Home

Old 09-21-2023, 08:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 5 closed beta

Got the beta code and played yesterday and today. Deleted the beta already. Reasons why:

- Online play is insufferably laggy, inputs take ages to happen.
- Spamming is still the most effective method as a single punch essentially freezes you in place, so it's a game of whoever throws a punch first wins.
- The input lag makes it impossible to react to a strike, you always have to predict.
- The doctors stoppage thing is overdone. Any cut and half a round of extra punches and the fight's called off.
- Online career is a drag and a half, far too slow to allow you to upgrade your stats, even with the 2XP boost. At regular speed you'd probably have to fight about 15 times before you can upgrade your character.
- You also can't train in online career so it's essentially just the same as UFC4 online reskinned.
- The addition of those silly outfits mean your opponent can wear a mask and obscure exactly where you've cut someone. This is basically cheating imo, as you have to guess where the cut is.
- Beta specific: the lack of fight now is dumb. I hate fighting online (for all the reasons above) and I can't just go in and pick someone offline to fight. Yes there are those challenges but I don't just want to repeat challenges to play offline.
- There's no tutorial for some reason
- Overall, the game is far too close to UFC 4 for my liking.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:21 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiseup
Got the beta code and played yesterday and today. Deleted the beta already. Reasons why:

- Online play is insufferably laggy, inputs take ages to happen.
- Spamming is still the most effective method as a single punch essentially freezes you in place, so it's a game of whoever throws a punch first wins.
- The input lag makes it impossible to react to a strike, you always have to predict.
- The doctors stoppage thing is overdone. Any cut and half a round of extra punches and the fight's called off.
- Online career is a drag and a half, far too slow to allow you to upgrade your stats, even with the 2XP boost. At regular speed you'd probably have to fight about 15 times before you can upgrade your character.
- You also can't train in online career so it's essentially just the same as UFC4 online reskinned.
- The addition of those silly outfits mean your opponent can wear a mask and obscure exactly where you've cut someone. This is basically cheating imo, as you have to guess where the cut is.
- Beta specific: the lack of fight now is dumb. I hate fighting online (for all the reasons above) and I can't just go in and pick someone offline to fight. Yes there are those challenges but I don't just want to repeat challenges to play offline.
- There's no tutorial for some reason
- Overall, the game is far too close to UFC 4 for my liking.
I didn't get a code and this feels like being hungry and watching someone throw away a bunch of food.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:31 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I didn't get a code and this feels like being hungry and watching someone throw away a bunch of food.
You're watching me throw away mouldy food. You wouldn't want to eat it, trust me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2023, 10:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiseup
You're watching me throw away mouldy food. You wouldn't want to eat it, trust me.
100 percent accurate. Beta is very same ol,same ol. No buy here.
Old 09-21-2023, 10:27 PM   #37
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

When it comes to UFC, I am definitely a ******. But, what I can tell you from my untrained eye is that the game is ridiculously beautiful. It definitely looks current/next gen. I just played my first match. I was Jared Cannonier and my opponent was Israel Adesanya. He caught me with a knee to the chin that knocked me out in the 1st round. Gonna try online next.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:29 AM   #38
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrasslin_man_314
Your boy has an extra code! First to DM or respond gets it.
still have ?
Old 09-22-2023, 05:45 AM   #39
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknizzle2023
still have ?
That code was taken already.

Can anyone confirm the beta ends today? I have no way of checking. I might aswell stop putting any effort into finding a code then.
Old 09-22-2023, 06:53 AM   #40
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

since we've all been speaking of surveys so much.... why don't we survey the people who have played the closed beta on whether or not they like it and are satisfied with it as a new game? lol. maybe that'd tell EA something if it isn't clear already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »