Home

Franchise Question - D-man Preferences

This is a discussion on Franchise Question - D-man Preferences within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2020, 04:08 AM   #1
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Question - D-man Preferences

Ok...

I cannot for the life of me figure this out..

How the heck can you find a d-man with BALANCE/BALANCE preferences?

I just did the 2030-2031 draft - 80 total D-Men in the draft not one had BALANCE for any of them? Does it even exist?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Franchise Question - D-man Preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
Ok...

I cannot for the life of me figure this out..

How the heck can you find a d-man with BALANCE/BALANCE preferences?

I just did the 2030-2031 draft - 80 total D-Men in the draft not one had BALANCE for any of them? Does it even exist?

thanks
I have never found a d-man in the draft with Balance/Balance. I have occasionally found someone in the draft with Balance for one, but not both. This is a source of frustration because so many of the coaches have Balance/Balance preferences, but EA doesn't create new players in the draft with said preferences.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:39 PM   #3
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketfballman
I have never found a d-man in the draft with Balance/Balance. I have occasionally found someone in the draft with Balance for one, but not both. This is a source of frustration because so many of the coaches have Balance/Balance preferences, but EA doesn't create new players in the draft with said preferences.
you are 100% correct.. They are very very rare. I did find one but he was a 72 overall and there is no way he would be an NHLer.

I have been doing an experiment to see if chemistry actually helps the team.

So far thru 2 season it only helps during regular season with individual scoring and team defensive stats, but come playoff time chemistry is not as important as poise and experience. The 1st year i finished 3rd in conference with the Bruins. Impossible to get PASTA-BERGY-MARCHAND to +5 as their preferences offset each other. I also noticed that TWF class is pretty useless for offensive categories. Im guessing its programing, also not sure that there is a fix for this. regardless I went to ECF and lost to the Cup Champion.

Second year however was completely different. I went 66-11-5 after trading for a veteran team on third and 4th line. my research has proved that if a player is less than 81 overall and poise is less than 75 that player is useless in the playoffs and will get abused by the CPU.

Goalies are no different.

Very Frustrating learning the coach/player chemistry and it doesn't really help.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadAss33
you are 100% correct.. They are very very rare. I did find one but he was a 72 overall and there is no way he would be an NHLer.

I have been doing an experiment to see if chemistry actually helps the team.

So far thru 2 season it only helps during regular season with individual scoring and team defensive stats, but come playoff time chemistry is not as important as poise and experience. The 1st year i finished 3rd in conference with the Bruins. Impossible to get PASTA-BERGY-MARCHAND to +5 as their preferences offset each other. I also noticed that TWF class is pretty useless for offensive categories. Im guessing its programing, also not sure that there is a fix for this. regardless I went to ECF and lost to the Cup Champion.

Second year however was completely different. I went 66-11-5 after trading for a veteran team on third and 4th line. my research has proved that if a player is less than 81 overall and poise is less than 75 that player is useless in the playoffs and will get abused by the CPU.

Goalies are no different.

Very Frustrating learning the coach/player chemistry and it doesn't really help.
Player biases are randomized at the start of every franchise

And yes, poise is very important in the playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »