Home

Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15?

This is a discussion on Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 PM   #25
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Shouldn't We be COMMENDING EAS NHL 15?

I am not a hockey guy. I also got the game for free as a birthday present. With all that in mind I am really enjoying this game. I haven't seriously played NHL in probably 20 years but the on ice part of this game is really fun.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

The improvement in game play makes my $60.00 expense worthwhile. I will be frustrated when I have to make every roster move through my team to try and keep them current, or maybe I won't bother unless my team is involved. In any event, with the exception of rampant goalie interference penalties this will keep my occupied until MLB15 arrives next spring.

Hate to admit it, but i hated paying $60.00 in the past for all those 'modes' that i never intend to play or use. This thing needs to go from this base of gameplay, tweak the improvements and implement rule changes as needed, and then sell it to us at $50.00 for the ability to play season mode with player/roster editing and control, and then charge $15-20 extra for those who want to Be a Pro, or Be a GM, or Be a whatever and pay to download and play those modes as you wish.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #27
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

That is true because offline players are paying for online features but I'm sure they probably need the money in all to operate the servers how it's needed. Idealistically that idea would be very fair though.

Perhaps in the future though, we could see games like these selling an offline and online version. That would be a groundbreaking idea.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 AM   #28
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutaro
Hate to admit it, but i hated paying $60.00 in the past for all those 'modes' that i never intend to play or use. This thing needs to go from this base of gameplay, tweak the improvements and implement rule changes as needed, and then sell it to us at $50.00 for the ability to play season mode with player/roster editing and control, and then charge $15-20 extra for those who want to Be a Pro, or Be a GM, or Be a whatever and pay to download and play those modes as you wish.
And yet here you are, still paying $60 for a game without those exact same modes. You didn't get a price drop, you just simply lost any extra potential value that may come from the game. Even if you NEVER try any of the modes given to you, the simple offer made it a generous deal of value. That's like saying "how dare you give me free french fries and a drink when I only paid for a hamburger! Never mind that it didn't cost me anything extra and I don't have to eat it if I don't want to, I just wanted a hamburger!"

I was an offline gamer in EA NHL for a long, long time. For years actually, I played Be-A-Pro exclusively when the introduced it back in 09, after only playing Goalie Mode in 08. I didn't play out of the crease until NHL 11, and I didn't touch EASHL until NHL 13, where I found some EA NHL friends from the first GM Connected league on this very site to start a club with. We've all grown so close over the past two years playing that mode and going to war together, I can't imagine not gaming with them in some capacity ever again. So while we are devastated by not having EASHL in new-gen NHL 15, most have simply decided to pass in favor of games like Destiny for the time being, games that allow us to still foster our brotherhood bred in EA Sports hockey. My point in that story is, I didn't see any value to EASHL at first, but I did eventually give it a try, and I wouldn't have been able to join the club and find such great camaraderie if EA made me pay extra to access a damn mode.

WX
Old 09-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think this years debacle takes the cake in EA blunders, even Madden never went this low in terms of selling such a bare bones game for full price. Just sucks, I was more excited for hockey this year than any other game.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #30
Rookie

hotjoint's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinoboy50
The good news out of all of this is that if boredom DOES set in, there out to be several used copies available at a price that I WOULD be willing to pay for a partial game. I have already seen it selling (not listed, actually selling) on ebay for $50-60 Canadian. The game is currently in stores here for $69.99. With my province's 13% sales tax that means people are already dumping the game for a $9-19 loss and it is not even a week old. Hopefully this trend continues. By Canadian Thanksgiving (early-mid October) I suspect it will be discount by $10-20 in stores. By holiday shopping season (mid to late November, I suspect another $10 drop. I should be able to snag a copy for about $40 mid way through the NHL season.
Walmart Weekly - Anniversary 1 Week Event - Sep 18 to Sep 24 - RedFlagDeals.com

Starting Sept 19th at Walmart for a week $49.94. NHL 15 and a few other next gen titles. Earlier than Thanksgiving!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 9

Mmm no

Missing game modes I could've lived with, temporarily, but it's not just that.

EASHL is not coming this year, GMC might not come back at all. Offline modes I couldn't care less about, so, whatever.

But gameplay? It's like they took the bad aspects of 11,12,13 & 14 and compressed them into a pretty little package. Auto-pass is horrible, puck control is too high, protect puck is broken, skating feels less responsive than in 14, goalies suck more than ever, and INTERFERENCE DOESN'T GET CALLED,dekes...meh. The game feels very arcadey to me, NHL14 took steps towards sim-style hockey and now they took two steps back.

But hey, they fixed the bouncy puck, woohoo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #32
Rookie

A Ferrari is useless with only 1 or 2 pot hole filled tracks on which you can drive it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »