Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #33
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Attribute Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I want to hate you, but you're so full of knowledge and good advice.

I wish I could quit you!

Seriously though, thanks for the impressions. Much appreciated.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
HAHA thanks! The same to you!

Just had a play in my game vs Tampa Bay where normally it would have been an icing on me, but Fabbri.. who was behind two TB D men used his speed to race past them and grab the puck to negate an icing call. Little things like these shine with AE set on 10/10.

Didn't want to mention I'm getting outshot 18-7 in the first period and Kucherov has two goals against me.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #34
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0

One... thing I like about AE's : 10, how slow game is right now, I like that, but... you have to play strategic offense and stuff, like they will pass it down half way down boards or middle, so you'll likely gonna get caught off guard at all breakaways from AI CPU.

Another thing.. that in Improved on my setting is TOA (Time of Attack), it went from measly 2-5 TOA (Time of Attack), To 6-8 Minutes for AI CPU and me 7-9 (TOA = Time of Attack).

But... one thing I did see was Taller players much slower, so you cannot have stack team of big players, to me looks like you need at least a 5'8 - 5'11 or 5'10 on each line, to bring speed and agility and acceleration , am quite amazed at it.

but beware of bigger teams when having smaller players, like the ducks or los angeles kings or Washington Capitals, I last played them they ate me alive.

so yah it'd probably look like this: 6'3 - 5'11 or 5'10 - 5'8 Line one or 6'2 - 6'0 - 5'11 or 5'10 or 5'9 or 5'8 ex-sample line.

But yah you can really see the size differences and stuff when AE's at 10.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:17 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Wow and I mean that in a good way. Ok I have maxed the attribute slider on and off the last few nhls and honestly either didn't notice much or it made gameplay unrealistic. Just played default sim with the attribute sliders maxed and I honestly feel the only thing I need to do is up penalties.
Quick background, have purchased every NHL game going back to the first game on Sega Genesis. I strictly play offline, franchise, I want my games to mirror what we see on NHL every night(also a NHL center ice subscriber).
What I just played was what I have been trying to create with a ton of slider adjustments. I just saw many inaccurate shots, non skilled players losing the puck deeking, most checks not looking like a mlb just took out a receiver. Like size of player and speed of hit mattered without touching those sliders.
As an example I was the Rangers, Marc Staal finally felt like a big lumbering d man that had a horrible turning radius and generally felt horrible to control with the puck compared to Mcdonagh and Shattenkirk. Drouin(spelling) kept blowing by Staal and I need to lunge in desperation with his stick just like he does in real life to make up for his poor foot speed.
Ok I'm sorry this was so long, gunna play a few more games. One last thing I was on allstar, I felt the CPU going into crazy onslaught mode in their o zone was calmed down with way less tic taco toe passing. I also felt the nuetral zone was way more clogged up forcing me to dump and not just dumping because I'm trying to create real hockey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 06:33 PM   #36
Rookie

Hey Mizz thanks for sharing this with us. I have been putting off starting a franchise and now I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can get it going. Why ea didn't make the full sim gameplay with the attributes maxed like this is baffling. You would think a dev would read these forums and hear complaint after complaint of no player separation and 4th liners feeling the same as first liners and be like psst...hey boys max this one slider and weight matters, speed matters, a guy like Crosby will feel dangerous but a guy like Tanner Glass is weak with the puck and at best is gunna be a chip and chase guy that can take the body.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 PM   #37
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
Wow and I mean that in a good way. Ok I have maxed the attribute slider on and off the last few nhls and honestly either didn't notice much or it made gameplay unrealistic. Just played default sim with the attribute sliders maxed and I honestly feel the only thing I need to do is up penalties.
Quick background, have purchased every NHL game going back to the first game on Sega Genesis. I strictly play offline, franchise, I want my games to mirror what we see on NHL every night(also a NHL center ice subscriber).
What I just played was what I have been trying to create with a ton of slider adjustments. I just saw many inaccurate shots, non skilled players losing the puck deeking, most checks not looking like a mlb just took out a receiver. Like size of player and speed of hit mattered without touching those sliders.
As an example I was the Rangers, Marc Staal finally felt like a big lumbering d man that had a horrible turning radius and generally felt horrible to control with the puck compared to Mcdonagh and Shattenkirk. Drouin(spelling) kept blowing by Staal and I need to lunge in desperation with his stick just like he does in real life to make up for his poor foot speed.
Ok I'm sorry this was so long, gunna play a few more games. One last thing I was on allstar, I felt the CPU going into crazy onslaught mode in their o zone was calmed down with way less tic taco toe passing. I also felt the nuetral zone was way more clogged up forcing me to dump and not just dumping because I'm trying to create real hockey.
Exactly.. only other thing I've done is max the main penalty slider to 4/4 and the TWO penalty sliders in the gameplay sliders for CPU and CPU AI penalties both set to 100/100.

I actually had a game where I had 8 PP's.. never before has that happened, I've also had a few games where they are 4-5 each team.

This one Attribute Effects slider maxed on 10/10 has changed the game for me and I often find myself in awe at how much the game actually represents hockey now. I look for my dangerous scorers now and keep an eye out when my 3rd line D is out on the ice so I don't over commit in the O zone. Never before have I been this aware of who's on the ice for either team!
Old 10-08-2017, 06:39 PM   #38
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVenom
Hey Mizz thanks for sharing this with us. I have been putting off starting a franchise and now I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can get it going. Why ea didn't make the full sim gameplay with the attributes maxed like this is baffling. You would think a dev would read these forums and hear complaint after complaint of no player separation and 4th liners feeling the same as first liners and be like psst...hey boys max this one slider and weight matters, speed matters, a guy like Crosby will feel dangerous but a guy like Tanner Glass is weak with the puck and at best is gunna be a chip and chase guy that can take the body.
Glad you notice this too! I truly believe a huge contributing factor with this setting this year is due to EA finally adjusting the attributes (ratings) making them lower and more spread out. I'm not kidding when I say Brodziak was one of my top scorers last year. This year and with this setting on max, he's in there to bang the boards and take faceoffs.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:42 PM   #39
Rookie

Def gunna raise CPU penalties and CPU teammate ai penalties. Prior to your find I upped fatigue but the game I just played guys were dragging if on the ice too long. I also had trouble getting out of my zone more than ever in the past. Like I had to reverse the play behind my net up the boards. In the nuetral zone was often forced to dump and even sometimes I felt cut off and got it back to my d man, played a pass to the other d man across and looked for another way in. Yeah I have done that in the past but it was more me "trying" to replicate real hockey and not having to.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had been doing this for a little while now with my sliders "NHL 18 a different approach" and having great games. Having the AI maxed in areas really differentiates players this year, without the game playing crazy. Makes for a fun game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »