Home

I hope a lesson can be learned here

This is a discussion on I hope a lesson can be learned here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I hope a lesson can be learned here

Criticism isn't hoping someone gets punished for developing a product you personally don't like.

You shouldn't be comparing product from company A to product from Company B.

Nothing about your criticism is even constructive, the development team has heard your voice, they understand the problems and they're well aware MMA games are a niche fighting game that caters to a small and quite clearly a melodramatic player base, that small crowd isn't even represented by the small number of active users here in this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #26
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I'm not surprised by negativity in the least. Most people will normally post issues they have with the game more often than making "praise" posts.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #27
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnOlogist
Criticism isn't hoping someone gets punished for developing a product you personally don't like.
Who in here is asking for that? That's a narrative you've painted in your own head. People just want improvements, whoever is able to do them. I certainly don't want to see people fired or punished, especially when I believe they're capable of continuing to push this game forward.

Quote:
You shouldn't be comparing product from company A to product from Company B.
The only ongoing comparisons that are being made in this forum are either from EA's own games (UFC 2, FNC) or UFC Undisputed 3. In the case of the latter, it's an MMA game that's highly regarded, so it naturally makes sense to compare the two.

Quote:
Nothing about your criticism is even constructive, the development team has heard your voice, they understand the problems and they're well aware MMA games are a niche fighting game that caters to a small and quite clearly a melodramatic player base, that small crowd isn't even represented by the small number of active users here in this forum.
The argument that this forum doesn't speak for the majority of the player base comes up every so often, but it's one that falls on deaf ears for me. The average person who plays this game doesn't care enough to bother getting on forums to say how they feel one way or the other. They're content throwing some punches and kicks, and beating up on their friends. Would you be more receptive to reading comments here if they were all positive? Sorry.

Even though I've been very active in voicing my displeasure with elements of the game, I can understand how it can seem like a bit much right now. When you open up the EA UFC page, it just looks like an never-ending list of people bitching. That's unfortunate and hopefully things will lighten up again soon, but there's nothing wrong with people being honest about how they feel.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Who in here is asking for that? That's a narrative you've painted in your own head. People just want improvements, whoever is able to do them. I certainly don't want to see people fired or punished, especially when I believe they're capable of continuing to push this game forward.
The OP did Pappy....and since there's no quote in the post you quoted, I'm pretty sure the poster was addressing the OP.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #29
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The OP did Pappy....and since there's no quote in the post you quoted, I'm pretty sure the poster was addressing the OP.
Well, I apologize for overlooking that. I assumed he was speaking in general, not to me or anyone else specifically. I definitely don't agree with OP on the punishment thing. Disregard my comments towards ImAnOlogist, but I stand by my points in the broader sense.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 02-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #30
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

LISTEN .....The issues with negative post particularly in theses forums about the game most of the time have merit and a rest are contributed to personalities , frustration, and clash of ideas , and some members seem to Bogart the forums by not acknowledging the games downfalls and suck up to the DEVS , the game is flawed , however it has MASSIVE POTENTIAL!
But but it seems like the ideas of only the divas of the community, buff out the forums in whole, but that’s a different subject!
We can sit here and give the game much praise with the praise is not going to make it better pointing out the negative‘s in finding a fix ,
You’re going to hear a lot of negative because everyone wants to prioritize what they feel the game better ,
So GPD decision to prioritize someone idea over others leaves the community more frustrated and you will continue to hear negative objections of gameplay,
It might sound petty but it’s true.
This is an idea they should take heed to as the complaints come in have a post with bullet points of the complaints they have acknowledged.. and are working on so you won’t hear the same negative feedback of the game!?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #31
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You're not the only one.

there's more negativity lately on these forums than anything from UFC 2. And UFC 2 had stun lock parries on every strike and strikes that did almost no damage with no vulnerability system and random health events.

I'm honestly shocked.

Don't bother replying as I won't be visiting this thread again.
I know you said don't bother replying but...

It's better than UFC 2 imo. Most people think that. However, there are still quite a lot of problems (most can be fixed this game). I think that there is a lot of criticism and a smaller amount of outright hate/negativity. What tends to happen in that situation is we lump it all together. The majority I think feel it's a better game than UFC 2 but there are many areas that can be improved upon. Then there are a smaller percentage of people on either side that think it's either worse than UFC 2 or it's basically fine like it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles

The only ongoing comparisons that are being made in this forum are either from EA's own games (UFC 2, FNC) or UFC Undisputed 3. In the case of the latter, it's an MMA game that's highly regarded, so it naturally makes sense to compare the two.

The argument that this forum doesn't speak for the majority of the player base comes up every so often, but it's one that falls on deaf ears for me. The average person who plays this game doesn't care enough to bother getting on forums to say how they feel one way or the other. They're content throwing some punches and kicks, and beating up on their friends. Would you be more receptive to reading comments here if they were all positive? Sorry.

Even though I've been very active in voicing my displeasure with elements of the game, I can understand how it can seem like a bit much right now. When you open up the EA UFC page, it just looks like an never-ending list of people bitching. That's unfortunate and hopefully things will lighten up again soon, but there's nothing wrong with people being honest about how they feel.
The problem I have is that the constant negativity here gives people a false sense of how good the game actually is. Here is the long list of complaints currently on the front page:

- A problem with submissions.
- Body kick catching
- DJ's flying armbar
- What the heck GPD! (Which is actually a positive thread but the title reads like its a bad thing).
- KOs unsatisfying.
- Leg kicks are too good.
- Leg kicks arent good enough.
- Fighters dont retire in career mode.
- Multiple stamina threads.

Now some of these are legitimate. Some of these are complaints from people who havent played the game alot or learned the new controls. Some of them are complaints that effect very few players. Some are just opinions (I personally like the KOs in the game.)

If I was a person who doesnt come to this forum much and just wanted to check in on what the community likes about this game, I would think that this was one of the worst MMA games ever created based off of some of the titles of different threads and the constant negative posts.

Maybe I wrong though? Maybe I'm really enjoying this game but the majority of the community hates/dislikes this game and the forums are accurate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »