Home

Edit Player Patch? Is it Possible?

This is a discussion on Edit Player Patch? Is it Possible? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #9
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Edit Player Patch? Is it Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
This more or less sums up the problems that I think each and every one of us have with the title.

All I'm getting from all of the early impressions is that NHL 15 was sent out into the wild as a HUT game first and foremost, almost as if to see if they could get away with it since it's the one mode they can make decent coin from via micro transactions.
Whether or not that is the actual truth of thing going on is up for debate, but they certainly aren't helping to refute that way of thinking by giving us what we have got with NHL 15.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #10
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Whether or not that is the actual truth of thing going on is up for debate, but they certainly aren't helping to refute that way of thinking by giving us what we have got with NHL 15.
I really hope we'll get some sort of detailed explanation, though again not something I'm counting on. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but it's the only thing that seems to make sense currently. It's the only mode that is unaffected by most of these features that were just assumed to be in the game.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
I really hope we'll get some sort of detailed explanation, though again not something I'm counting on. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but it's the only thing that seems to make sense currently. It's the only mode that is unaffected by most of these features that were just assumed to be in the game.
I think what Rammer said was somewhat truthful too. HUT is the easiest mode to straight port. There is hardly any special programming behind it beside the basics that are already in the game. And it is a straight cash cow. I can't stand it, personally, but if people like it whatever. I just hate that it does seem to be dictating how the game is featured and what gets precedent in moving forward with the series.

I certainly don't want the feature shoved down my throat and each year it seems like I have to maneuver around it to get anywhere I want to go in the menus. I know that is by design and it annoys me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6

So if you would have asked me yesterday, I would have told you I was still completely intending to buy 15 this Tuesday. With all of the info coming to light through ea access, for the first time since NHL 05 I wont be buying the yearly NHL installment. I am worried about what this means as the future of Revamped, although we are discussing picking up the ps3/Xbox versions if they have the appropriate functionality, or actually sticking with NHL 14. I don't want to derail this thread, but if there is enough interest in a revamped release for 14 or lastgen 15, please let us know. I don't want revamped to die due to EA's complete inability to deliver.
NHL13 - http://goo.gl/Gmb9sf

CYCLONIAC'S MUSIC PACK - http://goo.gl/oPQtZt
Old 09-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #13
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead73
So if you would have asked me yesterday, I would have told you I was still completely intending to buy 15 this Tuesday. With all of the info coming to light through ea access, for the first time since NHL 05 I wont be buying the yearly NHL installment. I am worried about what this means as the future of Revamped, although we are discussing picking up the ps3/Xbox versions if they have the appropriate functionality, or actually sticking with NHL 14. I don't want to derail this thread, but if there is enough interest in a revamped release for 14 or lastgen 15, please let us know. I don't want revamped to die due to EA's complete inability to deliver.
I seriously doubt that 15 on last-gen is any different that 14...save for updated rosters...which are generally terrible. I would stick to 14 personally.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead73
You should start a new thread for this, if you haven't already. I think it's an important enough question that you'll want feedback and discussion on it.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #15
Rookie

bingyp's Arena

OVR: 0

Why a patch?

EA could release the software they use to create and edit their rosters.

Online announcement, links posted on their forum and release their actual program or part therof. This would then enable anybody who wanted to edit players to do so without all the fuss of creating a patch. Simply release what they aleady use.

That is, unless they edit their rosters in the game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #16
Rookie

BigDisk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingyp
Why a patch?

EA could release the software they use to create and edit their rosters.

Online announcement, links posted on their forum and release their actual program or part therof. This would then enable anybody who wanted to edit players to do so without all the fuss of creating a patch. Simply release what they aleady use.

That is, unless they edit their rosters in the game!!!
Obviously they don't edit their players in the game.
Player attributes and stats are stocked in some sort of database.

I'm pretty sure they hire/outsource some "expert" to do their player attributes... in an excel spreadsheet... and run some sort of database-import to convert the content of the excel files to the database.

It's completely naive to think they would release a program that lets you mess with files stored inside the Xbox One OS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »