gameplay Sliders > Passing > Puck Control Rating Effect". Change the value to "50/100" for both "Human" & "CPU".
While this may seem like a small or insignificant change...it actually produces a DRAMATIC improvement to defensive gameplay. Which is why I consider it worthy of a "version upgrade" label. You can find an expanded & detailed explanation in the first post of this topic.

Last edited by jaibubwan; 11-17-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #20
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

UPDATE: NOVEMBER 26, 2017

Quote:
A move towards play-making, passing, & active defense. And two major corrections to undesirable "bugs".

For new users: Head over to the slider images in the first post of this topic. They'll always show you the latest values. So be sure to apply them all.

For past users: Those of you who used Altito's sliders may have experienced an annoying bug in puck control. Players will randomly lose control of the puck...for the most illogical reasons, at the most random moments. Breakaways, shootouts, & dekes can become nearly impossible.

Unfortunately, this bug infected my sliders as well. And after much experimentation, I have applied the "fix" to rid us of this problem. With this fix, we move towards stronger passing & play-making. While we sacrifice some loose puck play...it actually gels with the hockey we see on television. So do regard this as a net improvement.

I also came to notice the AI's interpretation of "Holding" was a bit unrealistic. In taking this penalty, the computer would lock on to the player for longer than is "realistic". It brings the human "out of the game" seeing this spectacle, so we also introduce a fix to reduce its occurrence.

In terms of gameplay improvement, we have a major improvement to the effect of "Fatigue". The default "Full Sim" values (which PRO PLUS previously used) produces a major problem: most of the period is spent with multiple lines completely in the "red". This is completely unrealistic, as NHL players are not "gassed" all period. This means players cannot perform "lineup matches" & are forced to field whatever single line happens to be "green". It also has consequences to gameplay, in that we have a more energetic & competent opposition when players remain in the "green/yellow" bands. The "Fatigue" slider improvement in PRO PLUS does not eliminate the "red" band...but makes it apply more realistically (after long shifts, or at the end of periods).

Finally, we address the problem: "How does the puck get to the intended recipient?". This has nothing to do with the quality of the pass. It refers to whether the AI understands *who* we *intend* to pass the puck to. After some experimentation, I have settled on a starting-slider value that should be satisfactory to both sloppy & expert joystick hands.

We achieve all this with the following modifications to our past PRO PLUS slider values:
  • 'Pass Assist' changes from '10/100' to: 20/100
  • 'Puck Control' changes from '7/100' to: 20/100
  • 'Holding' for 'CPU' (not human) changes from '70/100' to: 60/100
  • 'Fatigue Recovery' changes from '33/100' to: 60/100
  • For those of you who missed the "2.0" update...'Puck Control Rating Effect' changes from '15/100' to: 50/100

Last edited by jaibubwan; 11-26-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #21
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

To all, in my recent updates...I forgot to include the change to "Fatigue". The change & explanations have been edited into the relevant posts & slider images.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #22
Rookie

Jai have you ever seen your players or the AI players skate unnaturally like sideways? I absolutely cant stand it. It happens no matter what slider set i use. Any fix for this that you know of??
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 AM   #23
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarman99
Jai have you ever seen your players or the AI players skate unnaturally like sideways? I absolutely cant stand it. It happens no matter what slider set i use. Any fix for this that you know of??
I don't think I have. But things happen so fast, and I'm focused on where the puck is...I've never really thought about "unnatural skating".

But I suspect the only sliders that can possibly change that behavior are the "Skating Agility" & "Puck Skating Agility" sliders. Those control body turning. I would imagine what you describe is some kind of turn that looks ridiculous. I would start with 0, then try 100. Those extremes should give you a sense of whether the slider has any effect on what you're concerned about.

Let me know if that helps. I'll also keep an eye out next time I play.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #24
Rookie

Sounds good Jai...Gonna do some tests now with the agility sliders that you mentioned. Not sure how long I can do it for as its almost 2 am here in Japan lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »