Home

Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

This is a discussion on Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think it's all about the controls. The tutorial has to show exactly how to do things in such a deep game. Thq UFC was incredible but for the most part for me was a bunch random analog movement and button mashing
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Report: EA Sports UFC to Run at 1080p at 30 FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators1984
Let me clarify my statement. I meant as good as it gets for this wave of games. Obviously in the next few years and such graphics will continue to improve and I expect that. But I doubt you'll find a prettier game come next April(?).

Also, I agree that career needs to be deep and CAF needs to also be deep to allow for accurate creation of fighters that don't make the roster and they would allow for a lot of space. But it's all about gameplay for me. An so far this game has quietly impressed the few that had a chance to see what they have so far. They need to deliver on fluid, realistic striking and more importantly create a badass, organic grappling system that flows.
Then we'll agree to agree here. That makes more sense. Progressive improvements towards realism for both graphics and gameplay. But they need to be drastic, not incremental.

But do you know what's missing in most sports games? "Explosive."

I am looking and hoping that sports game developers could start implementing this one key aspect. This will absolutely have to tie into fatigue and stamina. When you're fresh, your "explosiveness" will be at 100%. As you tire, it decreases. Explosiveness is NOT the same as stamina.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 10-25-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
I think it's all about the controls. The tutorial has to show exactly how to do things in such a deep game. Thq UFC was incredible but for the most part for me was a bunch random analog movement and button mashing
Yeah, the big thing for me is the takedown/takedown defense/grappling controls. In THQ UFC you could take down anyone almost at will, in my experience. I think defensive fighting needs to be given a fair chance.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0
Totally agree on the defensive fighting. Ea Mma actually did a good job of this with the grapple deny windows. It forced your opponent to mix things up and get you thinking about punched before shooting for a quick takedown. You couldn't just shoot in at will like you can with ThQ. Ea Mma was a flawed game in its own right and very much incomplete but had some genius ideas that I hope make it into ea UFC.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

30 FPS? I think this is one of the biggest problems with current-gen gaming. So many games on the 360 and PS3 are released at 30 FPS. With motion blur? 30 FPS with motion blur is not as good as 60 FPS.

Especially in a combat sports game, where physics really matter. I can understand that a game like GTA V is 30 FPS, but games like this should be 60 FPS. I believe it really affects the experience.

There is "less room for error with the animations when you crank the framerate up that high"? Wouldn't the right decision be to make the animations look better at 60 FPS? I'm hoping that the PC version will be 60 FPS, we're in 2013 and games are still getting released at 30 FPS? With motion blur? Seriously? Don't you guys agree that games running at 60 FPS are so much more realistic? You feel like you have more actual control over the player's movements, rather then kind of guessing the timing when it comes to blocking and stuff at 30 FPS.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather play a game at 480p or 720p if it's 60 FPS, rather than 1080p at 30 FPS. There's been such a push for higher resolutions on HD TVs and it's like they forgot about the actual frame rate, you know one of the most important aspects to a video game.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #14
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
30 FPS? I think this is one of the biggest problems with current-gen gaming. So many games on the 360 and PS3 are released at 30 FPS. With motion blur? 30 FPS with motion blur is not as good as 60 FPS.

Especially in a combat sports game, where physics really matter. I can understand that a game like GTA V is 30 FPS, but games like this should be 60 FPS. I believe it really affects the experience.

There is "less room for error with the animations when you crank the framerate up that high"? Wouldn't the right decision be to make the animations look better at 60 FPS? I'm hoping that the PC version will be 60 FPS, we're in 2013 and games are still getting released at 30 FPS? With motion blur? Seriously? Don't you guys agree that games running at 60 FPS are so much more realistic? You feel like you have more actual control over the player's movements, rather then kind of guessing the timing when it comes to blocking and stuff at 30 FPS.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather play a game at 480p or 720p if it's 60 FPS, rather than 1080p at 30 FPS. There's been such a push for higher resolutions on HD TVs and it's like they forgot about the actual frame rate, you know one of the most important aspects to a video game.
I find 480p and 720p unacceptable nowadays, not saying the game shouldnt run at 60fps but then they should rather find another way to make it possible.

however as it says in the text the game is actually running at 60fps but the output will be 30, not entirely sure what that means though, but to me it sounds like performance problems arent the reason and its rather a design decision.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #15
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005

Well we will have to see what the finished product looks like at 30 fps. I'm honestly surprised that a game using the latest hardware and only featuring 2 fighters at a time is not capable of at least 60 fps. There has to be a ton of processing going on behind the scenes to justify not operating above 30 fps. I honestly wouldn't be surprised this is due to unoptimized coding as opposed to pushing the graphics card and processor to the limit with a 2 person fighting game on a console equivalent to a pretty high spec PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

The OP says this game is coming out for Xbox360 and PS3, yet I am reading elsewhere that this game will skip current-gen and come out around May 2014 on new Xbox and PS4. I thought this was supposed to come out for PC as well. But now I'm reading that supposedly it's not coming out for PC.

If in fact this is coming out on the PS4 and the new Xbox, and not on the 360 and PS3, then the fact that it will be at 30 FPS is disappointing. I would imagine that any frame rate issues or limitations will be ironed out on the next generation of consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »