Home

Be a GM Mode and Offline Mode Brainstorm

This is a discussion on Be a GM Mode and Offline Mode Brainstorm within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
Be a GM Mode and Offline Mode Brainstorm

Hi guys. This thread is intended for Be a GM and other offline players. In follow-up to AdamJones' ideas for overall improvements and ratings, he and I have talked about compiling a list of ideas/suggestions, specific to Be a GM and offline modes, that wil then be submitted to EA via our OS Game-Changer representatives.

I don't want this to get side tracked into a debate about who was chosen to represent us and how, as this is now a mute point. I have had contact via twitter with Ohhwayy, and he has been good to reply, so this is the avenue to EA we are being given at this point. If we don't at least try to use it, that is our fault.

Let's try to keep these suggestions creative, and realistic - after a couple of weeks if we can get a good discussion going, I will compile some of the most popular ideas and submit them to Ohhwayy and other Gamechanger members as a write-up.

Try to keep the ideas specific to Be a GM features, overall gameplay is a whole other issue!

I know this community has some amazing ideas for Be a GM, and I'd like to hear them all, so don't hesitate to post!

Last edited by m_maclean24; 02-24-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Be a GM Mode and Offline Mode Brainstorm

Go check out the BaGM wishlist in the last gen forum. They all still apply. All of the suggestions on the first page are what I want to see in the game.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Go check out the BaGM wishlist in the last gen forum. They all still apply. All of the suggestions on the first page are what I want to see in the game.
That's not true, 3 don't apply! Haha. How about anything new/specific?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #4
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

I'll definitely check out that page
Old 02-24-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Rookie

-Multi team control

-Or at least the ability to PLAY ANY TEAMS GAMES on the Schedule

-Scouting Reports for Teams

-Multi Season Stat and History Tracking...(Like an Almanac or History section)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

stat tracking career. year by year.
league hilites.
option to have fantasy draft with all fictional players
ability to edit names.
goalie injuries and fatigue
Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 AM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

The single biggest thing I want to see is sliders that actually work. I know we all want the gameplay improved to represent a more realistic hockey game but I'm not sure anymore we will ever see that. It's more important in EAs eyes to please the casual fan over us hardcore sim guys so were left tweaking trying to find a close to realistic setting. Way too many sliders do little to nothing from Max to minimum. Everyone plays differently so working sliders would go a long way and they need to save also.
I also want everything back that was in NHL 14
Total 30 team control
Total roster control
Player edit
Season stats in game

Sure they can improve many other things and should but without these things it's going to be tough to play again.

Last edited by jake19ny; 02-25-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #8
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

Good start guys. A lot of this will run hand in hand with what AdamJones has laid out in his rating recommendations. In particular, team scouting reports will work, especially if there is more separation in the way teams play. I want to see a difference in the way I have to play when I'm facing the Bruins, or say the Habs, and have that difference reflected in a scouting report, which in turn will have an impact on the lineup I dress going into a particular game.

The stat tracking is also crucial for full immersion into any GM Mode. This is non-negotiable. If EA wants to see players immersed in multi-year GM careers, this HAS to be in the game. Rico, the idea for an almanac is a great one, and on top of that EA needs to make search options for that almanac diverse (player name/draft year/age/etc). I don't mean a click-to-sort search, I mean a key-in search.

Again, on that topic of immersion, league hilites would also be a nice touch. As people have said in the past, back in NHL '94/'95 we were able to see in-game hilites from games around the league during intermission. 20 years on and we have nothing of the like. This idea would add so much into getting the feel that you are playing in an actual league. I think EA tried to start something along these lines with their fake twitter feed, but the output is so generic is is laughable.

I would also agree that multi-team control should be introduced. There are lots of players out there who love to keep their GM Mode as current as possible, which would include multi-team control that allows for manual injuries.

Full player edit should also be an option during your Be a GM Mode, customization across the board is key.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »