Home

Old 03-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Lost interest

I'm enjoying it.. but Madden is taking up my limited console time which has never happened before.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
Rookie

HipNotiiC_x's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm enjoying it.. but Madden is taking up my limited console time which has never happened before.
Madden is literally unplayable for me. Props to you for being able to stomach it haha. Their canned animations and seemingly inevitable big plays that ruin any defensive "feel" to a game just makes me lose all interest. As far as NHL goes, I've had decent success this year using team strategies and somewhat substantial slider work to make games very fun in NHL, it's just the base-level game seems to lack so much consistency that no slider set can ever be a true fix.

My sliders aim to keep the gameplay as fast as online, I have no interest in playing the game at speed 0 through 2. It moves way to slow, the animations are too slow, and I personally have way too much time to think about where to pass.

The biggest problem I see with this game is the terrible defensive gaps and atrocious neutral zone defense by the AI, and also the lack of recognizing when to apply pressure and pinch. I want an experience where breaking out when under a lot of pressure is hard because the AI is playing correctly, not because my skating ability and puck control is laughably poor and I cant take a step without losing the puck for pretty much no reason. It seems with the sliders, I can either get the AI to be overly passive which limits goals due to my lower shot accuracy, or I can make them overly aggressive which can limit me a bit, but once I adjust to their speed I can start making quick work of their aggression with hinge plays and area passes.

Essentially, I'd like a more fluid and dynamic experience from the AI which I just don't think is possible through sliders alone. The back-end AI logic is just not good enough to create the experience. The AI simply isn't smart enough to pinch when it's appropriate, and back-off/trap when pinching isn't the right play. Maybe I'm nitpicking as a coach and student of the game, but I just think the AI is so far off from being dynamic, that it really makes for a frustrating gameplay experience.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-29-2019, 08:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

only ones keeping this series afloat are the HUT players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #12
Pro

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyD
There's no sharing. If EA reinstates roster sharing, slider sharing, custom music, etc..., it will pick back up. I am not here nearly as much as I used to when we were all talking about the latest roster updates and other things.
Add in a "start today" feature similar to NBA and I'm back into this in a heartbeat. Would love to be rolling into a rebuild with some great community-made rosters right now.

I love the fact in NBA that you can use the "start today" mode, and then roll into an expansion draft in the offseason. Hard for me to get too immersed right now if I want any bit of realism connected to my franchise unfortunately.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Add in a "start today" feature similar to NBA and I'm back into this in a heartbeat. Would love to be rolling into a rebuild with some great community-made rosters right now.

I love the fact in NBA that you can use the "start today" mode, and then roll into an expansion draft in the offseason. Hard for me to get too immersed right now if I want any bit of realism connected to my franchise unfortunately.
What's more frustrating than anything is watching other companies do EXACTLY what is needed in sports games and at the same time seeing EA specifically avoid those same things while hearing fans plead for those changes. Clearly the sound of the register cashing in on FUT, HUT and MUT matters more.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #14
Pro

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
What's more frustrating than anything is watching other companies do EXACTLY what is needed in sports games and at the same time seeing EA specifically avoid those same things while hearing fans plead for those changes. Clearly the sound of the register cashing in on FUT, HUT and MUT matters more.
For sure. I think the fact that NHL has expansion is certainly gives it a step up from MLB/Madden (though overall, both of those games have better franchise modes), but you're right about us essentially screaming at a wall about all of the little things that we, as a community, want.

I'm pretty happy with the overall game play this year, and hope they continue to trend in the right direction, but I remember hearing about one of the devs (can't remember who), laughing at the idea of roster sharing. That's a shame and seems like it should be commonplace nowadays among sports games.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #15
Rookie

Perhaps try NHL2KHS on PC as an alternative to EA?

For current rosters go to https://forums.operationsports.com/f...1-nhl2khs.html

Download the NHL2K19 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...1-nhl2khs.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 04-13-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »