Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Attribute Effects

My testing is done.. Attributes Effects set on 10/10 is a game changer for me and has really refreshed the game playing my Blues franchise.

Unlike last year without messing with this slider, Schwartz is my leading goal scorer and not Brodziak, Pietrangelo is a beast on D, my young guys make rookie mistakes and must be in a good position to score goals, Bortuzzo takes a fair share of penalties, etc..

I fear snipers and guys with a heavy shot, have trouble when speed is on the ice, have to work hard against good goalies to screen or tip in goals. I'm also conscious when Tarasenko is on the ice and work to get him the puck as he's much more dangerous like he should be.

Maybe the new ratings help with this setting as well but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game right now.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I need to test this out tonight. Currently i have it at 7.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
My testing is done.. Attributes Effects set on 10/10 is a game changer for me and has really refreshed the game playing my Blues franchise.

Unlike last year without messing with this slider, Schwartz is my leading goal scorer and not Brodziak, Pietrangelo is a beast on D, my young guys make rookie mistakes and must be in a good position to score goals, Bortuzzo takes a fair share of penalties, etc..

I fear snipers and guys with a heavy shot, have trouble when speed is on the ice, have to work hard against good goalies to screen or tip in goals. I'm also conscious when Tarasenko is on the ice and work to get him the puck as he's much more dangerous like he should be.

Maybe the new ratings help with this setting as well but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game right now.
New ratings? Did you adjust the default ratings for the players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I think he means the fact that EA has spread out the ratings more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2017, 07:00 PM   #13
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I’ve only played a few with it at 10, but as stated in your slider thread I’m seeing a big difference in top lines and bottom 6 lines. I’m glad you started messing with this.

IMO this helps out big time playing the game with shorter periods as well. 7 mins instead of 8,9, or 10 for me work. Possibly 6 min periods as well (with use of 2 for PP scaling).
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah

Here's the million dollar question; is it the same for the CPU? Or are its players still playing above their pay grade?

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #15
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Here's the million dollar question; is it the same for the CPU? Or are its players still playing above their pay grade?

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
It works for CPU as well. I’ve seen wide open yawning nets missed, puck mishandled on dekes, and skating away from CPU with a faster player and them not warping to catch up.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I think he means the fact that EA has spread out the ratings more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Exactly.. this new rating layout seems to work well with the maxing out of the AE slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »