Home

Max Holloways infinite cardio

This is a discussion on Max Holloways infinite cardio within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Max Holloways infinite cardio

After seeing the Calvin Kattar fight I am fully convinced that Holloways power should be about 70 while his cardio is 140. 744 strikes attempted? You couldnt even do that in EA UFC 1. He performed like a video game cheat code or a custom match fight where there is no stamina penalty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Max Holloways infinite cardio

That's the problem with volume v power in this game.

Guys like Conor have bad stamina but even with low stamina they retain too much power.

Guys like Max have awesome stamina but they generally dont have the power on it, but in this game they can hit like Ngannou even without accumulated damage.

A power modifier would be useful.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah it's almost tempting to advocate for removing his stamina bar and taking away his ability to KO people lol.

Honestly though, Kattar's toughness was incredible. Max has finished many other guys with a lesser output than what he showed in that fight. Kattar deserves some huge buffs to his durability, as I'm not sure anyone else would have survived that long. Ortega, Pettis and Aldo didn't last. Even Volk was knocked down by Max. It's insane that Kattar didn't even touch the mat once.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #4
Rookie

I think there should be a distinction between quick vs power strikes, ala UD 3. How to implement it on the controller, I have no idea

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS
I think there should be a distinction between quick vs power strikes, ala UD 3. How to implement it on the controller, I have no idea

I thought holding would make sense, but when you think about it it would be hard to do power combos.

So it should be a toggle.. modifier + dpad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:

Absolutely. Volume vs. power should be one of their number one striking priorities for UFC 5. There must be a distinction between these two types of strikers and a middle ground (I feel most fall into). This would vary the gameplay. I know that fighters with more power lose more stamina inherently in game, but it isn't proportional. High volume strikers should play like the meta is now. Lots of pressure, high stamina. High power strikers should break through the block easier but lose considerably more stamina. Those in the middle, obviously a combination of both.

A power modifier would still be good though. It gives volume strikers the KO power they need and power strikers that Ngannou one punch power. You can even use the power modifier during the combo. Like jab-straight-power lead hook-rear hook.

Completely changes the meta and makes the striking more complex. Not to mention, wholly unnecessary to win, so casuals won't have to learn it (which is always EA's concern).
Old 01-17-2021, 01:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Just hold the button by itself. Currently holding lb changes the style of strike but if the button is pushed by itself and held you should be able to do a modifier of some sort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »