Home

Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

This is a discussion on Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

OVR: 0
Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders - Version 7.0

Jai's PRO PLUS Sliders - Version 7.0 (updated 2018-07-11)

INTRODUCING PRO PLUS

These sliders are designed for "intermediate" players. Those who find "Pro" on "Full Sim" a little too easy. But "All Star" way too difficult.

At this point, feel free to skip ahead to the slider values. But in the following text, we'll discuss the finer points of why these sliders are necessary.

I'd consider myself a "Pro" level player. But it got to a point where "Pro" was a little too easy. So I tried All-Star, and ended up completely overwhelmed by the opposition AI:
  • Perfect passes, like they have eyes behind their heads.
  • Dizzying speeds, whether they're setting up offense or attacking you as defenders.

My initial reaction was to "tune" the "All-Star" mode to correct this overwhelming feel to the game. But this became a complex & problematic endeavor. It could only work if we introduced "ice tilt"...in the human player's favor (not a good thing). We want things to be fair & mostly even between the human & AI.

Hence, working within the "Pro" universe...and spicing things up. So I took some of the principles that worked in my "All Star" experiments, and applied them to "Pro". What we end up with is "PRO PLUS".

UNDERSTANDING PRO PLUS

"PRO PLUS" is about more than just increasing the difficulty of "Pro" mode.

We also have various slider modifications that help us produce "realistic" hockey. We achieve this as much as EA's programming, my slider experiments, and sheer luck allow. We have tweaks affecting everything from speed to checking. Nothing is overlooked.

One thing I am also proud of is that this slider set is "bug free". I began here as a user of the various popular "loose puck" type slider sets. I would always experience bugs in those sets (like players losing puck control at the most ridiculous moments). This pushed me to experiment on my own, and discover the conditions that cause such bugs. The result is a "bug free" PRO PLUS. Obviously, we'll run into problems when EA releases updates that tweak & redefine various sliders. But until then, you will have a bug-free gaming experience. I exclusively use this slider set myself, so I'll usually notice problems earlier - or the same time - as you!

If you do come across a problem, please consider these factors first:
  • "PRO PLUS", like all slider sets, tends to get invalidated when EA releases game & tuner updates. Always be sure to check the "PRO PLUS" release date at the top of this topic, and compare it to EA's update thread here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/146691/
  • In my experiments, I've found that teams with strong goaltenders & defenders tend to win more. So if you ever feel you aren't "losing enough", then be sure to include the overall ratings of your goalie & defenders in your report.
  • The slider notes contain detailed explanations about all "PRO PLUS" slider modifications. It also explains relationships between various sliders. Most importantly, it contains RECOMMENDATIONS so you can modify everything from the speed to difficulty, to suit your needs.

APPLYING PRO PLUS

Applying "PRO PLUS" is much easier now!
  • Apply the defaults for "Full Sim" to your game. This gives us the base.
  • The second column of the table contains all the values that make up "PRO PLUS". But the majority of these values are "Full Sim" defaults. So let's narrow it down, so we only have to make a few key modifications to our "Full Sim" base.
  • Review the "PRO PLUS" tables for sliders that contain notes. These will be located in the third column. Any slider that contains a note...is a slider that must be modified!
  • Enter the value from the second column into your slider options. With these modifications to "Full Sim"...you end up with "PRO PLUS"!

Last edited by jaibubwan; 07-11-2018 at 03:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 AM   #2
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Re: Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

Will be updated later

Last edited by jaibubwan; 03-14-2018 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
Just started!

When i turn up the CPU Difficulty Adjustment too 6/6 my goalie dosen't save one shot.The AI rarley shoots but when it does,it's always a goal.

Seattle(me)-Tampa Bay 2-7 Shoots:41-12
Old 11-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

jaibubwan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion
When i turn up the CPU Difficulty Adjustment too 6/6 my goalie dosen't save one shot.The AI rarley shoots but when it does,it's always a goal.

Seattle(me)-Tampa Bay 2-7 Shoots:41-12
I'd say try one more game. I've played & tested these sliders long enough to know each game has its own unique characteristics. That said, never had a result like yours.

My initial theories:
  • Did you apply the PRO PLUS sliders exactly? If you modified any of the sliders, big chance it could screw up the experience.
  • The "story" of your game was that the opposition had a "brick wall" goalie that night...while yours should have been benched & swapped out early on.

Also, ignoring their goals...how did you feel the opposition AI played? Were they too hard to play against? Were they too easy? Or, like Goldilocks' porridge...were they "just right"?

FWIW, I just played my last two games with Andrei Vasilevskiy in net. He's 86 Overall, so a sort of middle-of-the-road goalie. Yesterday's game, he lost in OT letting in an Auston Matthews game winner (finished 88%). Today's game, he beat Corey Crawford (Crawford finished in the 80's, while Vas had 93%). These were both home games.

Also FWIW, someone commented on my Reddit thread and had a completely opposite experience to yours:
Quote:
I️ put these sliders on last night, and I️ really like the way they make the game feel. Lower scoring and tighter checking, with much better AI. Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comm...lstar/dprc4j2/
So there's hope! Don't give up after one game!

Last edited by jaibubwan; 11-13-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Hopefully I can plug these it tonight after work. Looking forward to getting the franchise rolling.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme26wvu
Hopefully I can plug these in tonight after work. Looking forward to getting the franchise rolling.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibubwan
I'd say try one more game. I've played & tested these sliders long enough to know each game has its own unique characteristics. That said, never had a result like yours.

My initial theories:
  • Did you apply the PRO PLUS sliders exactly? If you modified any of the sliders, big chance it could screw up the experience.
  • The "story" of your game was that the opposition had a "brick wall" goalie that night...while yours should have been benched & swapped out early on.

Also, ignoring their goals...how did you feel the opposition AI played? Were they too hard to play against? Were they too easy? Or, like Goldilocks' porridge...were they "just right"?

FWIW, I just played my last two games with Andrei Vasilevskiy in net. He's 86 Overall, so a sort of middle-of-the-road goalie. Yesterday's game, he lost in OT letting in an Auston Matthews game winner (finished 88%). Today's game, he beat Corey Crawford (Crawford finished in the 80's, while Vas had 93%). These were both home games.

Also FWIW, someone commented on my Reddit thread and had a completely opposite experience to yours:

So there's hope! Don't give up after one game!
Old 11-13-2017, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Jai's PRO PLUS SLIDERS (A Bridge Between Pro & All-Star)

Just played a game with these sliders and it was my best game of NHL in years. Good stuff Jai!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »